UnevenEdge

Nobody talks about the unintended consequences of therapy

Mix

I've made great strides with anger, but not depression.

So, naturally, my days are shit. I don't want to do shit. My anger was fueling my life.....biodegradable fuel, anger is....fucking eco-friendly and everything.

Every functioning person is a delicate balance of shit that may not all be great, but it's working. It may not be sustainable, but fuck, it's working.

You can't just throw therapy in there and hope for the best.

Therapy is like chemical X.

People always highlight the powerpuff girls, but they never talk about that purple bitch that blew up. Remember her?

She probably would of been just fine without chemical x. We don't all need to fly. I've been walking all my life, it's fine.

Edited by Mix
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

a counselor once told me "depression is rage turned inward"

she was a terrible counselor though, so idk how useful that is. 

i have been using maladaptive daydreaming to generate energy instead of anger like i used to. may not be healthier but at least it's fun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The therapist I saw after the Vegas shooting genuinely helped me through that difficult time, she really did. But our final couple of sessions were unhinged, to be honest. She successfully helped me confront things I was shying away from in my life in general and got me moving forward again but then she just went off the deep end. Started feeling like she was airing her grievances to me. Told me personal stuff like how she had gotten breast implants and loved them, totally unprompted. Suddenly tried to convince me that my new partner, whom I am still with, was going to abuse me in the bedroom and I needed to leave her ASAP. (Literally no clue where this even came from tbh.) And the one that just sent me was when she said "well all LGBT people were raped as kids, that's how you become one." For all the good she had done, she just lit another fire back up inside of me cause she sounded like my abusive father. Just a stupid motherfucker that may be skilled and knowledgeable about one thing but is a total, cocksure moron with everything else. She helped me with one thing but just ended up making things worse for something else. All she had to do was shut the fuck up, too. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, The_annoying_one said:

I would have to agree with that. I’ve suffered from depression for most of my life, and I have always been unfairly critical of myself.

Wow…. I have never admitted that anywhere… What the fuck is going on with me tonight?

well hopefully you'll be nicer to yourself. i know that's not always easy to do though 

Edited by Lynnrael
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

When you don’t have the time or money, and thus aren’t good enough to have someone with a clipboard tell you what a broken head you are; it can be tough. I’m glad the institution’s there to help those in pain and who are trying to lead a happier lifestyle.

You’re right that therapy’s not the magical “Make-Me-Not-A-Fuckhead-Anymore Foundation.” It’s easier to say that it is though. That way you can avoid responsibility any time you decide to be scum of the Earth.

Some guy’s probably wagging his finger that everyone including YOU can be fixed, and how it’s soooooooooooo easy to undergo therapy. But his name is Preston and he lives in a gated community and he likes eating avocado toast from Starbucks!

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Mix said:

I've made great strides with anger, but not depression.

So, naturally, my days are shit. I don't want to do shit. My anger was fueling my life.....biodegradable fuel, anger is....fucking eco-friendly and everything.

Every functioning person is a delicate balance of shit that may not all be great, but it's working. It may not be sustainable, but fuck, it's working.

You can't just throw therapy in there and hope for the best.

Therapy is like chemical X.

People always highlight the powerpuff girls, but they never talk about that purple bitch that blew up. Remember her?

She probably would of been just fine without chemical x. We don't all need to fly. I've been walking all my life, it's fine.

Chemical X, Chemical Z, 

CHEMICAL WHY..

well,

supporting A, B, C.... 

:):

• D'oh 1

16 hours ago, GunStarHero said:

The therapist I saw after the Vegas shooting genuinely helped me through that difficult time, she really did. But our final couple of sessions were unhinged, to be honest. She successfully helped me confront things I was shying away from in my life in general and got me moving forward again but then she just went off the deep end. Started feeling like she was airing her grievances to me. Told me personal stuff like how she had gotten breast implants and loved them, totally unprompted. Suddenly tried to convince me that my new partner, whom I am still with, was going to abuse me in the bedroom and I needed to leave her ASAP. (Literally no clue where this even came from tbh.) And the one that just sent me was when she said "well all LGBT people were raped as kids, that's how you become one." For all the good she had done, she just lit another fire back up inside of me cause she sounded like my abusive father. Just a stupid motherfucker that may be skilled and knowledgeable about one thing but is a total, cocksure moron with everything else. She helped me with one thing but just ended up making things worse for something else. All she had to do was shut the fuck up, too. 

What...the...fuck???

Who the hell raped my sister?

It must of been when she was really young 'cause she made me proof read that love letter she wrote to her best friend in the eighth grade.

I guess that's why she never laughed at the jokes I made about cousin Ronny getting molested......OMG COUSIN RONNY!!!

Wait, did she say everybody turns gay after rape or is it a case by case basis?

You know what, i'm just going to face time my sister and cousin Ronny and i'm going to get to the bottom of this.

• Thanks 1

On 8/1/2023 at 7:28 PM, Mix said:

What...the...fuck???

Who the hell raped my sister?

It must of been when she was really young 'cause she made me proof read that love letter she wrote to her best friend in the eighth grade.

I guess that's why she never laughed at the jokes I made about cousin Ronny getting molested......OMG COUSIN RONNY!!!

Wait, did she say everybody turns gay after rape or is it a case by case basis?

You know what, i'm just going to face time my sister and cousin Ronny and i'm going to get to the bottom of this.

I had the same exact reaction...first the wtf and then the nobody raped my cousin reaction. 

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Vela said:

I had the same exact reaction...first the wtf and then the nobody raped my cousin reaction. 

When I told my sister about this, she said without hesitation, "stop calling me. I hate you."

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

As as someone who has metal illness and depression myself I have dealt with stigma @suziefish @suziefish_  this is not stigma This is people doing a customer complaint more or less

i myself had it so I didn't like I am also had issues and it currently will medications I prescribe by my secret psychiatric nurse practitioner which I do not like I am actually quitting without her advice because one I can't sleep too my body is too full of too many damn chemicals

three it seems like almost zombie-like still which I don't like

Edited by ghostrek
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostrek said:

As as someone who has metal illness and depression myself I have dealt with stigma @suziefish @suziefish_  this is not stigma This is people doing a customer complaint more or less

i myself had it so I didn't like I am also had issues and it currently will medications I prescribe by my secret psychiatric nurse practitioner which I do not like I am actually quitting without her advice because one I can't sleep too my body is too full of too many damn chemicals

three it seems like almost zombie-like still which I don't like

sounds uncomfortable (both of 'us') are one of me.. (just have trouble logging on two places..

my psychiatric nurse practitioner has given me hope many times

((problem is that Hope has Wings and flys out the window..

difficult to follow that route.. when you happen to be masquerading as a fish :):

1 hour ago, suziefish said:

sounds uncomfortable (both of 'us') are one of me.. (just have trouble logging on two places..

my psychiatric nurse practitioner has given me hope many times

((problem is that Hope has Wings and flys out the window..

difficult to follow that route.. when you happen to be masquerading as a fish :):

my therapist that has given me more hope than anything else but the psychiatric nurse and I do not care for it

• Like 1

The problem with therapists is that they're people. And man, do people suck. Trouble is, not being a person is pretty dang hard. 
In the various times I've tried it, or had it mandated, it's never been completely useless. Certain episodes, I would even say helpful. Not worth sticking with, though
But on the other hand, I'm still fucked up so who am I to say.

On moving past anger specifically, the worst part is when you feel a flare up coming on, and there's some corner of your mind that's wants to let it ride, thinking it's going to be just like old times... but you know it never can be anymore, 'cause some jerkwad told you exactly how the magic trick works. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Hornshire said:

The problem with therapists is that they're people. And man, do people suck. Trouble is, not being a person is pretty dang hard. 
In the various times I've tried it, or had it mandated, it's never been completely useless. Certain episodes, I would even say helpful. Not worth sticking with, though

On moving past anger specifically, the worst part is when you feel a flare up coming on, and there's some corner of your mind that's wants to let it ride, thinking it's going to be just like old times... but you know it never can be anymore, 'cause some jerkwad told you exactly how the magic trick works. 

Hornshire, buddy, when did they let you out?

or...did you escape?

You know what, it doesn't matter. Welcome back, homie......you don't still remember where I live, do you? 'cause I moved....so, no need to come by or anything...

4 hours ago, Hornshire said:

I'm still not entirely sure how to feel like a person in the first place, personally 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Dear Lynnrael,

A good start is focusing on a breath.. just one breath in, hold, one breath out.. as loud as you can make it, hold the emptiness .. breathe deeply in again ((repeat from hold..

while all us 'warm-blooded animals' can breathe.. it takes a 'person' invested in the 'experience'

to go through all that :):