UnevenEdge

Anime Recommendations

I don't know if this fits your genre criteria (it might count as a thriller, but I really don't know), but I just got done watching Ajin: Demi Human and I enjoyed it immensely. It's on Netflix.

A couple other good ones I saw on Netflix (don't know if they are still there) are High Score Girl and Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. I think these might lean into romance, especially High Score Girl.

Edited by Doom Metal Alchemist
Wrong name for Scott Pilgrim
  • Like 1

Watamote - No Matter How I Look At It, It's Your Guys Fault I'm Not Popular = Crunchy. Slice of life weird school girl life. One season and a special. 

How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift? = Crunchy. Educational health and fitness anime that is just f-ing hilarious. 12 episodes.

Bakumon = Crunchy. 3 seasons. Slice of life type where 2 school friends decide to become manga artists. Actually fairly 'real life' as far as a story goes because they don't make all their dreams come true immediately, crap does happen and they have to learn new skills and new ways of doing things in order to succeed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/23/2024 at 2:41 AM, Doom Metal Alchemist said:

I don't know if this fits your genre criteria (it might count as a thriller, but I really don't know), but I just got done watching Ajin: Demi Human and I enjoyed it immensely. It's on Netflix.

A couple other good ones I saw on Netflix (don't know if they are still there) are High Score Girl and Scott Pilgrim Takes Off. I think these might lean into romance, especially High Score Girl.

I’ve seen the Scott pilgrim one 

I’ll check out the other tho, I’ve hard good things about ajin 

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 4:24 PM, katt_goddess said:

Watamote - No Matter How I Look At It, It's Your Guys Fault I'm Not Popular = Crunchy. Slice of life weird school girl life. One season and a special. 

How Heavy Are The Dumbbells You Lift? = Crunchy. Educational health and fitness anime that is just f-ing hilarious. 12 episodes.

Bakumon = Crunchy. 3 seasons. Slice of life type where 2 school friends decide to become manga artists. Actually fairly 'real life' as far as a story goes because they don't make all their dreams come true immediately, crap does happen and they have to learn new skills and new ways of doing things in order to succeed. 

These sound right up my vibe! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, txanimeluva said:

I saw that one, I loved it!

It's a lot better especially i\as someone knowing a survivor of abuse/neglect it's it's it's kind of nice to know Netflix producing a decent show that at least on one level promotes healing

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the N.H.K.

Toradora

School Rumble

Your Lie In April

Shirobako 

Bamboo Blade

Run With The Wind

Ai Yori Aoshi 

Ouran Highschool Host Club

Tsuritama

Edited by -Kudasai-