UnevenEdge

$8 an hour job update

NaBarney

Today was day two of produce department. I was putting out fresh tomatoes that had come in that day. Earlier I also put out these same fresh tomatoes. All the tomatoes were fine. A supervisor came over and told me to always cull out bad ones when stocking. I was like I know and I do, but all these tomatoes are fresh and fine. He then smiled and loomed closer to me and said in a conspiratorial way that I should always cull some even if they're all fine because it makes the customers who see me doing it think our food is fresher.

I was instructed to throw away good food to trick customers into thinking the food left on the shelf is good, which it is anyway.

Today was day two of produce department. I was putting out fresh tomatoes that had come in that day. Earlier I also put out these same fresh tomatoes. All the tomatoes were fine. A supervisor came over and told me to always cull out bad ones when stocking. I was like I know and I do, but all these tomatoes are fresh and fine. He then smiled and loomed closer to me and said in a conspiratorial way that I should always cull some even if they're all fine because it makes the customers who see me doing it think our food is fresher.

I was instructed to throw away good food to trick customers into thinking the food left on the shelf is good, which it is anyway.

You work at a shittu grocery store.

Holy shit! Do you work for Kroger, too?

You work at a shittu grocery store.

Holy shit! Do you work for Kroger, too?

Listen you piece of shit, I'm being completely serious when I say this to you.

The only reason I haven't named where I work before now is because of the deep shame and embarrassment involved in knowing you work there too, that in at least one way I'm on your level.

Today was my last day though, I'm cashing out.

No more single digit dollars per hour, and no more stepping into that piss hole for anything other than groceries.

Enjoy your 10% discount off Psst! brand frozen nuggets, though.

I'm sure that "perk" will keep your wife from realizing her mistake for an extra few months.

Listen you piece of shit, I'm being completely serious when I say this to you.

The only reason I haven't named where I work before now is because of the deep shame and embarrassment involved in knowing you work there too, that in at least one way I'm on your level.

Today was my last day though, I'm cashing out.

No more single digit dollars per hour, and no more stepping into that piss hole for anything other than groceries.

Enjoy your 10% discount off Psst! brand frozen nuggets, though.

I'm sure that "perk" will keep your wife from realizing her mistake for an extra few months.

I was gonna say I was joking about your working for Kroger because I didn't care. I just threw it out there because I wasn't being serious. But you know what? Fuck you. I hope you get evicted from your sorry ass menstrual blood-covered apartment. Because you are a fucking asshole. There were times when I was nice to you and you still treated me like I was "beneath you". Speaking of, your being on my level is hilarious! I've never cooked a mouse in my oven. I've never driven around with dirty clothes in my car with the windows rolled down for five days until they "smelled fresh". I've never drawn anything on my apartment walls using some girl's menstrual blood. (I mean seriously, dude. What the fuck?) Yet you think you're above me? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Oh, and one more thing: I'm about to graduate college and get a job working at a TV station! But hey, keep being "above me" even though I'm light years ahead of where you should probably be, you lazy asshole.

In my drunken state, I would have probably caused a scene and said, "So you're telling me to cull out perfectly good tomatoes just to make it look like I'm busy in front of customers and trick them into thinking that everything we put out is 100% fresh off the farm huh? What do you think people are stupid?! You think our customers are idiots who can be manipulated by some micromanaging dimwit?! HEY, LISTEN UP KROGER'S PRODUCE CUSTOMERS!!! THIS MANAGER HERE THINKS YOU'RE ALL STUPID ENOUGH TO... etc etc etc" <3

In my drunken state, I would have probably caused a scene and said, "So you're telling me to cull out perfectly good tomatoes just to make it look like I'm busy in front of customers and trick them into thinking that everything we put out is 100% fresh off the farm huh? What do you think people are stupid?! You think our customers are idiots who can be manipulated by some micromanaging dimwit?! HEY, LISTEN UP KROGER'S PRODUCE CUSTOMERS!!! THIS MANAGER HERE THINKS YOU'RE ALL STUPID ENOUGH TO... etc etc etc" <3

<3

The funniest part is after this a customer and cashier brought to my attention that all, all of the bags of mandarin oranges were really old and moldy.

I guess the customer was buying one and the cashier noticed the green oranges in the bag and tried to exchange it for a good one, only to realize they were all really old and nasty.

A whole island display for them and none of them were good.

So the dude could have been checking for actual bad items that need to be thrown away, but decided to bother me about miming it instead.

Fuck you for working at the same bottom rung job as me and in doing so making me feel even worse about this dark period in my life than I already do

Luckily for me, I'm literally a few months away from moving on to bigger and better things. Hell, I could probably apply tomorrow to a TV station and get hired on next week!

What's terribly sad about this whole situation is even though you constantly treat me like shit, I would still have sympathy for you because of what you're going through. I really would because a real man loves his enemies and prays for them to see the error of their ways and turn away from them. There's just one problem, Nabby-Nab. You've ridiculed me and pissed me off one time too many. So because of that, I honestly don't care what happens to you. You could die tomorrow and I wouldn't even give a fuck. Not a single one.

Fuck you. Fuck your sorry ass attitude, fuck your "holier than thou" bullshit, fuck your "I'm a hipster and therefore more intelligent than you" bullshit, and lastly, fuck YOU!

• Haha 1

Luckily for me, I'm literally a few months away from moving on to bigger and better things. Hell, I could probably apply tomorrow to a TV station and get hired on next week!

What's terribly sad about this whole situation is even though you constantly treat me like shit, I would still have sympathy for you because of what you're going through. I really would because a real man loves his enemies and prays for them to see the error of their ways and turn away from them. There's just one problem, Nabby-Nab. You've ridiculed me and pissed me off one time too many. So because of that, I honestly don't care what happens to you. You could die tomorrow and I wouldn't even give a fuck. Not a single one.

Fuck you. Fuck your sorry ass attitude, fuck your "holier than thou" bullshit, fuck your "I'm a hipster and therefore more intelligent than you" bullshit, and lastly, fuck YOU!

No please reconsider, I need to know you'll still pray for me. That's what real men do when someone insults them on the internet apparently

No please reconsider, I need to know you'll still pray for me. That's what real men do when someone insults them on the internet apparently

Like I said, you've crossed the line one too many times and I've had it. I'm done. I honestly no longer care about what happens to you. Not one bit.

Like I said, you've crossed the line one too many times and I've had it. I'm done. I honestly no longer care about what happens to you. Not one bit.

Don't do this. I need you to keep praying​ for my eternal soul to whatever Lovecraftian monster god you and Ted Cruz share. Are you saying you're not a real man anymore? Please reconsider.

Don't do this. I need you to keep praying​ for my eternal soul to whatever Lovecraftian monster god you and Ted Cruz share. Are you saying you're not a real man anymore? Please reconsider.

I read that as though you were speaking in a sarcastic monotone voice. Of course, that's how I read all your posts. Congratulations. You're the male Daria.

with me, i wouldn't care enough to make a scene like this but it would be fun to say.

That's not very Christian.

That's not very Christian.

So let me get this straight.

Nabby's constant derision of me: Okay.

My finally snapping and telling him off: Not okay.

Got it.

/sarcasm.

Actually, I do regret losing control and telling him off the way I did. Still, he caused me to snap and I felt I needed to tell him off. I was sick and tired of his constant prodding. Could I have done a more Christian job doing so? Yes, I could have.

... did you try and apply for Menards? Depending if you have a location near you

They offer alot of benefits as well as

IPS

health care

dental

pay raises

I make $10.60 with an​ additional $2.50 on weekends/holidays

I like this thread because it paints a picture of how stupid I look when I try to prod a target into losing their shit.......Even as the antagonist, we both end up looking retarded.

For the record, I was asking if he worked at Kroger as a joke. I could've put any large grocery store chain. Kroger was the first that came to mind. I didn't expect him to actually say he worked there. I was not trying to set him off in any way whatsoever.

He set me off when he brought my wife into it...again. I don't bring his girlfriend into things, do I? No. Have I ever done that? No. So why does he feel the need to do so with me regarding my wife?

For the record, I was asking if he worked at Kroger as a joke. I could've put any large grocery store chain. Kroger was the first that came to mind. I didn't expect him to actually say he worked there. I was not trying to set him off in any way whatsoever.

He set me off when he brought my wife into it...again. I don't bring his girlfriend into things, do I? No. Have I ever done that? No. So why does he feel the need to do so with me regarding my wife?

I don't need a narration to the beef....I've been here the whole time so I know where this all began and it honestly wasn't over your wife, although I will say his attacks on her are out of line STRICTLY based on the fact that she doesn't post here.......That aside, your hands ain't clean man.  You both share this load and it makes you both look foolish.....This is coming from a guy who stalks and elderly, inept and possibly dying janitor.  I'm every bit the fool you guys are.....Probably more.

• Haha 1

I don't need a narration to the beef....I've been here the whole time so I know where this all began and it honestly wasn't over your wife, although I will say his attacks on her are out of line STRICTLY based on the fact that she doesn't post here.......That aside, your hands ain't clean man.  You both share this load and it makes you both look foolish.....This is coming from a guy who stalks and elderly, inept and possibly dying janitor.  I'm every bit the fool you guys are.....Probably more.

Fair enough. I know my hands aren't clean either, but I have tried to be nice to him over the years. I don't think he's made an effort to at least be cordial to me at all.

I don't like the $8 dollar an hour job I'm currently doing. wait it might be less..

I called in and quit today.

Made twice as much as I needed to cover my car repair so I should've quit a week ago, but at least now I can afford some real food with the extra.

Maybe they shouldn't order so many vegetables if they think culling good tomatoes is a good idea.

They don't even know what they have. The freezer/cooler room is such a mess there's no way to tell what's even in there. Guy training me said they just guess when ordering stuff because no way to know.

Big pile, like four pallets stacked over my head full of rotting food that was culled for not being perfect but still 100% fine and edible, was supposed to be made clearance but they've been understaffed for so long that it just sits there and rots. I asked where the clearance produce section is and he said they don't have one anymore it all just rots, most they do now is slap discounted price stickers on some of the salad mixes when they're about to go bad.

Just made me sick

do you have a church near you?

most of the ones around here give you free food provided you live in the area, though i dont remember what the qualifications were.

There's a church literally in my backyard but they don't do free food.

There's a ton of little churches near me, some might have shitty canned food or something like what I've been eating if you ask idk never asked but the ones that do free meals are a few miles away.

I wouldn't do that though, don't *need* to. Should've just got EBT but now it's too late since I'm about to be full time at a bit more than $8 an hour

Well if you are anything tlike me a job with that kind of wage is good for only one thing.. Keeping you afloat

while you search for something better, or do some souls searching. I have to work tomorrow night maybe..

I didn't even have an interview for this bs, but frankly I've been overqualified for it for years.  :|

Well if you are anything tlike me a job with that kind of wage is good for only one thing.. Keeping you afloat

while you search for something better, or do some souls searching. I have to work tomorrow night maybe..

I didn't even have an interview for this bs, but frankly I've been overqualified for it for years.  :|

Yep. $8 an hour jobs are a life raft in this shit system.

But you can't live in a life raft. Or something like that

.....This is coming from a guy who stalks and elderly, inept and possibly dying janitor.  I'm every bit the fool you guys are.....Probably more.

Is your avatar the janitor's rat tail. That's hilarious.

If Gemini replies to this thread again, his wife is going up as mine.