UnevenEdge

Dragonball Super english dub clip relesed

mochi

Butchered?

I dunno if you havent seen Super, but it's extremely watered down content-wise from DB, DBZ, and GT. There's no blood to speak of and no sexual humor whatsoever. It's like Toei made it with America in-mind.

Unless the uncut dub includes pointless swearing this cam easily air unedited on a kids network.

Butchered?

I dunno if you havent seen Super, but it's extremely watered down content-wise from DB, DBZ, and GT. There's no blood to speak of and no sexual humor whatsoever. It's like Toei made it with America in-mind.

Unless the uncut dub includes pointless swearing this cam easily air unedited on a kids network.

there have been one or two adult jokes but they're very subdued

the only two I can name off the top of my head are the scene where Goku attempts to shake hands with an octopus alien and the alien hesitantly informs goku "you just shook hands with my penis", and the scene where Goku barges in on a naked Bulma and when she calls him a pervert he says she's got an old Saggy body and he isn't attracted to her (angering vegeta for...a lot of reasons)

It's Dragonball.

The show could be about Goku taking a massive diareeha dump every episode, people will eat it up (eww).

Believe me, they're not gonna complain about the movie re-adaptations nor the numerous QUALITY episodes.

Honestly, I want DBS because we need it to sustain Toonami from sinking (because obviously Toonami needs it since the damn casuals don't want to watch anything other than Dragonball) but as for the show itself.... it's really mediocre and honestly completely pointless.

Toonami's not so much about what the viewing audience wants as it is about what Demarco wants, at least part of the time. Why else would we be getting Gundam Unicorn when IBO hasn't been doing all that hot?

I'm pretty certain Demarco will pick Kai Buu over Super for no other reason than it only makes sense. That and Super's probably being shopped around to kids stations first.

Well that was underwhelming as shit.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like Dragon Ball Z to me if it doesn't have mid 90s animation.  I know this show is gonna come to Toonami, and while I know that it will get amazing ratings for the block, I still dread it.

animation wise it's less of a disaster than Seasons 1 and 2 of Sailor Moon Crystal......but not by much

and if you're a fan of Vegeta don't watch it AT ALL until the

Black Goku arc

, and stop watching it after said Arc concludes

Crystal season 3 improved greatly on all levels (with the exception that some of the scenes are a touch less compelling than the 90's version simply by virtue of trying (a bit to hard) to follow the Manga exactly and not being as creative as Kunihiko Ikuhara's scenes from the 90's anime)

Well that was underwhelming as shit.

I'm sorry, but it doesn't look like Dragon Ball Z to me if it doesn't have mid 90s animation.  I know this show is gonna come to Toonami, and while I know that it will get amazing ratings for the block, I still dread it.

I might end up watching it twice.

Once as broadcasted and another manually color-corrected with added screen-jitter to look cel-shaded / shot on film.

I feel kinda the same way, the voice acting sounds the exact same which is perfect but the animation is really jarring after watching so much of Kai. I knew that it definitely wasn't anything great but I didn't expect it to look so soulless. It felt like the typical feeling of seeing a classic animated show in a new digital style, like going from a Golden Age Season ep of The Simpsons to one from the current season. Not being that 90s anime guy at all but the decline is quite noticeable.

The Recent One Piece movies starting from Strong World are amazing in that regard and that one ep of Super looked movie-quality as well. Don't forget Precure in the few things Toei puts effort into, only this studio would allow a magical girl show to have better DBZ-style fights than their actual DB show.

Yeah, I'm failing to see the problem, as well. Those two clips look just fine.

I've seen when Super gets ugly, but just the same, I've seen when Dragonball, DBZ and DBGT get ugly as well. This isn't exclusive to Super.

Me thinks nostalgia is clouding judgements again. That, or we have old 90's grainy footage-fanboys up in this place, yo.

Acknowledged as "Mr. Satan." Toonami confirmed.

probably (not necessarily though, Funi did call him Hercule in the Nicktoons airing so they could still do an edit if a kids network pays them to)

edit: Mr. Satan's Skin is darker than it was in Z in that clip....he's closer to his Manga coloration (where his skin was brown), just thought that was interesting

Yeah, I'm failing to see the problem, as well. Those two clips look just fine.

I've seen when Super gets ugly, but just the same, I've seen when Dragonball, DBZ and DBGT get ugly as well. This isn't exclusive to Super.

Me thinks nostalgia is clouding judgements again. That, or we have old 90's grainy footage-fanboys up in this place, yo.

to be fair a lot of the shitty animation was fixed following fan complaints (accompanied by Toei whining that they shouldn't be held accountable for terrible animation that they made) so the version Funi got probably looks much better than the original TV airings did (much like Sailor Moon Crystal)

to be fair a lot of the shitty animation was fixed following fan complaints (accompanied by Toei whining that they shouldn't be held accountable for terrible animation that they made) so the version Funi got probably looks much better than the original TV airings did (much like Sailor Moon Crystal)

Actually, this has become the new thing with anime.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/81237/anime-tv-blu-ray

I bet you anything some station nabs Super before Toonami gets to it, or it's too expensive for Toonami to air.

I can see this happening.  Funimation has a good working relationship with Toonami but not the extent that they'll be willing to just give them Super.

Of course I'd be happy if Super never came to Toonami at all, but that's just me.

I say we might as well start playing "Guess The Ratings" for January 7th.

I'll be optimistic: 2 mil for Super.

If it airs on Toonami it's possible but very unlikely to hit that threshold right out of the park even with initial curiosity. The first couple of episodes are a little cute, kinda boring and very childish. About the same as Bleach filler but a bit more charming. With Adult Swim's ratings being down across the board lately I have serious doubts that Family Guy will regularly break 2 million viewers again.

Maybe just maybe Super can actually beat the Family Guy episode that would air directly before it on the first week due to hype or some time after when the action kicks up.

Its honestly very difficult to gauge how well DBZ Kai Buu saga or Super would do for Toonami other than better than Kai's average this year.

DBZ Kai's 18-49 went from 802,000 down to 763,000 down to 700,000 and now 692,000 this month. Each week worse than the last. It's best in October was 851,000 but most of the other weeks it was below 800,000. So I honestly am not sure if Super could even regularly crack 900,000 18-49 but those would be super ratings for Adult Swim regardless.

Actually, this has become the new thing with anime.

http://www.dorkly.com/post/81237/anime-tv-blu-ray

okay, the only two of those that really made me laugh was the show that was actually COMPLETELTY reanimated in an entirely different art Medium xD, and the fanservice show that was MORE CENSORED in the Blu-Ray than it was on TV

and actually TV anime looking shittier than their home video relese has been a thing since at least 2000 and only with some companies, not all companies think relesing a shitty product will improve DVD sales (and based on Toei's experience with that tactic they may stop doing it since SM Crystal season 1 and 2 were so maligned that they hired on more animators and redesigned everything for season 3)

edit: they should remaster RWBY the same way they did that one CGI show.........RWBY is hideous to me

Super is pretty much almost exactly like that rating all throughout.

Toei made it as bloodless as possible. It's kinda funny, because it airs right before One Piece (in japan) which still contains blood.

they probably did that for the same reason Pokemon stopped making refferences to the show being set in Japan, because they're pre-americanizing the show for overseas markets and were expecting the show to air on a Kid's network

that said don't worry Funimation will make the Characters yell "shit" every 3 minuets thus enabling it to air on Toonami, they always do

If it airs on Toonami it's possible but very unlikely to hit that threshold right out of the park even with initial curiosity. The first couple of episodes are a little cute, kinda boring and very childish. About the same as Bleach filler but a bit more charming. With Adult Swim's ratings being down across the board lately I have serious doubts that Family Guy will regularly break 2 million viewers again.

At this point, I think 1.5 million is the new high water mark... maybe a few hundred thousand better, I don't know.

Do expect it to be on Toonami, no doubt this is where it seems to have the better viewership and no Edits and Cuts too.

as previously stated Suoer is actually completely devoid of anything that would require visual editing, the only questionable content is a few sexual jokes

Funimation will most likely fifteen the hell out of it to up it's rating because if left True to source the show will have a Pg raiting

Why do you just assume that FUNi will fifteen the dub for DB Super when they haven't done anything of the sort for the rest of their DBZ properties?

, they have....just not to the same extent that they fifteened Crayon Shin-Chan or Sgt. Frog

just to elaborate how child-safe DB super is........there's a scene where Master Roshi see's pretty girls....but instead of the expected Blood, Steam shoots out of his nose, there's LITERALLY no Blood in DBS

, they have....just not to the same extent that they fifteened Crayon Shin-Chan or Sgt. Frog

just to elaborate how child-safe DB super is........there's a scene where Master Roshi see's pretty girls....but instead of the expected Blood, Steam shoots out of his nose, there's LITERALLY no Blood in DBS

There are scenes of blood in the most recent episodes.

FUNimation did add swearing in the  uncut dub of DBZ and Kai. They somewhat eased back on that later in Kai's uncut dub but early on there was a bit and even an S-bomb IIRC.

Granted there are lots of ways to translate Japanese "swears" and they don't have to be as crass as the harsher known American curse words though so an s-bomb in particular is out of place in DBZ but at least they don't drop f-bombs like some fansubbers liked to do.

I expect the uncut Super dub to be along the lines of Kai and relatively light on cursing but they are also producing a censored dub in case a children's network picks it up. Sabat confirmed that on Twitter recently. Mr. Satan would be Hercule, all mentions of God and death would be censored as well. You know just like the Y7-FV Kai dubs.

As for violence. I have not seen Super beyond the first episode. I'm told there is an instance of stabbing but other than that it's not very violent. So it shouldn't need many visual edits for violence.

I've heard something about Goku catching Bulma in the bath or taking a shower or something but that's easy enough to cut I would imagine. There's really no reason content wise it's too much for children's television.

FUNimation did add swearing in the  uncut dub of DBZ and Kai. They somewhat eased back on that later in Kai's uncut dub but early on there was a bit and even an S-bomb IIRC.

Granted there are lots of ways to translate Japanese "swears" and they don't have to be as crass as the harsher known American curse words though so an s-bomb in particular is out of place in DBZ but at least they don't drop f-bombs like some fansubbers liked to do.

I expect the uncut Super dub to be along the lines of Kai and relatively light on cursing but they are also producing a censored dub in case a children's network picks it up. Sabat confirmed that on Twitter recently. Mr. Satan would be Hercule, all mentions of God and death would be censored as well. You know just like the Y7-FV Kai dubs.

As for violence. I have not seen Super beyond the first episode. I'm told there is an instance of stabbing but other than that it's not very violent. So it shouldn't need many visual edits for violence.

I've heard something about Goku catching Bulma in the bath or taking a shower or something but that's easy enough to cut I would imagine. There's really no reason content wise it's too much for children's television.

the fact that they're pre-preparing a Y7 edit tells me they already have Kids networks interested....so it may air on both Toonami and a kids network (like Kai did before Nicktoons dropped it)

Sorry, I really don't want DB Super to come to Toonami, well not yet anyway. I'd rather us get the Buu saga of DBZ Kai, THEN DB Super.

One thing's for sure: if DBZ Kai Final Chapters (Buu saga) IS coming to Toonami, we SHOULD know about it today. Currently the Midnight timeslot on 1/7/17 is vacant, and that's only a month away!

Does that mean we WILL know about the midnight show today? Probably not. I'm HOPING they'll mention it during Pre-Flight. Not airing promos for it during the 12/17 lineup would be incredibly stupid, but yes, I realize they've ALSO gotta air promos for the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and DBZ Kai marathons!

Sorry, I really don't want DB Super to come to Toonami, well not yet anyway. I'd rather us get the Buu saga of DBZ Kai, THEN DB Super.

One thing's for sure: if DBZ Kai Final Chapters (Buu saga) IS coming to Toonami, we SHOULD know about it today. Currently the Midnight timeslot on 1/7/17 is vacant, and that's only a month away!

Does that mean we WILL know about the midnight show today? Probably not. I'm HOPING they'll mention it during Pre-Flight. Not airing promos for it during the 12/17 lineup would be incredibly stupid, but yes, I realize they've ALSO gotta air promos for the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and DBZ Kai marathons!

considering Funi and Toei are still denying that a dub of the Buu Saga was produced, I wouldn't hold my breath

Notice I said "Midnight Show", not necessarily "DBZ Kai Buu Saga" in that last sentence.

We knew about Attack on Titan coming at 11:30 PM on 5/3/14 from the 4/12/14 Toonami block, which was 3 weeks earlier, and it premiered just fine. I would say this midnight show is just as great in magnitude if not even bigger!

It would be great if they could announce it this Friday on Pre-Flight, but if that's not possible, I suppose next Friday will do!

Also, with the 8 PM hour returned to Adult Swim, it's possible Toonami will regain the 11:30 timeslot on 1/7/17. Now we learned in the summer that shifting the timeslots is straight-up DUMB, so adding a new timeslot at the top would OBVIOUSLY be preferred. Hell, I can even think of a scenario where all THREE of the shows that were mentioned on that Twitter poll last week get added to Toonami (and yes, we also say "bye-bye" to DBZ Kai)...

AND HELLO TO DB SUPER!!!

I'm still calling Mob Psycho 100 for the midnight timeslot, maybe followed by Lupin III Part 4 or Jack. Jack could also be an 11 PM show though!

I'd like to know if they just got inked the contract for this recently if it's been bubbling for a long time. You know they wouldn't have said Gundam Unicorn would air at 1:00A if they were negotiating Super for 11:30. So there may very well be another show coming.

Just posted on FB, DB Super joins Gundam Unicorn on Jan. 7th

*edit- course this has been posted already, lol

it's also been posted on tumblr

also we're ALSO getting the Buu Sagatumblr_ohtwqlvNoy1rvb8cmo1_540.jpg

so two of Toonami's shows are gonna be Dragonball