UnevenEdge

Fresh July schedules, MAWS at midnight as expected

46 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Attack on Titan: The Penultimate Installment on the 24th, calling it now.

We can dream. At this point it’s anyone’s guess when it will finally air and/or stream.

As for July 1st and 8th, this is so gunDAM predictable. They really aren’t going to give Toonami an extra wiggle room despite having 11 hours a night.

I knew they weren’t going to spare us from a 2nd half marathon of Unicorn. This is about as bad as how they ran Black Lotus into the ground in a short time… arguably worse.

Edited by Sketch
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sketch said:

We can dream. At this point it’s anyone’s guess when it will finally air and/or stream.

As for July 1st and 8th, this is so gunDAM predictable. They really aren’t going to give Toonami an extra wiggle room despite having 11 hours a night.

I knew they weren’t going to spare us from a 2nd half marathon of Unicorn. This is about as bad as how they ran Black Lotus into the ground in a short time… arguably worse.

I Think it's bullshit that while adultswim keeps getting more time....Toonami sees no benefit from any of that

sometimes i wonder if they just don't think toonami's valuable enough to give it more support than "Here's a few ads during AEW" or "Here air this DC Animated movie for us"

1 hour ago, Sketch said:

Toonami has no source of product.  You can have all the hours in the world, but if you can't logically fill them with anything, what do you really have?  You have Unicorn, and they're going to run that sucker into the ground because they do have it and they're not paying anyone else for it, regardless of how mid its ratings are.  Most of what they have at this point are contracts they directly negotiated with Japan or contracts that were before the Sony buyout of Crunchyroll.  Meanwhile we know DeMarco doesn't care for Sentai's lineup since he wants his perfect show (job seekers call this the "magic unicorn search" where people look for the perfect candidate or the perfect job not realizing the futility of looking for such) and Discotek, bless em, doesn't acquire broadcast rights, or else someone would have logically asked for Gunbuster by now.  So they're stuck.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

Attack on Titan: The Penultimate Installment on the 24th, calling it now.

I’ll throw in on this bet too. Something like this.

12 - UWE

12:30 - AoT

2 - Naruto

2:30 - MHA

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

I Think it's bullshit that while adultswim keeps getting more time....Toonami sees no benefit from any of that

sometimes i wonder if they just don't think toonami's valuable enough to give it more support than "Here's a few ads during AEW" or "Here air this DC Animated movie for us"

Have to agree with Jman, if they can’t fill the time they have, it doesn’t make sense to get more time. They have shown time and again they are not willing to get out of their own way when it comes to show acquisition, can’t run a block with no shows. 

Now, the fact that we can’t even get an hour promotion to set us up at 11-2 is very disappointing still. Give the Toonami fans a break AS, we are getting old. 2am is the new 5am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

I’ll throw in on this bet too. Something like this.

12 - UWE

12:30 - AoT

2 - Naruto

2:30 - MHA

Have to agree with Jman, if they can’t fill the time they have, it doesn’t make sense to get more time. They have shown time and again they are not willing to get out of their own way when it comes to show acquisition, can’t run a block with no shows. 

Now, the fact that we can’t even get an hour promotion to set us up at 11-2 is very disappointing still. Give the Toonami fans a break AS, we are getting old. 2am is the new 5am.

can't fill time if you don't have the money to barter and negotiate with consistently.....A Block run by a small skeleton crew doesn't say "We Can Handle this on our own"

so why keep acting like "This Is Toonami's Own Damn Fault!"  WBD has not given them a better budget to play around with and there's nothing to indicate that they did

Edited by CountFrylock

1 hour ago, CountFrylock said:

can't fill time if you don't have the money to barter and negotiate with consistently.....A Block run by a small skeleton crew doesn't say "We Can Handle this on our own"

so why keep acting like "This Is Toonami's Own Damn Fault!"  WBD has not given them a better budget to play around with and there's nothing to indicate that they did

Even in years past when they had plenty of money they didn’t want to take any risks. More budget is not going to solve that problem, it’s just going to encourage them to chase the typical suspects, which even if they did get them, would ironically put them right back into the same position of likely being under funded. 

• Like 1

Just couldn’t spare a Dr. Stone or One Piece to make up for a week off I guess.

I’m 90% sure it’s a one off but I suppose it does leave them something to fall back on if they don’t have a new show for July 15th. If that happens then I just want them to shift Food Wars down to either 2am or 2:30. It’s just stupidly ironic if this shitty season is the only one they gave two full airings.

But if the beach episode is the only one that repairs, that’s for the best. It’s arguably the best episode of season anyway.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

6/24 was not announced because it will just be looping back to the first episode of Food Wars S5.

Whatever you believe in, pray to him/her/it that this is just a one week stopgap and they aren’t going to do a second run of the season after Superman’s double premier. 

28E6CEE0-044D-4A55-9130-B2C58482817F.png

That’s absolute bull that they couldn’t just air an extra One Piece or Stone

If they go for a full rerun of this and they still don’t have a new show, I don’t know what to think. If it is a one off, they got to know what this looks like 

• Like 3

Oh cool they are actually showing the Superman anime on Toonami after all?  Or is it just one night?

Another marathon really?!

Oh for the love of God please don't rerun Food Wars 5th Plate.  Erina may look really cute with her new look in this season, but it's not worth putting up with the even shittier writing and that rapey creeper Asahi again.

On 6/8/2023 at 1:38 AM, CountFrylock said:

As everyone else said, even with a better budget, the Toonami staff are incompetent and suck at their jobs.  They could get cheaper and more available shows with the budget they have, but they don't want to.  Too busy chasing rainbows.  Or Demarco running his mouth publicly and pissing off the rights holders.

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Oh cool they are actually showing the Superman anime on Toonami after all?  Or is it just one night?

Another marathon really?!

Oh for the love of God please don't rerun Food Wars 5th Plate.  Erina may look really cute with her new look in this season, but it's not worth putting up with the even shittier writing and that rapey creeper Asahi again.

As everyone else said, even with a better budget, the Toonami staff are incompetent and suck at their jobs.  They could get cheaper and more available shows with the budget they have, but they don't want to.  Too busy chasing rainbows.  Or Demarco running his mouth publicly and pissing off the rights holders.

It’s funny, I see some people defending their pickiness.

“They can’t just air ANYTHING!”

”If they don’t get popular shows the ratings will suffer!”

“They don’t have time to research shows and all the popular ones are owned by Sony. Sentai and Viz don’t have anything worthy of airing”

Then, when they work out a deal for a sequel season owned by CR, everyone thinks it means something. But until I see them get a show that isn’t a sequel from when Funimation had the show, I wouldn’t think the relationship has improved. 

I’d rather they try things that are actually obtainable and fail rather than exist like this with constant delays every time they need to get a new show 

Edited by brianycpht

On 6/8/2023 at 3:24 AM, Toonamiguy321 said:

Even in years past when they had plenty of money they didn’t want to take any risks. More budget is not going to solve that problem, it’s just going to encourage them to chase the typical suspects, which even if they did get them, would ironically put them right back into the same position of likely being under funded. 

It's nothing about being picky....There's less people working on the block and less resources going into toonami ....

So They'd Be be low on cash no matter what they acquired....

Edited by CountFrylock

7 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

It's nothing about being picky....There's less people working on the block and less resources going into toonami ....

So They'd Be be low on cash no matter what they acquired....

Staffing and budget has nothing to do with it. At times when the block was in great shape, we saw gaps in the schedule because no sequel or popular shonen was ready to air. 

If they had more budget, they would go out and waste it on something like Demon Slayer S2 or Spy X Family, then we would have a schedule gap again when those shows end because they sunk the entire budget into them. They would never even consider using an extended budget for B list shows from Sentai that would stock the block for a year.