UnevenEdge

Steve Buschemi assaulted on NYC street

tsar4

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

The worst part is that he's almost universally beloved in NYC.

Yeah he’s a native nyer and former fdny firefighter. We love us some Buscemi the attacker might’ve been having some sort of breakdown 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scoobdog said:

The worst part is that he's almost universally beloved in NYC.

Well, how many people dropped everything they were doing to be a firefighter and work rubble searches the day after 9/11? I don't think anyone outside of Engine 55 even really knew he had returned to 55 just to help until well after the fact. He was just another rescue worker. 

Seriously wondering if this is just idiots doing random stranger punching or if he was targeted. I'm thinking it was some random shithead internet challenge and that person is hopefully shitting themselves after hearing who they hit. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah he’s a native nyer and former fdny firefighter. We love us some Buscemi the attacker might’ve been having some sort of breakdown 

Sadly, this says more about mental health care than anything about crime.  There are some legitimately scary things out there:  people you know are otherwise good acting incoherent and distressed.

LA’s Metro has had an uptick of violence against bus drivers that similarly follows no particular reason other than mentally ill people being left unchecked on the street.

20 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Sadly, this says more about mental health care than anything about crime.  There are some legitimately scary things out there:  people you know are otherwise good acting incoherent and distressed.

LA’s Metro has had an uptick of violence against bus drivers that similarly follows no particular reason other than mentally ill people being left unchecked on the street.

Not so sure it's a mental health thing in this case, maybe a "I just punched me a movie star" claim to fame thing...(the suspect):

image.png.44d2ef84f84dccdfaf4264abc24dee6f.png

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, tsar4 said:

Not so sure it's a mental health thing in this case, maybe a "I just punched me a movie star" claim to fame thing...(the suspect):

I don’t see anything in that pic that contradicts a mental breakdown?  It’s stills of the suspect walking down the street. Not every mental health event has to come from someone looking a certain way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

Well, how many people dropped everything they were doing to be a firefighter and work rubble searches the day after 9/11? I don't think anyone outside of Engine 55 even really knew he had returned to 55 just to help until well after the fact. He was just another rescue worker. 

Seriously wondering if this is just idiots doing random stranger punching or if he was targeted. I'm thinking it was some random shithead internet challenge and that person is hopefully shitting themselves after hearing who they hit. 

I've seen plenty of videos of people randomly hitting others and I think that's most likely the case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tsar4 said:

You shouldn’t diagnose someone by their appearance.  Plenty of high functioning,  well educated and driven adults suffer from crippling mental disease.

39 minutes ago, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

"Unprovoked," "usually older women," WTF? Is this where the ASMB yearbook category "Most likely to punch an old woman in a motorized cart" came from, real life New York?

The person who won that award was from upstate NY. That shit don’t count 

• Haha 3