Craft Beer

supremepie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid right now.

I was avoiding this beer for a while because I found the original Lagunitas IPA very underwhelming but it's actually pretty good.

Excellent hop/malt balance, the hops are very strong but manage not to overpower the malt and grain flavors.

Hopes are nice and resinous. More of a piney/grassy aroma but it's also got a nice citrus twang to it.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo and Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin are my favorite IPAs, but this will do nicely.

• 1 month later...

i just moved a deschutes black butte xxix birthday reserve up to the fridge for tonight. it joins some other 6-packs of deschutes hopzeit, odell's rupture, fat tire, a mix-6 from cathedral square, and a 6-pack of homebrew brown ale. wife is taking a ladies night, so dad's gonna put the kiddos to bed a little early and drink one of each of those beers on the front porch in complete silense. :smileyzen:

i'm into black ipa's right now, but i'm all out until the truck comes back around next week. 21st amendment makes a decent one in a can called "back in black" and i had about a case up at the bar until i recommended it to a buddy of mine. he drank a few at the bar and took 12 home with him. we also brewed a pretty good black ipa last winter. i'm tempted to re-order the kit and make it again so i can take some up to family xmas @ thanksgiving.