UnevenEdge

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I still felt that Naruto and Sasuke didn't have a very believable and built up friendship.  Their relationship wasn't much beyond "friendly" co-workers.  And Sasuke isn't very sympathetic, so you don't feel that bad when he turns traitor or feel that he's worth Naruto saving.

But at least the fight itself and production values are good haha.

Feel like Naruto and Kurama have a more believable friendship than Naruto did with sasuke and Kurama didn't feel like he had a character of his own until we got into like 3/4's of the series

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roymustang1990 said:

Feel like Naruto and Kurama have a more believable friendship than Naruto did with sasuke and Kurama didn't feel like he had a character of his own until we got into like 3/4's of the series

Yes.  If we have to keep it to within this series. 

I tend to agree with people who said Komamura and Tosen had a more believable friendship (that got destroyed) than Naruto and Sasuke, and those guys were side characters in Bleach haha.

And Asta and Yuno from Black Clover, who thankfully don't turn on each other.

• Haha 2

Weird that everyone is criticizing the extent of their "friendship," like.... that's half the damn point here. You can't judge their friendship on what you expect friends to actually be, because Sasuke is a bitch ass punk. A rival is the closest thing he understands to friends. Naruto's whole point, his entire character, is killing enemies and rivals with kindness. And a good beatdown is the only way Sasuke is going to understand the extent of their friendship. Just like with literally everyone else in the entire show, it's down to Naruto wearing him down.

Honestly, it's just impressive that they kept this giant mecha chakra battle to just these two episodes. Respect for not dragging that out longer than it needed.

..I see after this there's a couple "mixed canon/filler episodes before one last batch of filler.. got a bad feeling "mixed canon" means "we'll replay the last bits of this fight before seguing into another pointless flashback."

• Thanks 1

I think they were trying to go for solemn pathos or something while Naruto and Sasuke were staggering around and slapping at each other, but I was sitting there laughing at it instead. It went on for so long that it was unintentionally hilarious.

• Thanks 1