UnevenEdge

MSG: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 2 coming in October.

Gyaos

As I said, I'm not alone on this opinion.  People on the forums, the guys on the Toonami Showdown Podcast, have all made the same or similar arguments for why the show is bad.  Soooo yeah you don't have a leg to stand on here.  That sure sounds like you ragequit because you had nothing to respond with.  If that was the case, you wouldn't have said something like what you just said.  "An occasional amusement."  >:D Yup, you're not buttmad at all.  You're getting feisty for a discussion on a trivial topic like anime. =3

What bullshit?  Look up the sales statistics.  The truth hurts.  Japan loves Naruto and Love Live.  That doesn't make them good!

We get it.  You don't like Gundam.  Now be the bigger man and shut up about it before I have to lobotimize myself with a power drill.

I don't see how anybody can think that Dragon Ball Super, Gundam: IBO, JoJo, and Tokyo Ghoul are good anime. No wonder Toonami's on the verge of cancellation. Its producers dug the grave with a crappy selection and packaging aimed at prepubescent boys instead of badass men.

I'm convinced that most of the push-back against the series happened because it did rely so heavily on having at least a basic working knowledge of the Universal Century.  You could make the argument that it wasn't the best fit for the block because of this, since the last time UC Gundam aired on Cartoon Network had to be 15 years ago, but I'm still very happy they did, even if I didn't pick up on every detail and reference along the way.

If there is one legitimate complaint I think could be levied against the series itself, it's the utterly ham-handed way it was pared down from the original 7 OVA episodes.  There were some really awkward episode breaks and a bunch of recap filler along the way.  I picked up the DVDs for pretty cheap in the big RightStuf anniversary sale, so it'll be interesting to see how much better everything flows in the original format.

I would contend that's entirely the reason.  Imagine airing Season 5 of Samurai Jack in Japan.  Same thing happens.

I don't see how anybody can think that Dragon Ball Super, Gundam: IBO, JoJo, and Tokyo Ghoul are good anime. No wonder Toonami's on the verge of cancellation. Its producers dug the grave with a crappy selection and packaging aimed at prepubescent boys instead of badass men.

You're just butthurt because the UC Gundam show wasn't a huge hit and was pretty much panned among the Toonami podcasts.

Which I really don't get, don't get me wrong. I thought its story was a bit confusing but I can't knock the amazing visuals and music.

Hopefully Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin gets its chance on Toonami someday. Its ending might be a bit inconclusive by nature but as a remake of the original Mobile Suit Gundam it seems like a natural for Toonami!