UnevenEdge

WIT Studio and DC teaming up to bring us more Isekai nonsense

3ngag3

13 hours ago, 3ngag3 said:

I'm hearing it's the complete opposite, actually.

A rando gets isekai'd into the DC Universe.

Maybe they saw how bad Justice League x RWBY was and decided to go in a different direction.

Kinda interesting premise but it could go very very badly.

• Thanks 1

Such a generic title. Do they think it’s clever because it’s generic? It’s not.

I was NOT ready for bishounen Joker (no not the guy from Persona 5) and I can’t help but notice his resemblance to Jared Leto. Get Troy Baker to voice him please.

The writer of Re:ZERO though? That could be amazing.

But seriously WBD needs to chill out on the excessive use of Harley, The Joker and the whole dang Suicide Squad. If it’s not a definitively a Batman thing they’re making then it’s almost always Batman adjacent.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sketch said:

Such a generic title. Do they think it’s clever because it’s generic? It’s not.

I was NOT ready for bishounen Joker (no not the guy from Persona 5) and I can’t help but notice his resemblance to Jared Leto. Get Troy Baker to voice him please.

The writer of Re:ZERO though? That could be amazing.

But seriously WBD needs to chill out on the excessive use of Harley, The Joker and the whole dang Suicide Squad. If it’s not a definitively a Batman thing they’re making then it’s almost always Batman adjacent.

Weird that you say that since we're getting a Superman show that is the [as] equivalent of the Marvel animated shows like X-Men Evolution and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes that ran on Disney XD.

If we can't get Harley Quinn on Toonami, I'll easily take something like this. Besides, what do you want from DC? An Aquaman anime!?

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold

The Question

Green Lantern Corps

Flash family series

A solo Wonder Woman series

And if all of that is too tall an order then a new Justice League animated series written for older viewers than isn’t edgelord garbage

And if that’s not happening then continue Young Justice and tell Greg Weisman to actually finish the main plots set up in season 1

But for the record I am very happy about a new Superman cartoon, it just probably shouldn’t be premiering on Adult Swim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/4/2023 at 7:06 PM, Sketch said:

Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold

A Blue Beetle animated series has potential.

The Question

Don't know who The Question is...

Green Lantern Corps

One should have been made in the 90s. Or at least a earlier equivalent of Green Lantern: The Animated Series.

Flash family series

Truly a shame because the new movie had the potential to be good, but because modern DC movies are mostly crap outside of the animated ones(and the Synderverse fans don't deserve anything), we'll never get a Flash adaptation.

A solo Wonder Woman series

Why they didn't make one based on that DTV movie in 2009/10/11 or in the early 2000s, I don't know.

And if all of that is too tall an order then a new Justice League animated series written for older viewers than isn’t edgelord garbage

I don't get the whole edgelord garbage thing.

But a new mature Justice League series, I'd like.

And if that’s not happening then continue Young Justice and tell Greg Weisman to actually finish the main plots set up in season 1

They had YEARS to do that. That ship has LONG since sailed........

But for the record I am very happy about a new Superman cartoon, it just probably shouldn’t be premiering on Adult Swim

Me too, but IMHO, it's a guarnateed mediocre hit/massive bomb on AS. Should have kept that one on CN, but I am watching the premiere live. We'll see.......

Another thing about DC animation adaptations, in this AU project I'm working on, I'm managing to come up with various ideas for DC adaptations, what I have so far:

• Gotham Girls: The Animated Series(2004-2006; Cartoon Network's Toonami-which in my AU, would continue to air on weekday afternoons in addition to expanding to Saturday nights).
  • Lobo: RAW(2004-2007; Adult Swim-which IMTL, would get significantly more support, main reasons is the AOL merger not happening in my TL as well as a huge merger).
  • Krypto the Superdog
  • Dial H for Hero(2005-2008; Kids' WB/Cartoon Network-replacement for Ben 10)
  • Legion of Superheroes(2006-2009; Kids' WB-which continues after 2008)
  • Aquaman: The Animated Series(2006-2010; Cartoon Network's Toonami block/Friday night fantasy/adventure block-IMTL, Toonami continues after 2008 on CN).
  • The Superman(2007-2010; Kids' WB)
  • Titans West(2007-2010; Cartoon Network's Toonami)
  • Hellblazer(2007-2010; Adult Swim AcTN-which ITTL, would mean more than just boring anime that tanks massively in the ratings!)
  • V for Vandetta(2007-2008; Adult Swim)
  • Plastic Man(2008-2012; Kids' WB)
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold(2008-2011; Kids' WB)
  • Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth(2008-2010; Cartoon Network's Friday night fantasy/adventure block-separate from Toonami ITTL).
  • Sandman(2009-2014; Adult Swim}

And this is just for the 2000s!

18 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Holy Pooh's Adventures in Batman, that's a lotta hypotheticals!

"Pooh's Adventures in Batman!?" Eh, couldn't be worse than THIS incomprehensible abomination!! 🙃

Warning: VERY NSFW audio. Headphones strongly recommended in polite company!

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2023 at 11:45 AM, Otakuninja9000 said:

Another thing about DC animation adaptations, in this AU project I'm working on, I'm managing to come up with various ideas for DC adaptations, what I have so far:

• Gotham Girls: The Animated Series(2004-2006; Cartoon Network's Toonami-which in my AU, would continue to air on weekday afternoons in addition to expanding to Saturday nights).
  • Lobo: RAW(2004-2007; Adult Swim-which IMTL, would get significantly more support, main reasons is the AOL merger not happening in my TL as well as a huge merger).
  • Krypto the Superdog
  • Dial H for Hero(2005-2008; Kids' WB/Cartoon Network-replacement for Ben 10)
  • Legion of Superheroes(2006-2009; Kids' WB-which continues after 2008)
  • Aquaman: The Animated Series(2006-2010; Cartoon Network's Toonami block/Friday night fantasy/adventure block-IMTL, Toonami continues after 2008 on CN).
  • The Superman(2007-2010; Kids' WB)
  • Titans West(2007-2010; Cartoon Network's Toonami)
  • Hellblazer(2007-2010; Adult Swim AcTN-which ITTL, would mean more than just boring anime that tanks massively in the ratings!)
  • V for Vandetta(2007-2008; Adult Swim)
  • Plastic Man(2008-2012; Kids' WB)
  • Batman: The Brave and the Bold(2008-2011; Kids' WB)
  • Kamandi: The Last Boy on Earth(2008-2010; Cartoon Network's Friday night fantasy/adventure block-separate from Toonami ITTL).
  • Sandman(2009-2014; Adult Swim}

And this is just for the 2000s!

I like this list a lot. Good job. I am going to add a really wild card one.

An Adult Swim adaption of Soul Plumber (2021-2022). 

ab6f1e6fd7c172ace1485ac0a35ec5fd_xl.jpg.7f88f9ed98f6879fca002e693f3499b3.jpg

It has nothing to do with superheroes, and it was a surprise hit when it came out. At the comic shop I worked at, it was the most requested DC book on the weeks it was released. 

It's definitely not for kids by the way. Imagine Ghostbusters but with a ton of gross-out humor.

• Thanks 1

On 7/8/2023 at 9:13 PM, Icarus27k said:

I like this list a lot. Good job. I am going to add a really wild card one.

Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to respond.

On 7/8/2023 at 9:13 PM, Icarus27k said:

An Adult Swim adaption of Soul Plumber (2021-2022). 

ab6f1e6fd7c172ace1485ac0a35ec5fd_xl.jpg.7f88f9ed98f6879fca002e693f3499b3.jpg

It has nothing to do with superheroes, and it was a surprise hit when it came out. At the comic shop I worked at, it was the most requested DC book on the weeks it was released. 

It's definitely not for kids by the way. Imagine Ghostbusters but with a ton of gross-out humor.

You know, that's a good idea. I'll keep that in mind.

In fact, I might even start a whole thread about this.