UnevenEdge

this console gen has been really disappointing

quebecelegy

i remember being so excited for sony's ps4 reveal

countless games have been let downs

no reason to buy an xbone or ps4 until last year

not enough new ips

by this time last gen we had dozens of reasons to own a ps3 or 360

i dont remember why i made this thread, but i guess im just wondering where everything went wrong.

I feel ya. There's only been maybe a handful of games this generation (At least on PS4/XB1) that I've been really hyped for. This year especially has been just absolutely terrible for gaming. I mean, sure there's been a lot of great games, but there's been just as many disappointments...

things are looking up Q1 2017, but it pretty much feels like we should've gotten a steady stream of good games by now.

• 2 weeks later...

This generation is great. The graphics and gameplay are incredible.

I think the most improved generation was the transition from PS/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast/GBC to PS2/GC/Xbox/GBA. The PlayStation 2 etc gen just totally shitted on the generation before it like I'm sure the Genesis/SNES must have done to the generation before it.

i remember being so excited for sony's ps4 reveal

countless games have been let downs

no reason to buy an xbone or ps4 until last year

not enough new ips

by this time last gen we had dozens of reasons to own a ps3 or 360

i dont remember why i made this thread, but i guess im just wondering where everything went wrong.

well none of this year has been good so why should the games?

actually that's not true the anime this year's been surprisingly epic, everything else fucking blows though

This generation is great. The graphics and gameplay are incredible.

I think the most improved generation was the transition from PS/N64/Saturn/Dreamcast/GBC to PS2/GC/Xbox/GBA. The PlayStation 2 etc gen just totally shitted on the generation before it like I'm sure the Genesis/SNES must have done to the generation before it.

Yeah for me, the dramatic change from old gen to new gen was the 8-bit/16-bit and the 16-bit/32-bit transitions.  I still remember being blown away seeing a display showing Battle Arena Toshinden being played at a local movie/videogame rental place way back.

This gen is on par with the last one where it takes a while to start getting good games. The last good gen for early gaming is PS2/Xbox/GC, but for the last and current gen, there was and is no incentive to buy the systems brand new until the price drops when the good games start funneling in.

The PS4 is $250 (for the Slim) until December 31st. Don't know about the pro though.

I fucking love the PS4 tho. Bloodborne and UC4 are GOAT. Gonna get Disgaea 5, GGXRD Rev, and something else p soon.

Yeah, next year I'm going for the PS4 (probably the slim cause it's cheap and don't have/need the 4K bells & whistles). I've already got an NBA 2K15 and Naruto UNS4 set aside at the moment just so that there wouldn't just be the console or whatever game is packed with it once I'd be able to get it, but this year there's alot of good games coming out for it so it places more urgency in trying to speed up the process of grabbing it. By then there should be a lower cost on older games I wanted to pick up like Revelator, GTAV remaster, Bloodborne, FFXV, and other miscellaneous weeb games.