UnevenEdge

Toonami Memorial Day plans (what we know so far)

They are definitely not going to take a break on HxH because of something as arbitrary as a milestone in the episode count. And it would probably only make people think the show is gone for good.

Yeah, they shouldn't get my hopes up.

Also, something interesting is happening with Hunter x Hunter: it's on episode 52 next week (5/20/17). Could it be that it takes a small break starting June 3rd in favor of another show, then comes back later in a better timeslot?

... I hope they're not planning on taking the show down from the block so soon!

Never mind June 3rd, the thing we need to know is what's happening on May 27th at 8 PM. If we're getting an episode of Super that won't be on Toonami that night, it HAS to be on Toonami SOMETIME, and the best way to accomplish that (ratings be damned) would be a Super Power Hour at 11 PM on June 3rd.

Also, something interesting is happening with Hunter x Hunter: it's on episode 52 next week (5/20/17). Could it be that it takes a small break starting June 3rd in favor of another show, then comes back later in a better timeslot?

Yeah they could do a Super Power Hour and hell they could do this on June 3rd:

11:00 PM - Dragon Ball Super from May 27th

11:30 PM - Dragon Ball Super for June 3rd

12:00 AM - Attack on Titan

12:30 AM - Attack on Titan

1:00 AM - Tokyo Ghoul

1:30 AM - Hunter x Hunter or Tokyo Ghoul if they want to keep up with the hour blocks thing

2:00 AM - Gundam Unicorn

2:30 AM - Gundam Unicorn

3:00 AM - Ghost in the Shell (maybe another GITS at 3:30AM if they feel like continuing the hour block all night)

It's rather outlandish but it will clean the slate for June 10th allowing a show to replace Gundam and a show to replace Jack while keeping Titan and Super from getting behind.

As for Hunter taking a break, I suppose if the contract was a certain way then they could take a break but that's bound to frustrate the loyal HxH viewers and make a lot of people assume it got pulled like One Piece. It'd be especially lousy to cut off HxH mid-arc.

Never mind June 3rd, the thing we need to know is what's happening on May 27th at 8 PM. If we're getting an episode of Super that won't be on Toonami that night, it HAS to be on Toonami SOMETIME, and the best way to accomplish that (ratings be damned) would be a Super Power Hour at 11 PM on June 3rd.

Hopefully they cancel it.

Yeah they could do a Super Power Hour and hell they could do this on June 3rd:

11:00 PM - Dragon Ball Super from May 27th

11:30 PM - Dragon Ball Super for June 3rd

12:00 AM - Attack on Titan

12:30 AM - Attack on Titan

1:00 AM - Tokyo Ghoul

1:30 AM - Hunter x Hunter or Tokyo Ghoul if they want to keep up with the hour blocks thing

2:00 AM - Gundam Unicorn

2:30 AM - Gundam Unicorn

3:00 AM - Ghost in the Shell (maybe another GITS at 3:30AM if they feel like continuing the hour block all night)

It's rather outlandish but it will clean the slate for June 10th allowing a show to replace Gundam and a show to replace Jack while keeping Titan and Super from getting behind.

As for Hunter taking a break, I suppose if the contract was a certain way then they could take a break but that's bound to frustrate the loyal HxH viewers and make a lot of people assume it got pulled like One Piece. It'd be especially lousy to cut off HxH mid-arc.

A double-down night would certainly be interesting!

It would also be an interesting ratings experiment to see if shows do better!

And I guess people wouldn't hate on taking a 3-week break from Hunter x Hunter that much!

Yeah, I'd say some of that eventually rubbed off on me, actually, back in the original days of the Adult Swim ratings report, which was more than just a Toonami thread back then!

It should have "un-rubbed," then, as you can see the man Sketch has since become.