UnevenEdge

Iron Man is a black woman now?

enad

I just found this out, as I don't read comics on regular release anymore. 

Negro-Iron-Man.jpg

Does this mean all of Iron Man and The Mandarin's fights are now over fluctuating bruised fruit prices at the corner store that the latter runs?

Negro-Iron-Man.jpg

Does this mean all of Iron Man and The Mandarin's fights are now over fluctuating bruised fruit prices at the corner store that the latter runs?

it's odd that Marvel is still doing this when their current CEO is a Trump supporter and he's made them reinvent Captain America as a literal Nazi

Hardly anybody reads comic books anymore.

They're attempting to reboot entire franchises because most people who grew up with comics grew out of them.

That's why you have new trash like New 52 and All-New, All-Different Marvel.

I've never been into reading actual comic books. Even as a kid I never bought one, but by the time I was born

superhero comics, and comic books in general were already a thing of the past. Which kind of sucks because

I had NO IDEA a comic book hero, or "antihero" like Deadpool even exsisted until the recent film craze.

There's probably tons of other crazy ass comics that I'd love if I knew they exsisted. I still wouldn't mind buying

some of the old deadpool comics just to own them.. I've looked through them on online sites, and videos made

by people that collected the comics.

Negro-Iron-Man.jpg

That's Iron Heart

She is his new plucky sidekick

Hardly anybody reads comic books anymore.

They're attempting to reboot entire franchises because most people who grew up with comics grew out of them.

That's why you have new trash like New 52 and All-New, All-Different Marvel.

I haven't read superhero comics in a long time.  I mostly pick up bound TPBs of stuff like the new Sandman series or other Vertigo books. 

I haven't read superhero comics in a long time.  I mostly pick up bound TPBs of stuff like the new Sandman series or other Vertigo books.

I ran into some images of the covers of the old sandman comics in image searches and they peeked my interest to

look into the series. I never actually read any of them, but I like the artwork.

I ran into some images of the covers of the old sandman comics in image searches and they peeked my interest to

look into the series. I never actually read any of them, but I like the artwork.

It's probably my favorite comic series.  I don't know if you've checked out American Gods on Starz but it's another Gaiman property that plays with a lot of the same themes.  I like the characters in Sandman much better though.

I've only been interested in purchasing Ironheart fanart because the actual comic just feels like a lazy way of introducing a new black character(Slapping some big name white character's powers on them and giving them far less to do than their white counterparts) while hoping to get cookies for diversity. When I have ample disposable income(Anime and manga already clean me out), I plan on it spending it on more creative and gutsier indie comics that have minority artists and writers on board who put in better effort at creating characters like them.

I've only been interested in purchasing Ironheart fanart because the actual comic just feels like a lazy way of introducing a new black character(Slapping some big name white character's powers on them and giving them far less to do than their white counterparts) while hoping to get cookies for diversity. When I have ample disposable income(Anime and manga already clean me out), I plan on it spending it on more creative and gutsier indie comics that have minority artists and writers on board who put in better effort at creating characters like them.

Yea it seems contrived.  It would be nice to just have new characters that are black women.  Invariably they would have afros and purple lightsabers and all be named YoloTwerk, but A for effort.