UnevenEdge

Personal Anime Collection Thread

BUU8800

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So do you have to play that on your computer or do you have a region free player or what?  Gods, it looks gorgeous.  Does Viz really think they couldn't have sold a ton of sets like that if they'd put it out that way, instead of the space-hogging, piecemeal format they chose?  :sigh:

So I went ahead and splurged for the Magi boxes AND Blue Exorcist.  ::shakes fist at AoA::  They should arrive in a week or so.  Also finally picked up the first season of Free! BD.  Already had the second season.

And they showed up today!  The packaging is a tad flimsy, but not as bad as I'd feared.  Weirdly, they come in slightly oversized polyethelene bags taped closed rather than shrink-wrap.  Not that that matters, I've just never seen that before.

I feel your pain (see previous post).  Fortunately, I'm satisfied with the Utena dvds I have.  My gods, my Pile of Shame is getting ridiculously huge.  I have over 30 buys that are still in the shrink-wrap.  smh.  I guess just having them is like comfort food or a security blanket, even if I haven't had time to watch them.  No one can take them away from me.

I feel your pain (see previous post).  Fortunately, I'm satisfied with the Utena dvds I have.  My gods, my Pile of Shame is getting ridiculously huge.  I have over 30 buys that are still in the shrink-wrap.  smh.  I guess just having them is like comfort food or a security blanket, even if I haven't had time to watch them.  No one can take them away from me.

I'll open some things as I get them, but I do not watch as much as I've bought, and it feels bad to neglect those poor discs.

• 2 weeks later...

So do you have to play that on your computer or do you have a region free player or what?  Gods, it looks gorgeous.  Does Viz really think they couldn't have sold a ton of sets like that if they'd put it out that way, instead of the space-hogging, piecemeal format they chose?  :sigh:

I have a region free DVD player with a 1080p up converting feature that I use for it. So I can not only watch it, but watch it without any black bars on either side of my flatscreen tv 

I ordered the player around the time I ordered my Australian Monster DVD set 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So Right Stuf is doing its first ever Kickstarter I believe to fund dubbing Aria for a new blu-ray release, which I still haven't gotten around to finish watching btw, sigh. Anyway, they hit the stretch goal for season 3 and the OVAs just the other day, so I just killed my wallet going in for the whole thing. Wallet:  ::D:: "Oww, mercy please, have mercy on me!"

:( Sorry.... I didn't want to do it, but I've just come to the conclusion that I have no control over myself when it comes to stuff like this.

So Right Stuf is doing its first ever Kickstarter I believe to fund dubbing Aria for a new blu-ray release, which I still haven't gotten around to finish watching btw, sigh. Anyway, they hit the stretch goal for season 3 and the OVAs just the other day, so I just killed my wallet going in for the whole thing. Wallet:  ::D:: "Oww, mercy please, have mercy on me!"

:( Sorry.... I didn't want to do it, but I've just come to the conclusion that I have no control over myself when it comes to stuff like this.

Ah, they added the Triple Plus tiers, and I kinda want that coffee table book. So pricey, but gonna be worth it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just bought Darker than Black season 1. I've wanted to have this for years, but was always too broke to shell out a 100 bucks on it. It didn't bother me too much at the time that I missed out on buying it at a reasonable price because I had just gotten Baccano before that one went oop. After this, I'll only need Shonen Onmyouji and Paranoia Agent to complete my oop buys, and I can enter nerd contentment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Holiday haul time!  For a while it was looking like I might not get much of anything this year.  Lord knows I haven't watched much anime outside of Toonami all year long, so I'm starting to wonder why I even bother, but of course I wound up caving and grabbing a few things: Batman & Harley Quinn, Clannad & Clannad After Story, Familiar of Zero season 4, Justice League Dark, K Missing Kings, Knights of Sidonia season 1 LE, Log Horizon season 1 part 1 & season 2 parts 1 & 2, Noragami Aragoto LE, Psycho Pass season 2 premium, RWBY 4, Sailor Moon S part 2, Tokyo ESP LE, and Your Name LE

Yeah, just a few. ::scoffs:: Hey, at least I resisted the temptation to spend on any of the Aniplex titles I want. Helps that they never really go on sale I suppose though. :(

Edited by Dark_Cloud_Overhead
  • Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 10:12 PM, AnimationFan14 said:

Just arrived in the mail today, straight from Australia

Naoki-Urasawas-Monster-Cover-Art-001.jpg

monster_box_small.jpg

s-l298.jpg

I HAVE ENVY.

I watched this on Netflix way back when they had it available.  Told myself I was gonna watch the first two episodes and go to bed.  6 hours later I finally went to bed, then looked at the series as a whole and started scheduling my time around how many episodes I could watch before work and after work.  Fortunately I got to finish the series, but the ending hit me so hard that I wanted to watch it again.  Then Netflix lost it and no one has the U.S. publishing rights.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2017 at 10:08 PM, Gina Szanboti said:

Does anyone know when the last day of tsri's 30 Days of Christmas is?  I need to get to ordering, but I keep thinking they'll throw up a Mega Deal I want at the last minute or something.

Email I got yesterday said there's only 2 days left, so either Christmas day or the day after is the final day then. If you want to play it safe, I would order what you want today if you have the chance.

I think I only spent about $50 at Right Stuf this year; most of what I spent went elsewhere for once. Sentai shop for example just cut prices on a bunch of their premium box sets and just caused me to blow $210 there just now. Jeez, I shouldn't even be up right now, but the family get together got postponed due to someone getting sick, so I wound up staying up late watching some movies cuz I can afford to sleep-in tomorrow now.

New on order: Akame ga Kill premium sets 1 & 2, Amagi Brilliant Park premium, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? premium, Love Chunibyo and Other Delusions Hearthrob premium, and School-Live premium

• Like 1

Well, I just bought everything in the store.  Cashed in a gift certificate and still spent a ton.  And I didn't even pre-order YOI yet, in case a mega-deal shows up tomorrow. :)

Picked up both Yona of the Dawn sets, Ergo Proxy, Nichibros, Casshern Sins, BBB (I really would've rather had the CE, because I really hate the cover pic on the std box, but couldn't justify an extra $15 for a pretty box and some cards I'll never look at), Ajin, Barakamon, Handa-kun, Haikyuu!!! 2 and Joker Game.  >.<"

I just hope the PO doesn't lose the whole shipment like they did the last time I ordered a mass quantity. :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Wow, no ones posted in here since Christmas? I guess that's not too surprising, as I only really buy stuff myself anymore like once or twice a year now, too. Some decent Memorial Day weekend sales though, so I went a lil' crazy.

New on order: Assassination Classroom season 1 part 2, Big Windup! season 2, Brighter Than the Dawning Blue, Di GI Charat Winter Garden, Familiar of Zero blu-ray collections 2 & 3, Food Wars season 1 & 2 premium editions, Hatsukoi Limited, Infinite Stratos season 2, Knights of Sidonia season 2 collector's edition, Pita-Ten, Rage of Bahamut Genesis LE, Squid Girl LE, Tamayura ~Hitotose~, Tegami Bachi Letter Bee season 1 part 2 & season 2 parts 1 & 2, A Town Where You Live blu-ray, Umi Monogatari, and The World God Only Knows season 3 and OVA blu-rays

I still buy stuff dark cloud, just very slowly. I was planning on posting around the end of the year  when it was more than like 2 things but oh well. I got the Academia Season 2 Part 1 LE a month or so back. Definitely glad I didn't wait on that too as it's already sold out on rightstuf literally under 2 months after coming out, which is insane. By contrast I waited....and waited....and waited to pull the trigger on the Netoge LE and was rewarded by getting it on sale from rightstuf for just 39 bucks a few weeks back. I THINK those are my only two new acquisitions since my last post, but I dunno. 

1 hour ago, BUU8800 said:

I still buy stuff dark cloud, just very slowly. I was planning on posting around the end of the year  when it was more than like 2 things but oh well. I got the Academia Season 2 Part 1 LE a month or so back. Definitely glad I didn't wait on that too as it's already sold out on rightstuf literally under 2 months after coming out, which is insane.

Yeah, I saw that was going OOP and was just waiting for a coupon code. They send them out through email or regular mail it seems often enough, but they delisted it at Right Stuf like a day or two before I got one wouldn't you know. Guess now I have to wait and hope one goes up for sale somewhere later on for a decent price. If not I suppose I'll eventually cave and just get the regular edition at some point.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2018 at 11:20 AM, SorceressPol said:

Gonna pull the trigger later today on Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East season 1 and 2 and Space Brothers dvd 2

I was good and only bought Hakkenden. Too many bills to take care of at the beginning of June to be stuffing my cart for free shipping. Next time I have money, I'm buying Space Brothers 2-8 dvds to make me feel better. Sentai having another great sale at that time would be nice. Seriously, why does Rightstuf and Sentai know when I'm broke and have awesome sales? At least I have decent meat in the freezer, or I'd be eating nothing but rice and ramen this week.

8 hours ago, Gina Szanboti said:

If I'd known you were in the market, I'd have sold you mine. :)

I picked up the first set a few years ago as part of a bunch of stuff that I nabbed from Fry's when they had one of their once in a blue moon anime sales. Sentai announced last year that they're phasing out DVDs so I figured it was just a matter of time before they cut the prices on them lower. I was gonna get them last Black Friday, but I waitied too long, but it worked out in my favor cuz they cut them even cheaper now.

• 3 weeks later...

My copy of the Academia Season 2 Part 2 LE I ordered on my birthday came in a couple days ago. Barring an LE release for something I really want getting announced in the early Fall that will very likely be my last anime purchase until around Christmas, if not later.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 8:41 PM, BUU8800 said:

Barring an LE release for something I really want getting announced in the early Fall that will very likely be my last anime purchase until around Christmas, if not later.

Aaand turns out it wasn't. Which admittedly surprised even me. But yeah, Kobayashi's Dragon Maid was on sale at Best Buy so I picked it up spur of the moment today. Seeing as I ranked it my favorite anime of 2017 it was pretty much a no brainer. I noticed the Studio Ghibli Blu-Ray + DVD GKids Combo releases were also on sale for pretty damn cheap so I picked up my first 2 ever Ghibli films. I had several to choose from, but ultimately went with My Neighbor Totoro and Howl's Moving Castle. So yeah....that was nice, but now I really, really gotta assume that'll be all from me until the year's end. xD 

• 4 months later...

Tis the season... to resurrect this thread... and of course to kiss a bunch of money goodbye. Bye bye money. Mjs9xm4.gif ~waves~ Sentai shop has already got an epic sale going with almost their entire catalogue at close to 90% off, so yeah... I went pretty nuts and ordered about $300 worth of stuff. I'm probably gonna get carpal tunnel just from typing this all, but new on order:

Campione, Cobra the Animation, Cross Ange complete, Dog & Scissors, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia, Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya seasons 1 - 3, Fate/stay night Unlimed Blade Works movie, Gatchaman Crowds seasons 1 & 2, Girls und Panzer movie & This is the Real Anzio Battle, Grimoire of Zero LE, I Couldn't Become a Hero yadda yadda..., Intrigue in the Bakumatsu collection 2, Is It Wrong to Expect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon?, Kokoro Connect OVA, Maoyu, Mayo Chiki, MM!, Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse collections 1 & 2, Penguindrum collection 2, Say "I Love You", Sword Oratoria Is It Wrong... LE, Utawarerumono OVA & False Faces, and Watamote

On 11/20/2018 at 6:18 AM, SorceressPol said:

Odds are high of me getting Space Brothers 1-8 blu rays from Sentai, but I'm on the fence about Chihayafuru's or Tanaka-kun is Always Listless premium boxes. 

Woohoo. I got all of Space Brothers and Chihayafuru Season 1 premium box set. Thank goodness for Thanksgiving leftovers or this would be a ramen week.

About the only thing I want right now is season 2 of Ajin.  I could pad it with Log Horizon complete (even though it's not), but still can't hit the fine print $75 for free shipping.  I'm thinking rightstuf might put it up for a similar price during their Days of Christmas sales and I'll have more things there to choose to hit their $50 min.  But if they don't, then I've missed a super great price, even with $8 (!) shipping.  But if I do buy it from Sentai, then I might have to find something else to pad a rightstuf order.  Arghhh!  When does Sentai's sale end?  I couldn't find it anywhere (their site is terrible, but at least they put things in alphabetical order).

4 hours ago, SorceressPol said:

Woohoo. I got all of Space Brothers and Chihayafuru Season 1 premium box set. Thank goodness for Thanksgiving leftovers or this would be a ramen week.

Ha ha, yeah my fridge is packed to the point of exploding... kinda like my stomach right now. Ohhh. :S My bank account unfortunately, not so much. I'm actually glad I haven't seen much of any other really tempting deals at places like Amazon or Right Stuf yet so far. Still got Cyber Monday to go though. :/

4 minutes ago, Gina Szanboti said:

When does Sentai's sale end?  I couldn't find it anywhere (their site is terrible, but at least they put things in alphabetical order).

Guy on DVD Talk posted that it's supposed to run through the 25th, Sunday. I seem to remember them doing another Cyber Monday sale right afterwards last year though, and a holiday season sale following that, but I believe the prices changed and weren't as good for those.

Yeah, only thing I would caution you about is that if you're looking at getting exclusively the premium edition for it, is that it says it's low stock. Regular edition price is actually higher right now, so if you're fine with that it'll probably be that price or better at some point in the future again. Low stock though anyway doesn't mean it'll necessarily sell out any time soon, as I've seen stuff on their site that's been marked "low stock" for over a year and still is available.

It is cheaper. oO  I wonder why?  Anyway, I got the regular edition for the first season, so I'll stick with that for appearances' sake.  :)  Had I not already bought the first season, I probably would've picked up both premium sets at those prices.  Not sure why the first season premium set is so much more expensive than the second.  There's a poster and manga in the first, but that's not enough to justify $50 more retail price.