UnevenEdge

My Adventures with Superman Episode 10 Talkback (Season Finale!)

Jman

It's Thanksgiving, and Clark, Lois, and Jimmy are heading to the Kent farm to celebrate - but the holiday turns into a fight for survival as Task Force X, family, and KRYPTONITE collide!

Well, we're here for the season finale of the most controversial portrayal of the Man of Steel since Zack Snyder put Henry Cavill in his live-action adaptation of Birdy The Mighty Decode.  (Snyder has admitted this).  What cliffhanger will half of the 20 episode order leave us with?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ah, it wasn't that bad of a Superman story, a bit of a reimagining, alternate Earth deal, if you're willing to cut it some slack. Not every iteration needs to be 100% faithful to the source material, or else there's no point in new iterations.

Passable...ish finale. Knew something was up when it wasn't over after the big climax last episode. This puts it in a position of "eh, things are sorta mostly tied whether or not we get to continue."

The liberties taken will probably very much not sit well with previously mentioned crowd that needs faithful. And I can't argue against it too strongly. That was... a different take.

Credits listed a Brainiac. And it took me a couple minutes to realize... of fucking course. The three connected dots, that's always been Brainiac's signature. Feels like an ok way of setting him up at least.

Despite previous assertions.. admittedly not myself a fan of making The General a Lane. Definitely a stretch of a change just for a played out trope. Further, just bizarre that Waller/nobody responded to calls for backup, or in general never kept eyes on what was going on.. that aspect of the story fell a bit flat for me.

Just now, ben0119 said:

Episode 10 is already the season finale?  I hoped the season was longer than that. 

Cool we get Superman but no Dr. Stone tonight?  Booo.

Yeah, I guess we should have guessed it'd be a typical "streaming show" season length, but I was also thinking it'd be a longer season.

Just now, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, I guess we should have guessed it'd be a typical "streaming show" season length, but I was also thinking it'd be a longer season.

I figured it would be longer than that.  It's not a live action cinematic series with a massive budget.

• Like 1

Just now, DangerMouse said:

The season took a break, second cour of Season 3 starts October 12th, so we'll have to wait until the dub resumes presumably too.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/news/latest/2023/8/26/dr-stone-new-world-anime-returns-with-2nd-cour-on-october-12

Fuuuuuuuck.  I didn't know that.

Also I'm not sure if any anime dubs are affected by the strike.  I saw that Bleach is still being dubbed.  

I was going to wait to watch the Bleach dub in case Toonami gets it.  But if they never get it, I'm thinking of binging it after the second cour's dub is done.

Just now, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

They totally telegraphed that reveal. I'm kind of upset at myself for not having seen it coming sooner though, as Lois's dad being a general is a pretty basic part of her background.

I guess I must have completely forgotten that too haha.  Or didn't know somehow.  I did watch Batman and Superman TAS, and Justice League.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

They totally telegraphed that reveal. I'm kind of upset at myself for not having seen it coming sooner though, as Lois's dad being a general is a pretty basic part of her background.

Same, lol, somehow I wasn't thinking about it.

Hell, and I was just watching Superman and Lois mere months ago.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh yeah, FLCL marathon so no Naruto either tonight, so I can't post this in a Naruto tonight even though summer's almost over. They apparently posted a summer poster on the Boruto twitter earlier this week.

F4w6FRIbMAA7D6k?format=jpg&name=medium

Reveal hidden contents

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952x3f6ddtcdhfvq5gq36

Edited by ben0119
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Dark_Cloud_Overhead said:

Way to go Jimmy! Still, I'm little surprised he'd sell his pride an joy just like that, but for that much dough can't say I blame him.

Oh yeah, and can't wait for season 2 so we can all apparently

krypton_205_3.gif.4e841ccf0948063fa72e5d53c87875f2.gif

Mentioned earlier, keep an eye on credits. Zod wasn't named/listed. But... Brainiac was.

And, coincidentally, what is the symbol/iconography typically associated with Brainiac?

• Top Gun unpinned this topic