UnevenEdge

Pokémon Go

1pooh4u

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, blueraven1999 said:

Nice Shiny.  The last Stantler I caught was from a raid last week so I just have the non shiny version of that. 

I don't remember the last time I saw a shiny.  It's been several months.

This is the only shiny I got from all the events we have had recently, but tbf I haven’t been playing that much. 

24 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

This is actually more accurate 😆

That's pretty accurate for me too.  Although back when it was warmer, it had still been a long time since I caught a shiny.

Edit:  Only caught two shinies in June and that's all I have.  I'm just surprised that I haven't found a shiny in the mall yet. 

I usually go to the mall once a week to walk and I've had no luck. 

Edited by blueraven1999
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, what’s the deal with trade evolution?  In Let’s Go I did trading  with someone so they could evolve haunter, machoke, etc, however in that game I was able to trade it back. Will we be able to do that in Go?  Or will we have to trade a haunter for haunter to get your candyfree Gengar?  Another thing, will those Pokémon do an IV reroll 

I know these are dumb ass questions but the way trading is now I don’t see the benefit of the trade evolution. Why would I trade a perfect IV haunter if I can’t get it back or if the IVs turn to crap

Edited by 1pooh4u

My guess is it's a cheap alternative to candy evolution as a callback to the original games that people won't use when they have a high stat dude. I didn't get the vibe that they were replacing candy evolution with the callback mechanic.

That being said, the two gen five Pokemon mentioned in the announcement only evolve when traded with each other (the one Pokemon steals the other's shell), so not sure whether they'd require that one to be trade only.

• Like 1

When you beat the rocket leaders it was recently brought to attention you can run from the encounter and come back an hour later for it to reset, so you can keep trying for shiny and/or better IVs throughout the day

This was like the 5th or 6th check on this Absol today, my first shiny shadow

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yea picking a team is combination of trying to cover your own weaknesses and praying for a favorable matchup, but pvp also demands a lot of dust since a big part of it is having two charge moves on your pokemon to give yourself coverage

Then there's shield use, stacking charge moves, timing your switches and all that more complicated jazz

• Like 1

I finally found Giovanni last night, beat him, and when it went to the daily catch screen I got the "your inventory is full" message and kicked me out. By that point I was ten minutes of walking since that stop so rip raiku.

At least catching the Pokemon wasn't part of the quest.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...