UnevenEdge

What Anime Are You Watching Right Now?

BUU8800

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3, 5

While trying to get out of the rain Natsume and Tanuma stumble upon Taki's house. Invited in, the three decide to clean the place's old storehouse. During the cleaning, Natsume accidentally releases the seal on an evil youkai placed many years ago by Taki's youkai obsessed grandfather. Effectively an episode all about Taki's grandpa, who brought much fun to many youkai despite never being able to see them. I got misty eyed when they all gathered around him trying to cure his illness, as well as when one showed herself to a teary eyed Taki briefly out of appreciation for him. They may have pulled tricks on or openly ridiculed him, but cared about him in the end, and appreciated his efforts on their behalf. Fitting then that they banded together to help Nyanko-sensei defeat the evil youkai. Good for you Taki, learning that about him. :) Plus some of those youkai had pretty adorable designs. :D

Dropping the rest of Diamond no Ace for now. The first season was good, but the second one suffers from Naruto-itis. There are four minutes of action per episode mixed in with constant flashbacks that really don't add anything to the story, and then it ends on the most predictable cliffhanger. Yes, these tropes aren't new to shounen sports anime, but you can tell that it's being done to stretch out the show. Whether it's because the anime caught up with the manga or greed, it's an annoying practice that ruins good storytelling.

My Hero Academia 17

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3, 6

Natsume stumbles into a case involving someone...or something...draining various youkai of their blood for a ritual. When a certain winged youkai asks Natsume for help he unwittingly comes across Seiji Matoba of the Matoba clan. Even with Natori, Hiiragi and Nyanko-sensei as backup Natsume still finds himself captured by Matoba! Well dayum, wasn't expecting a cliffhanger! Is that a series first? I can't recall...oh wait, the ogres in the well from last season was definitely a 2 parter. Anywho a very violent, action packed episode. Those man-made youkai Matoba controls remind me of No Face from Spirited Away. I knew we'd hafta confront the Matoba clan eventually, and this was certainly an interesting opening round. That said, I'm not yet certain if that female youkai draining the blood is actually being ordered to do so by Matoba, or if she's doing it on her own to try and please him. Don't wanna jump to conclusions just yet. Despite the overall tenseness this episode did have several good comedic touches. Natori making every woman he spoke to nearly orgasm, Nyanko's-sensei's continued adorable gluttony and landing cushion, and Natsume's scene with the winged youkai near the beginning in the air. I like that youkai btw, glad he saved her...for now at least.

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3, 7

And so as it turns out the female youkai gathering blood was in fact a human, and former Matoba clan member. She was trying to revive a powerful youkai to take revenge on Matoba for callously sacrificing a youkai she had grown close to in the past. Well there's that central conflict sprouting up again on the roles of youkai in relation to humans. Friends, allies, or mere tools? That Matoba douche really needs a good punch to the face, but he seems too on top of things so far for me to expect anything like that to happen anytime soon if at all. I mean he played Natsume like a fiddle and took out that youkai with a single shot. Still, definitely woulda enjoyed seeing the enraged Nyanko-sensei eat him. :D Looks like we're back to one-offs next, and the return of a character I think I vaguely remember from season on2 considering how long it's been. :D

Welp, I'm back from playing Persona 5 for a month :D 10/10 game

Caught up on:

Boku no  Hero Academia (that cavalry battle was so good!)

Uchouten Kazoku (wow that last episode was great but really had to leave off on a cliffhanger huh?)

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Nina is great. What can I say?)

Alice to Zoroku (Let's begin the heartwarming!)

Sakura Quest (ok not quite up to date but i'll catch up tomorrow when the new ep airs)

I did start watching WorldEnd but I'm not sure if I'll continue? I hear the second episode drives the plot more so maybe.

Welp, I'm back from playing Persona 5 for a month :D 10/10 game

Caught up on:

Boku no  Hero Academia (that cavalry battle was so good!)

Uchouten Kazoku (wow that last episode was great but really had to leave off on a cliffhanger huh?)

Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul (Nina is great. What can I say?)

Alice to Zoroku (Let's begin the heartwarming!)

Sakura Quest (ok not quite up to date but i'll catch up tomorrow when the new ep airs)

I did start watching WorldEnd but I'm not sure if I'll continue? I hear the second episode drives the plot more so maybe.

Get your ass to reading my several Natsume posts you missed! >:(

Get your ass to reading my several Natsume posts you missed! >:(

I did :D You watched some of my favorites (Taki's grandfather + Tree Youkai). I'm not really watching much else this season, so I'll probably try to pick up a few episodes from Season 4 while it's in my mind.

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3, 8

In this anime-original outing Natsume, Nyanko-sensei and Shigeru take a trip for a pottery class/hot springs visit. They head to the same place where the young fox youkai Natsume previously met now resides, anxious to meet him once again. An okay episode, but I probably woulda gotten more out of it had I really remembered the previous episode it referenced more than barely at all. With the theme of youkai and humans living different lifespans and a young child gathering herbs this actually reminded me of two Rin-centric Inuyasha anime-original episodes more than anything else. :D That stone youkai came off kinda douchey until he sacrificed himself to save the fox. Guess he really did mean well all along. Natsume making a fox bowl for the fox child in the end was pretty cute, in addition to the Nyanko-sensei one he made of course. :D

Natsume's Book of Friends Season 3, 9

It's the cultural festival at Natsume's school! And with Nyanko-sensei still injured it's up to Natsume to protect his friends from a malevolent rock based youkai. Something he fails at...pretty spectacularly. :D Seriously, Natsume's a fine young man but without Nyanko-sensei he'd be dead a dozen times by now! :D But I suppose his relationship with his friends was the episode's true focus. And we got some nice moments there to be sure, but I still find myself wishing he'd just tell everyone he can see youkai already! Oh well. :D

Youkai Watch 9

Nice Terminator references. :D