UnevenEdge

Super Attack on Titan Finale 2 Turbo: HD Remix premieres on Toonami on January 6

Blatch

Kinda bummed we ain't talking expansion and throwing on one One Piece at 2, but this is pretty much what I expected. Plus, that would be a pretty crappy thing to do to IGPX, sticking it at 3 AM!

Of course, an alternative to that would have been sticking Dr. Stone on at 11:30, which would suggest something interesting for the lineup. But that's nonsense and if anything's airing at 11:30, it's Demon Slayer!

2 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Kinda bummed we ain't talking expansion and throwing on one One Piece at 2, but this is pretty much what I expected. Plus, that would be a pretty crappy thing to do to IGPX, sticking it at 3 AM!

Of course, an alternative to that would have been sticking Dr. Stone on at 11:30, which would suggest something interesting for the lineup. But that's nonsense and if anything's airing at 11:30, it's Demon Slayer!

The only way an expansion would make sense is if they are getting a massive budget increase for 2024, which I doubt. They have a pretty big workload cut out for them just in the first 6 months of the year. 
1. Dr Stone

2. Demon Slayer

3. Lycoris Recoil

4. IGPX

5. Naruto

All of these will need replacements before it’s even summer. IGPX is easy enough since they will probably slot in another rerun, but the other 4 need premier replacements. If it’s 12 episodes, the replacement for Dr Stone could also need replaced by June. That’s a big job, and we still don’t know the extent of cooperation Aniplex is willing to afford the block, so content might get tight again. 

• Like 1

With no expansion, we go down to one One Piece for at least 6 weeks and that's if Dr. Stone doesn't have a replacement lined up. Also, Dr. Stone getting stuck at 1 AM for its Season 3 conclusion is something I was hoping wouldn't happen but without expansion it's sadly inevitable, which is bizarre because unless you count IGPX Remastered it's the only 2023 show on the lineup. Guess that won't matter as much in 2024 though...

Naruto Shippuden has 30 episodes left in 2024. There are 26 weeks in half the year, which gets us to summertime. With no interruptions, it concludes in July, but it's much more likely to be interrupted on Memorial Day Weekend and/or July 6th, so that means August. That's definitely summer, unless it gets doubled-up, but I see OP being doubled-up first.

1 hour ago, OwlChemist81 said:

With no expansion, we go down to one One Piece for at least 6 weeks and that's if Dr. Stone doesn't have a replacement lined up. Also, Dr. Stone getting stuck at 1 AM for its Season 3 conclusion is something I was hoping wouldn't happen but without expansion it's sadly inevitable, which is bizarre because unless you count IGPX Remastered it's the only 2023 show on the lineup. Guess that won't matter as much in 2024 though...

Naruto Shippuden has 30 episodes left in 2024. There are 26 weeks in half the year, which gets us to summertime. With no interruptions, it concludes in July, but it's much more likely to be interrupted on Memorial Day Weekend and/or July 6th, so that means August. That's definitely summer, unless it gets doubled-up, but I see OP being doubled-up first.

Double OP still costs them money to air, so I doubt they want to do that + have stocked new shows at the same time. Especially since double OP is their emergency trump card when they can’t line something up. If it’s already doubled up, if they don’t have a replacement for one of the above shows, they are SoL. A repeat of this years long term double OP and double Naruto time stalling won’t work, so they really need that second OP in their back pocket for emergencies. Like I said, if they had more budget and a clear content path with Aniplex, an expansion could work. Unfortunately, I don’t think they will be getting either of those so it’s smarter to sit at 3 hours. 

Even with their obligations to originals and reheated reruns, that still isn’t enough to cover all their bases, especially since none of them have a firm release date. They did say 2024 for the likes of Ninja Kamui and Lazarus, but hey they also said 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023 for Uzumaki, and we have yet to see that. 

• Confused 1

• Blatch changed the title to Super Attack on Titan Finale 2 Turbo: HD Remix premieres on Toonami on January 6
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Top Gun unpinned this topic