UnevenEdge

For FB users...

tsar4

Probably but I'm way too opinionated for that to seriously effect me. I regularly tell entire groups of people they are all wrong about something and that I'm smarter than them, often while very very drunk.

I use to style myself as a moderate, then I realized I don't have moderate views, I have very extreme views that intersect several points along a 4 axis ideological spectrum, but a scatter-plot would probably average me out as a leftist.

It's actually kind of difficult to be neutral.

I remember posting a science article that touched on global warming and a conservative acquaintance just totally going off on it in my feed for the first time and it just completely caught me off guard.

but I try to just post what I think on FB.  And that gets me in trouble with both sides sometimes.  It's like people don't want to think or discuss anything, they just want to dig further and further into their own little private bunkers and only want "likes" and agreement.  A lot of times, even if you kind of agree, but have any little deviation - you're a complete monster.  They just go completely off on what a nazi you are or what a libtard you are.  both of which I think are sort of anti-intellectual, anti-thought, pro-delusional bullshit type points of view.

I think the further people withdraw from perceived pain, the more acutely they seem to train themselves to feel pain, such that - any tiny little comment can cause the same amount of defensiveness as a death threat.

It's actually kind of difficult to be neutral.

I remember posting a science article that touched on global warming and a conservative acquaintance just totally going off on it in my feed for the first time and it just completely caught me off guard.

but I try to just post what I think on FB.  And that gets me in trouble with both sides sometimes.  It's like people don't want to think or discuss anything, they just want to dig further and further into their own little private bunkers and only want "likes" and agreement.  A lot of times, even if you kind of agree, but have any little deviation - you're a complete monster.  They just go completely off on what a nazi you are or what a libtard you are.  both of which I think are sort of anti-intellectual, anti-thought, pro-delusional bullshit type points of view.

I think the further people withdraw from perceived pain, the more acutely they seem to train themselves to feel pain, such that - any tiny little comment can cause the same amount of defensiveness as a death threat.

Exactly this. Which sucks because then people like me or possibly Tsar cna't even share our opinions, no matter how big or small, because we don't want to deal with the drama that is about to ensue.

Some people even revert to stobbornly believing or calling someone something they aren't just because of one sarcastic comment they made... When people are too involved, they can't read sarcasm even if both parties are for the same beliefs. And I am one sarcastic ass.

Oh cool, and app that lets unabashed bigots find solace in being shitty based on the things their *ahem* "friends" like on FB.

It's basically the electronic way of saying "I'm not ___________ I have __________ friends". 

Don't have time to fumble through words, anecdotal evidence or look for loopholes that make you look tolerant.........Try Politecho.