UnevenEdge

Production IG x WIT panel at AX July 2 at noon feat. Uzumaki

At minimum this is proof that the project isn't dead but I wont set my hopes too high for what they'll be showing off. That said, mentioning it in the description for this joint panel between Production IG and WIT makes me think it won't be a small tease because that would be a waste of time at a joint panel I would think.

If MAWS runs 12-13 episodes creating an opening on September 30th or October 7th then I feel the odds are 50/50 that we'll see Uzumaki air before either FLCL series this year.

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

At minimum this is proof that the project isn't dead but I wont set my hopes too high for what they'll be showing off. That said, mentioning it in the description for this joint panel between Production IG and WIT makes me think it won't be a small tease because that would be a waste of time at a joint panel I would think.

If MAWS runs 12-13 episodes creating an opening on September 30th or October 7th then I feel the odds are 50/50 that we'll see Uzumaki air before either FLCL series this year.

Last year I think they also teased it in a panel just to give us that excuse reel, so I’m going into this expecting another delay. The only thing worse would be an abrupt cancellation but if they are title dropping it, then it’s safe from that. If they do announce it for October, wonderful. 

At this point in the year without a single peep on either, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to consider a delay for one or both FLCL seasons. The last two had like a 6 month delay, so it’s not unheard of. 

At this point I just want it to come out even if it’s two episodes and is little more than a motion comic.

Considering that Toonami ain’t got no damn money, I don’t see them making some insane project for the hell of it.

Where’s Toonami’s weird take on Captain N?

Edited by Jman

On 6/13/2023 at 8:04 AM, Jman said:

At this point I just want it to come out even if it’s two episodes and is little more than a motion comic.

Considering that Toonami ain’t got no damn money, I don’t see them making some insane project for the hell of it.

Where’s Toonami’s weird take on Captain N?

Funny thing… this is coming from the same character designer and animation studio as My Adventures with Superman, the character designer created LAST MAN too.

• Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, feels like they want to make sure the [as] festival is really juicy, even though ongoing negotiations w/ SAG-AFTRA's contract could make things hairy. We're supposed to find out who's going to be there and such after the 4th of July.

13 minutes ago, Blatch said:

Yeah, feels like they want to make sure the [as] festival is really juicy, even though ongoing negotiations w/ SAG-AFTRA's contract could make things hairy. We're supposed to find out who's going to be there and such after the 4th of July.

Potential strike issues aside, that isn’t necessarily a bad idea.  It keeps Uzumaki from being drowned out in the news about Zom 100 and Panty & Stocking.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, [classic swim] said:

Epic Toonamiguy rant incoming.

D6743521-B66F-4E47-8BBF-B0C8374F7180.gif.8140e8d85649f8ad188cfad00e59f992.gif

Rant? Why? This is exactly what I expected to happen. I have been given nothing to complain about. 

And hey, they didn’t say anything about it NOT meeting this years deadline, so id say we actually came out of this slightly positive. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, [classic swim] said:

Ah darn, I jinxed myself. Just wanted to see you call Demarco a bitch or something.

Well don’t you worry, in a few weeks we will have the AS festival panel and im sure Demarco will find a way to fuck that up and give me something nice and juicy to complain about. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jman said:

Apparently this is how bad the Zaslav write off rumors have gotten.  

Maybe if Maki or Demarco actually said something on the matter this would be good advice. If you delay something year after year and never show any signs of any progress on it, it shouldn’t come as a shock that people start treating it as something that will never release. 

Coming out to the panel and immediately doing damage control like this instead of sharing some actual information certainly doesn’t inspire confidence.