UnevenEdge

Man I gotta renew my work license by september

Still Me

On 8/3/2023 at 11:27 AM, The_annoying_one said:

🤦‍♂️

No. I’m planning to try to get a job at the local library.

I mean you do need a license to be an actual Librarian (like a school license).  And there are some positions in the library that require certifications, however those might be the kind that you can get while you're working there, through experience (like Clerks and Assistants).  A high school diploma is usually all that's required for Pages.  Pretty sure librarians have master degrees. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vela said:

I mean you do need a license to be an actual Librarian (like a school license).  And there are some positions in the library that require certifications, however those might be the kind that you can get while you're working there, through experience (like Clerks and Assistants).  A high school diploma is usually all that's required for Pages.  Pretty sure librarians have master degrees. 

That’s my main concern, actually. I have no degrees or experience at all. I don’t expect to be a full-blown librarian, but maybe someone there could train me for any other job. I doubt that’ll happen, though. I know that sounds cynical, but I have my reasons. Things have a tendency to not work out in my favor.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, The_annoying_one said:

That’s my main concern, actually. I have no degrees or experience at all. I don’t expect to be a full-blown librarian, but maybe someone there could train me for any other job. I doubt that’ll happen, though. I know that sounds cynical, but I have my reasons. Things have a tendency to not work out in my favor.

No I get it, I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to myself.  Like I said yesterday, the universe and I have NEVER gotten along.  But seriously there's nothing else we can do but try and know that we've tried.  Lol, as true pessimists we don't expect much so that we're not let down in the end.  But maybe you don't have to expect much in order to be pleasantly surprised 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vela said:

No I get it, I'm pretty pessimistic when it comes to myself.  Like I said yesterday, the universe and I have NEVER gotten along.  But seriously there's nothing else we can do but try and know that we've tried.  Lol, as true pessimists we don't expect much so that we're not let down in the end.  But maybe you don't have to expect much in order to be pleasantly surprised 🤷‍♀️

You just described my feelings 100% on point. I’m still gonna try everything I can to get this job. I just like feeling as though things won’t work out. If they don’t, it’ll hurt less because I expected it. If they do, the pleasant surprise leaves me almost euphoric.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Vela said:

I must be the opposite because I'm an eternal optimist. But some days, it's near impossible maintaining a positive outlook.

• Like 2