UnevenEdge

Venture Brothers: Radiant is the Blood of the Baboon Heart releases first poster and trailer

Jman

A nationwide manhunt for Hank Venture leads to untold dangers and unexpected revelations, while The Monarch is literally out for Dr Venture’s blood. An imposing evil from the past reemerges to wreak havoc on the Ventures, The Guild, and even the Monarch marriage—it will take friends and foes alike to restore the Ventures’ world to order… or end it once and for all.

yvbu5qyw6l4b1.png

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As psyched as I am to finally get new content/closure, the fact that it's coming out this soon is worrying me. Mostly because I haven't had the time to prep my full-series rewatch yet. I really don't wanna cram it all in at the last minute like I've been known to do in the past...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was thinking about Phantom Limb’s arc in the earlier seasons just days ago.

I get it’s been commented on numerous times, and the show’s gone on to do grander things, but I don’t know. Stuff with him still feels unfinished. I remember he was just starting to grow on me right as the show told him to fuck off.

I’d like to see this film really take him on all over again, but I’m aware that’s raising my hopes too high.

• 3 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Reportedly airing on [as] on September 1st...

https://collider.com/the-venture-bros-movie-release-date-adult-swim

You know, that sort of works. Sort of. I was wondering if they would be able to snag a ballroom during Dragon Con and play the movie on the big screen regardless of the current strike [ they could just have someone introduce the movie and then play it ]. If it's going to be airing on tv, they might still be able to do that but it wouldn't be like it was an exclusive anymore. 

If it's late enough in the schedule, I might still be able to catch it [ depends on what else is going on Friday night and how late the booth is open ]. But I'm still crossing my fingers for a ballroom movie. 

• 2 months later...

Movie discussion got archived, so here works (srsly, archiving serial episodes I get, but.. eh)

Debbie mentioned Rusty took her mom's invisibility and gave it to her, and Debbie gave him "..my stuff I wasn't planning on using using."

Was the implication there that she never wanted kids and gave Rusty her ovaries or eggs or whatever he needed to create his artificial wombs for the boys?

Eh, is fair. I just didn't want to make a new thread for a one-off thought. I get it. Moving things over is tidy. There's really not so many special cases like this where it's a big event more than just a singular episode (since we don't really get movies anymore..). And we all know how rare it is for not-Action to generate any discussion besides..

15 hours ago, rpgamer said:

Movie discussion got archived, so here works (srsly, archiving serial episodes I get, but.. eh)

Debbie mentioned Rusty took her mom's invisibility and gave it to her, and Debbie gave him "..my stuff I wasn't planning on using using."

Was the implication there that she never wanted kids and gave Rusty her ovaries or eggs or whatever he needed to create his artificial wombs for the boys?

Yep, the original Hank and Dean had genetic contributions from two entirely separate people - Debbie and Rusty. Hank got his blonde hair and impulse control issues from his 'mom' genetics while Dean got his darker hair and cautiousness from his 'dad' genetics. They were never pure Rusty clones at all. Rusty likely got her ovaries which would mean he'd only have so many eggs to use for this experiment [ so she wouldn't have to worry about a ton of her genetics running around ]. He got two viable fraternal twins and then pulled cloning material from them at some point when something happened to the originals so he wouldn't lose his kids again.  

• Thanks 1

It does cleanly wrap up the "Why is Hank blond?" question..

But it also caused me to consider.. I suppose you could make a case for that contributing as well to Hank's dichotomy of having delusions of heroism and villainy both. That makes Hank the grandson of Force Majeure. Certainly a plot thread any sequel (or fanfic) could follow up on..

1 hour ago, rpgamer said:

It does cleanly wrap up the "Why is Hank blond?" question..

But it also caused me to consider.. I suppose you could make a case for that contributing as well to Hank's dichotomy of having delusions of heroism and villainy both. That makes Hank the grandson of Force Majeure. Certainly a plot thread any sequel (or fanfic) could follow up on..

Hank and Dean are the grandkids of Force Majeure on one side and Jonas Venture on the other - two mortal enemies during the golden age of costumed villainy and super science adventures. 

• Like 1