UnevenEdge

Going to job interviews while already employed

Blink89

It isn't uncommon for people to move from one job to another, so don't feel bad about it. If you are moving to build your marketable skill-set, to increase your pay, or because it is something closer to what you want to do with your life, then you aren't doing anything wrong. Remember to be professional and to ask for an exit interview, be honest and respectful to your soon to be previous employer, and be sure to keep in touch with your current fellow employees who you like. Linkedin is really good for this kind of professional network building, and if you can arrange it, a once a month lunch meeting with some of your office friends would be a good thing. If possible, try not to leave in the middle of a large project, and be sure to leave all the relevant data on your current work in and organized manner clearly labeled.

Good luck with the interview.  :)

This is also true

but i love the people I work with, but i cant stay here just because of that

I've been in this situation before, but there comes a point where the Exit looks too attractive to pass up....from the little you've said about your job, I assume the Exit is looking pretty damn good right about now... ;D

fuuuuuck eeeeem! you got to do whats best for you and your circumstances.

i only feel bad for some of my coworkers who will bear the bulk of my work load if i am able to find something else. currently, the only other people qualified to take on my job are already in the same position over other departments. so i suppose its good for my employer that there really aren't many options in my area for decent jobs with better pay and similar benefits, which makes it highly competitive.

fuuuuuck eeeeem! you got to do whats best for you and your circumstances.

i only feel bad for some of my coworkers who will bear the bulk of my work load if i am able to find something else. currently, the only other people qualified to take on my job are already in the same position over other departments. so i suppose its good for my employer that there really aren't many options in my area for decent jobs with better pay and similar benefits, which makes it highly competitive.

ngGlCIA.png