UnevenEdge

Demon Slayer: Mugen Train on Toonami, FINALLY!! 11/11/23 Double-Header Discussion!!!

7 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, would be wild if we're only getting the movie re-telling part and not the Entertainment District Arc, but they're both part of the season so I hadn't thought about it but I've gotta imagine the whole thing is airing. So true, kinda lucky lol. This way we're still getting all the movie story on Toonami. Same experience for me when they aired Gundam Unicorn, since I saw that originally with the 7 OVAs version and then there was a TV edit like this for that too.

I didn't realize it was considered part of the same season.  Then yeah we are probably getting the episodes after the Mugen Train stuff too.

9 minutes ago, saito34 said:

No burn in or anything I'm guessing? I actually think oled's shine with animated shows in particular. The colors are so accurate and blacks are deep.

Such a great investment. My only regret is I didn't go bigger, but I use mine as a monitor too, so it's a good trade off.

Nope, so far so good, even after all this time. Only thing I avoid are those screens with big news scrolls for overly extended periods, like all the TV/monitor coverage suggest. Other than that have used it for movies, tv, games, and sometimes a computer.

Right on, I agree with that I love seeing animated shows on it like you said. It's also amazing at HDR.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I didn't realize it was considered part of the same season.  Then yeah we are probably getting the episodes after the Mugen Train stuff too.

Yeah it's definitely confusing, I forgot how confusingly numbered it is since each arc restarts the ep numbers, so I hope that's the case at least: On CR it's split up into two as S2 Mugen Train Arc 1-7 and then S2 Entertainment District Arc 1-11

Grabbed Inosuke and the civilian.  Then took out the demon.  Would Inosuke not be able to to handle that demon?

The main demon making people dream impossibly happy dreams.  And he's got humans working for him because of that.  Damn.

Wow the demon slayers even fell asleep. 

20 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Nope, so far so good, even after all this time. Only thing I avoid are those screens with big news scrolls for overly extended periods, like all the TV/monitor coverage suggest. Other than that have used it for movies, tv, games, and sometimes a computer.

Right on, I agree with that I love seeing animated shows on it like you said. It's also amazing at HDR.

Nice....glad to hear it

14 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it's definitely confusing, I forgot how confusingly numbered it is since each arc restarts the ep numbers, so I hope that's the case at least: On CR it's split up into two as S2 Mugen Train Arc 1-7 and then S2 Entertainment District Arc 1-11

Huh.  Well, on Anime News Network and My Anime List they considered as separate series.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=24792

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49926/Kimetsu_no_Yaiba__Mugen_Ressha-hen

Just now, ben0119 said:

Huh.  Well, on Anime News Network and My Anime List they considered as separate series.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=24792

https://myanimelist.net/anime/49926/Kimetsu_no_Yaiba__Mugen_Ressha-hen

Yeah it's confusing, but they're both labeled as part of S2 at least on Crunchyroll.

Another plus, would be weird if it came back for just the 7 eps of Mugen Train since we just got two of them tonight.

11 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Good luck with the longevity of yours too. Hopefully as long as we let the screen do those occasional refreshes and keep things varied and avoid static images and icons we'll be good.

Oh yeah, which one did you get?

Yeah...as a matter of fact I just tweaked some settings and made sure pixel cleaning/shift and logo dimming were all on.

I bought an open box LG C2 about 6 months ago. Pretty cool finding a mint condition one at a best buy outlet for like $300-400 cheaper than the going rate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah it's confusing, but they're both labeled as part of S2 at least on Crunchyroll.

Another plus, would be weird if it came back for just the 7 eps of Mugen Train since we just got two of them tonight.

Oh.  Well, that's a good point, haha.

1 hour ago, saito34 said:

Yeah...as a matter of fact I just tweaked some settings and made sure pixel cleaning/shift and logo dimming were all on.

I bought an open box LG C2 about 6 months ago. Pretty cool finding a mint condition one at a best buy outlet for like $300-400 cheaper than the going rate.

Very cool!

• Like 1