UnevenEdge

Naruto Shippuden Episode 480 Discussion

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

FUCK clocks just jumped an hour ahead..

FUCK FUCK FUCK I forgot about DST

Again?!  I thought congress was supposed to get rid of this time change nonsense.  The senate voted it 100-0, what the heck happened?

We flashback to Naruto's childhood AGAIN.

Again the nonsensical-ness of how Naruto is treated.  Don't give him a family to take care of him, and mistreat him, instead of treating him like an asset.  This village is DUMB.

• Like 2

I used to think all these mushroom references in anime and japanese video games (mario) were overt references to psychedelia until I learned how taboo drug use is and how harsh drug penalties are in Japan. I dunno maybe they still are but I don't think most people would be willing to risk it.

• Haha 1

Interesting, I didn't realize the ninja world had this much astronomical knowledge.

Great, now you're making me hungry!

Find out the mushrooms are safe by eating them?!  Brilliant idea!

2 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I used to think all these mushroom references in anime and japanese video games (mario) were overt references to psychedelia until I learned how taboo drug use is and how harsh drug penalties are in Japan. I dunno maybe they still are but I don't think most people would be willing to risk it.

Yeah, Japan don't mess with drugs lol.  Not sure about other anime mushroom scenes, but here, the risk is simple poisoning or possibly death.  Naruto might end up worse off than when he drank the spoiled milk if he eats these haha.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Yeah, Japan don't mess with drugs lol.  Not sure about other anime mushroom scenes, but here, the risk is simple poisoning or possibly death.  Naruto might end up worse off than when he drank the spoiled milk if he eats these haha.

Not all from what ive read. Not necessarily this scene but there's been quite a few over the years that i just assumed were heavily inspired by psychedelics. Like Bebop and One Piece for starters. Still could be I guess.

Hizashi died when Neji was only four.  Damn, didn't realize he was that young.  He died for such BS reasons too.

Neji lives to protect Hinata, but no one is concerned about Hinata running off on her own haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Not all from what ive read. Not necessarily this scene but there's been quite a few over the years that i just assumed were heavily inspired by psychedelics. Like Bebop and One Piece for starters. Still could be I guess.

You might still be right.  I was never into psychedelics myself so not sure.  It's possible the animators might have been aware of it, even if they never used anything themselves.  

An example of the strictness is when that Yakuza VA got busted for drugs and basically got erased, Josef Stalin-style.  But the Kenshin author got busted for CP, paid a $1200 fine, and returned to work after some time (and his wife didn't divorce him.)  Amazing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

You might still be right.  I was never into psychedelics myself so not sure.  It's possible the animators might have been aware of it, even if they never used anything themselves.  

An example of the strictness is when that Yakuza VA got busted for drugs and basically got erased, Josef Stalin-style.  But the Kenshin author got busted for CP, paid a $1200 fine, and returned to work after some time (and his wife didn't divorce him.)  Amazing.

They all have a particular creative vibe that you recognize if you've messed around a bit.

I never looked into to any specific cases tbh but I could read about that shit all day. S Korea is another country with a similar stance that might actually be worse. The Parasite actor who was huge over there was interrogated multiple times for hours on end over what amounted to claims he used ketamine and some other shit. Guy ultimately ended his own life over the "scandal". Absolutely insane senseless shit

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

And likely not training her as well too.

Yeah, maybe not training Hinata as well, because she didn't pick it up as quickly like Neji or her sister Hanabi, and because she understandably didn't like fighting.  More logic from this clan and village lol.

• Like 1