UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train on Toonami, FINALLY!! 11/11/23 Double-Header Discussion!!!

Remember when Demarco said Demon Slayer was never coming back?  Lol.

Well, I've already seen this in movie form, and heard the TV version was inferior, but I may as well re-watch it here.  I am a big train guy after all lol.

Never got around to watching season 2 though.  I hope Toonami shows that too or this will be kind of a waste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Remember when Demarco said Demon Slayer was never coming back?  Lol.

Well, I've already seen this in movie form, and heard the TV version was inferior, but I may as well re-watch it here.  I am a big train guy after all lol.

Never got around to watching season 2 though.  I hope Toonami shows that too or this will be kind of a waste.

We do get some nice extras like this ep.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Gotta imagine they have the full season 2.

I hope so.  That would be quite a blunder from DeMarco if they only got the movie re-airing part, but not the main season.  But man, sneaky Aniplex.  We thought we'd be lost if we didn't watch the movie and then they turn it into episodes lol.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yup, this ep is like the leadup to the movie. Giving us some extra Rengoku.

Oh ok.  Not too bad to get more of Rengoku.

• Like 1

I've watched a fair amount of the way past the Mugen Train arc and it's pretty crazy how they eventually up the ante on villians. Seeing this demon in particular just reiterates how week he is in comparison. This guy is a cake walk for sure.

Oddly enough I dont even remember these parts or this demon at all.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

I hope so.  That would be quite a blunder from DeMarco if they only got the movie re-airing part, but not the main season.  But man, sneaky Aniplex.  We thought we'd be lost if we didn't watch the movie and then they turn it into episodes lol.

Oh ok.  Not too bad to get more of Rengoku.

Yeah, would be wild if we're only getting the movie re-telling part and not the Entertainment District Arc, but they're both part of the season so I hadn't thought about it but I've gotta imagine the whole thing is airing. So true, kinda lucky lol. This way we're still getting all the movie story on Toonami. Same experience for me when they aired Gundam Unicorn, since I saw that originally with the 7 OVAs version and then there was a TV edit like this for that too.

• Like 2

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Nice! Same here. Even after having mine for a while it hasn't changed it still impresses me.

No burn in or anything I'm guessing? I actually think oled's shine with animated shows in particular. The colors are so accurate and blacks are deep.

Such a great investment. My only regret is I didn't go bigger, but I use mine as a monitor too, so it's a good trade off.

• Like 1