UnevenEdge

Warner Bros Discovery to shut down Adult Swim Games, delist all games in 60 days

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Didn’t even know AS still had active games besides Pocket Mortys 

A lot of those look pretty damn old.

Does steam charge to continue keeping a game available on their servers? Seems fair to drop these if nobody even remembers they exist anymore.

I should go play Super House of Dead Ninjas again sometime..

Hopefully at least some of these get preserved somewhere on the high seas.

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

A lot of those look pretty damn old.

Does steam charge to continue keeping a game available on their servers? Seems fair to drop these if nobody even remembers they exist anymore.

I should go play Super House of Dead Ninjas again sometime..

Hopefully at least some of these get preserved somewhere on the high seas.

I had thought their entire gaming division shut down when the likes of Monsters Ate my Condo and Major Mayhem were delisted from Apple and Android. They were simplistic but well liked. 

I honestly thought virtually all their games from the good ol' days had been flushed when the boards died. 

Other than Pocket Mortys, I haven't seen a single ad for any of their old games since the death of the boards. And I don't think even Pocket Mortys have been getting new ads lately.

That snake game was fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

E6448A4F-278C-42AF-816B-1E1FE77D0EF7.jpeg.7573d1d63556dbc8d9d9947014e0975e.jpeg

Zombie hookers? Sounds more like a dream come true to me.

39 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

I honestly thought virtually all their games from the good ol' days had been flushed when the boards died. 

Other than Pocket Mortys, I haven't seen a single ad for any of their old games since the death of the boards. And I don't think even Pocket Mortys have been getting new ads lately.

That snake game was fun. 

Pocket Morty’s got promoted at the end of each new R&M episode to show the new content associated with the episode, but never any other time. And usual reaction was “that is still going?”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Zombie hookers? Sounds more like a dream come true to me.

Pocket Morty’s got promoted at the end of each new R&M episode to show the new content associated with the episode, but never any other time. And usual reaction was “that is still going?”. 

No, I knew they would get a new ad connected to whatever new episode was on. But that's literally the only time I ever saw those ads. When the boards existed, they would play ads for Robot Unicorn Attack ad nauseum on tv as well as whatever game was being played the most at the time. I even have a RUA shirt somewhere - I might wear it to work tomorrow if I can find it. :D And Pocket Mortys did get a lot of air time for the first couple of seasons they existed, now not even during re-runs of R&M. 

I guess my point is if you do nothing to draw attention to a product for newer audiences and you sort of just went out of your way to alienate the old audience, big surprise when things end up getting bulked killed off like this to appease the losers that think gutting the goose that lays golden eggs is a genius strategy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katt_goddess said:

When the boards existed, they would play ads for Robot Unicorn Attack ad nauseum on tv as well as whatever game was being played the most at the time.

Oh I remember, Robot Unicorn Attack, Amateur Surgeon, Major Mayhem, and Super Monsters Ate my Condo got very heavy advertising at all times during AS hours. Back in the days where it was normal practice to sell a game for 99 cents rather than give it away for free but bog it down with microtransactions. 

Super Monsters Ate my Condo was a blast and great time waster. I wonder if there is a way to get those games onto my phone. 

Are there any metrics for what kind of playerbase Pocket Mortys even has? Apparently it’s alive enough to still be getting updates but I can’t think of a single time I have heard of someone actually playing it. 

18 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Oh I remember, Robot Unicorn Attack, Amateur Surgeon, Major Mayhem, and Super Monsters Ate my Condo got very heavy advertising at all times during AS hours. Back in the days where it was normal practice to sell a game for 99 cents rather than give it away for free but bog it down with microtransactions. 

Super Monsters Ate my Condo was a blast and great time waster. I wonder if there is a way to get those games onto my phone. 

Are there any metrics for what kind of playerbase Pocket Mortys even has? Apparently it’s alive enough to still be getting updates but I can’t think of a single time I have heard of someone actually playing it. 

I honestly think that Pocket Mortys is one of those games that people play but don't really brag about. 

So basically the same adults that still play Pokemon Go religiously but don't always want to go anywhere. 

I think that if there were actual real enamel badges for Pocket Mortys, you'd probably see more of who might be playing them. I might try playing around with some at some point as one of my random swag items but currently meh on the project since I don't play it. 

• Like 1