UnevenEdge

New Rick and Morty season opens to 50% on Rotten Tomatoes, lowest critical score so far

Jman

Can’t even blame the voice change, the episode itself was just bad. Mr Poopybutthole is a funny side character, not someone who should have an entire episode dedicated to them. On top of that the episode just lacked humor, and is falling into the late stage Fox show rut of just shoving in celebrity appearances with no thought to them at all. 

Unfortunately, the fanbase of this show are easily pleased morons. The next 8 episodes could be equally bad, so long as that 10th one inches the Rick prime story forward, the season will end with an 80% minimum. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Why do Dan Harmon shows tend to crater so fast?

I mean, we're talking about a show that's been running for a decade. Though I also hear people say it started going downhill with Season 3, so I guess there's merit to this.

[current status: haven't finished season 4]

This is the first actual celebrity being used as themself IIRC and I think it’s also the first time they used a character from another IP flat out with The Predator. It just felt lazy.

The two things mildly amusing to me both involved Gene. When his riding mower slowly headed toward the car because they wouldn’t let him stop it (this was ruined by the random bike rider crashing into the car as well) and the fast food guy taking the best friend combo away from Gene and being annoyed that he lied.

Edited by Sketch

47 minutes ago, Sketch said:

This is the first actual celebrity being used as themself IIRC and I think it’s also the first time they used a character from another IP flat out with The Predator. It just felt lazy.

Didn't Elon Musk appear as himself in an episode?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Blatch said:

Didn't Elon Musk appear as himself in an episode?

In that case he did at least have a super low hanging fruit joke name whereas this time they're like "yup Hugh Jackman lives in this universe, the real guy not some slightly off-brand version"