UnevenEdge

[adult swim] expands to 7:00 p.m. on May 1

Blatch

Here's an interview that explains things:

So now we have context as to why Unicorn: Warriors Eternal and My Adventures with Superman are making the jump to [as]. Should be really interesting to see how this plays out. Hopefully, with [adult swim jr.] now having came to fruition, kind of, they decide to take on young adult-skewing projects that CN would've either passed on or screwed over in the past.

Bro what, Adult Swim needs less time to fill, not more. They still only have Royal Crackers on deck, and Bobs Burgers is still on its way out. What are they gonna do with an extra hour? More Fox reruns? Then we have Unicorn Warriors, which would actually make sense for that early hour, getting dumped at midnight. 

Can we at least move Toonami to 11-2 so I can get to bed earlier?

3 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

Bro what, Adult Swim needs less time to fill, not more. They still only have Royal Crackers on deck, and Bobs Burgers is still on its way out. What are they gonna do with an extra hour? More Fox reruns? Then we have Unicorn Warriors, which would actually make sense for that early hour, getting dumped at midnight. 

I hope they'll bring Futurama back to a reasonable hour. For a while it's only been on from 4:00 - 5:00 AM. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

If only they would experiment with an hour of Toonami from 7-8 followed by an hour of Futurama...

I much prefer Toonami to all just be in one area. I’d hate to have to get home super early for an hour (unless you meant reruns in which case wouldn’t matter to me), then have to occupy 2-3 hours waiting for Toonami to come back. Much rather just see the entire block itself move up an hour.

Toonami definitely should get the 11pm hour. Right now Saturday 8pm-12am is 4 Hills, 3 Dads and a Rick. They clearly have nothing they can use to fill another hour before Toonami. I mean yes they could air Futurama but they’ll need that for weeknights. Just let Toonami start earlier and finish at 2am if they are still strapped for acquisitions.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sketch said:

Toonami definitely should get the 11pm hour. Right now Saturday 8pm-12am is 4 Hills, 3 Dads and a Rick. They clearly have nothing they can use to fill another hour before Toonami. I mean yes they could air Futurama but they’ll need that for weeknights. Just let Toonami start earlier and finish at 2am if they are still strapped for acquisitions.

I would really love to see them move Toonami up to the 11pm hour. Even air some old reruns that they still have access to if that is at all possible. GitS, Bebop or whatever they can rerun late in the morning. 

Or just 11pm - 2am and then maybe rerun the block from 2am - 5am like they used to do back in the day. 

Doubt it will happen but I can dream. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

this is what I'm wondering....adultswim doesn't have enough content for them to be adding more time to it's schedule

7 hours ago, Jman said:

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

I fully expect a lot of these Adult Swim Jr. action cartoons to go sideways, but they really don't have any other options.

That tweet isn’t quite accurate. SBT, and anything else that’s written off is still dead forever. I believe I may have read at one point that maybe SBT could come back, but Genndy would have to get it on an entirely different network. And that’s not gonna happen. 

I hope if they have long term plans for this change, they start bringing in some other animators. Genndy’s artstyle gets old quick when it’s all you see. 

6 hours ago, CountFrylock said:

this is what I'm wondering....adultswim doesn't have enough content for them to be adding more time to it's schedule

They barely use Futurama and mostly relegate it to 4am, so they can definitely use that.

BTW this is the weeknight schedule starting in April, only 2 hours are encores from earlier in the night and all encores happen after 3am so Futurama is the only show that’s stuck amongst encores but if it’s in primetime in May then it will no longer be the odd man out.

8:00-9:30 - King of the Hill x 3

9:30-10:30 - Bob’s Burgers x 2

10:30-12 -.American Dad x 3 / Royal Crackers on Monday at 10:30

12:00-1:00  Rick & Morty x 2

1:00 The Boondocks

1:30 Mike Tyson Mysteries x 2

2:00 Aqua Unit Patrol Squad 1 x 2

2:30 Robot Chicken x 2

3:00 Rick & Morty encore / Royal Crackers on Monday

3:30 Rick & Morty encore

4:00-5:00 Futurama x 2

5:00-6:00 Bob’s Burgers x 2 encore

It’s interesting. Saturday was the only night of Adult Swim that regularly made use of the 2am hour for something other than encores but that looks to be changing.