UnevenEdge

Justin Roiland domestic abuse case dismissed

Jman

1 hour ago, MasqueradeOverture said:

Not sure if it matters when there's a bunch of other shit he's pegged for via screenshots and internal investigations.

Adult Swim was 100% OK ignoring all that stuff and pretending it didn’t happen. The entire reason they cut ties with him was because of mounting pressure that was triggered by the formal charges. And now that the charges are dropped, the legitimacy of all claims against him will come into question. 

This whole debacle is going to be more entertaining to watch than the average R&M episode in recent years. I have no doubt AS will try to get him back since they need him, but Roiland will be able to ask for the world in return, and weaponize the fanbase if he doesn’t get it. 

• D'oh 1

Hm, interesting, though I cannot say that I did not have a suspicion that this would be the result of the domestic charges.

Roiland seems to feel vindicated based on his statement. But I wish he would have made a more direct comment on the grooming allegations. Maybe he will in the future. Looks as though he is going to try and get back to some of his projects.

Reddit and Twitter seem to mostly still hate the guy, but I guess that is to be expected. Not sure how many of the fans that subgroup represents but I do not think it is a majority. 

My current opinion given this development is that a lot of people will not see this as a sign if innocence since the charges were only dropped due to lack of evidence. Does that mean they will care? Who knows. In terms of the DM's and gross comments he has made on podcast's ect., I am not sure how to feel. Anyone can fake anything on the internet and maybe some of the comments were in jest or to purposely rile people up but on the other hand they seem to be coming from many sources. If they are true then he is definitely gross but at the same time it might not be true. 

I guess we will have to further wait for more info to come out, if any, and wait to get a better gauge of general public opinion. 

As to whether [as] tries to bring him back or not, IDK. I thought they were already working on the next season without him. Does he have any legal recourse in those regards? Will he just collect money off of it and sit back uninvolved? If they do try and bring him back it seems that he will indeed have the upper hand..

7 hours ago, Daos said:

How can this be.... we don't like him so that means he's guilty right???

If being a jerk was illegal, prisons would be even more crowded.

I'll say this much, if Adult Swim and Hulu don't want Roiland back, expect one of the major streamers like Apple TV to acquire his services.  Also, Rick and Morty style shows will continue.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, atomicinumatt said:

Hm, interesting, though I cannot say that I did not have a suspicion that this would be the result of the domestic charges.

Roiland seems to feel vindicated based on his statement. But I wish he would have made a more direct comment on the grooming allegations. Maybe he will in the future. Looks as though he is going to try and get back to some of his projects.

Reddit and Twitter seem to mostly still hate the guy, but I guess that is to be expected. Not sure how many of the fans that subgroup represents but I do not think it is a majority. 

My current opinion given this development is that a lot of people will not see this as a sign if innocence since the charges were only dropped due to lack of evidence. Does that mean they will care? Who knows. In terms of the DM's and gross comments he has made on podcast's ect., I am not sure how to feel. Anyone can fake anything on the internet and maybe some of the comments were in jest or to purposely rile people up but on the other hand they seem to be coming from many sources. If they are true then he is definitely gross but at the same time it might not be true. 

I guess we will have to further wait for more info to come out, if any, and wait to get a better gauge of general public opinion. 

As to whether [as] tries to bring him back or not, IDK. I thought they were already working on the next season without him. Does he have any legal recourse in those regards? Will he just collect money off of it and sit back uninvolved? If they do try and bring him back it seems that he will indeed have the upper hand..

Well this is why you wait for evidence before making decisions. I'm not sure how that became such a controversial point of view. He was charged with a count of domestic battery with corporal injury. This is pretty easy to prove usually. If the police show up and the gf has a big shiner on her eye, then it's pretty difficult to worm your way out of that. But for some reason, evidence never got released, and may never get released.

The second charge was false imprisonment. This is very hard to prove unless he had her chained in his basement. She can argue false imprisonment by "menace" meaning that he basically said something along the lines of "If you leave my house I'll kill you" but without actual evidence this is just he said she said type stuff.

So the question is... can Roiland sue for wrongful dismissal and all that jazz. He can try, but he'll probably lose. All the companies that canned him can simply say "After the troubling allegations of domestic violence surfaced we did a full investigation and found severe and constant behavioral problems with Roiland that were grounds for dismissal. These include refusing to show up for work, repeated sexual harassment of female coworkers and generally disruptive behavior." 

I doubt they'll let him work on the show again.

1 hour ago, Daos said:

Well this is why you wait for evidence before making decisions. I'm not sure how that became such a controversial point of view. He was charged with a count of domestic battery with corporal injury. This is pretty easy to prove usually. If the police show up and the gf has a big shiner on her eye, then it's pretty difficult to worm your way out of that. But for some reason, evidence never got released, and may never get released.

The second charge was false imprisonment. This is very hard to prove unless he had her chained in his basement. She can argue false imprisonment by "menace" meaning that he basically said something along the lines of "If you leave my house I'll kill you" but without actual evidence this is just he said she said type stuff.

So the question is... can Roiland sue for wrongful dismissal and all that jazz. He can try, but he'll probably lose. All the companies that canned him can simply say "After the troubling allegations of domestic violence surfaced we did a full investigation and found severe and constant behavioral problems with Roiland that were grounds for dismissal. These include refusing to show up for work, repeated sexual harassment of female coworkers and generally disruptive behavior." 

I doubt they'll let him work on the show again.

Well I have withheld any real opinions or beliefs until now, and even so, left them rather vague. I even mentioned that we will have to wait for more information, if any, to come to light. 

I do agree thought, that if [as] and others do not want Roiland back, but he tried to sue, that he will probably lose. But you never know. I am curious if [as] tries to get him back but I doubt that. I think they are already moving forward without him. 

I doubt Adult Swim wants him back. Maybe if it were just these allegations but the only way to save even a little face, considering the workplace behavioral issues, is to stick by the choice.

It looks real bad that they only fired him after his awful behavior came out publicly rather than dealing with it while still entirely internal. Bringing him back now would be further doubling down on actions they're already under fire for.

Regardless of abuse allegations, his actions behind the scenes sound like plenty of reason to have dropped him well before the allegations became public.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2023 at 7:07 AM, Jman said:

If being a jerk was illegal, prisons would be even more crowded.

I'll say this much, if Adult Swim and Hulu don't want Roiland back, expect one of the major streamers like Apple TV to acquire his services.  Also, Rick and Morty style shows will continue.

Someone doesn't have to break the law for you to fire them, either.  The guy is enough of a problem even being "a law abiding citizen."  Also just because charges were dropped doesn't mean he didn't do it.  Just means the prosecution wasn't confident in their case and didn't want to waste time and taxpayer money.

The guy is a sex pest jerk and I don't need to hear from him ever again after this is he never returns to Adult Swim.

Also Rick & Morty and those style of shows are terrible.  Talk about tryhard and thinking your show is smart and clever when it isn't.  It's based on pop culture references and "parody" and is annoying as fuck.  I hope the show gets more ruined for its annoying fanbase and we get a better flagship for Adult Swim.

Edited by ben0119

2 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Someone doesn't have to break the law for you to fire them, either.  The guy is enough of a problem even being "a law abiding citizen."  Also just because charges were dropped doesn't mean he didn't do it.  Just means the prosecution wasn't confident in their case and didn't want to waste time and taxpayer money.

The guy is a sex pest jerk and I don't need to hear from him ever again after this is he never returns to Adult Swim.

Also Rick & Morty and those style of shows are terrible.  Talk about tryhard and thinking your show is smart and clever when it isn't.  It's based on pop culture references and "parody" and is annoying as fuck.  I hope the show gets more ruined for its annoying fanbase and we get a better flagship for Adult Swim.

Honestly I have a feeling he paid her off. They were charging him with domestic violence with corporal injury, which is super easy to prove. How did these charges last since 2020 with no easily verifiable injury for the corporal injury charge?

He can sue for wrongful dismissal due to the timing of the dismissal. He will probably lose, but might be able to extract a settlement instead of going to court.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2023 at 5:07 PM, Daos said:

Honestly I have a feeling he paid her off. They were charging him with domestic violence with corporal injury, which is super easy to prove. How did these charges last since 2020 with no easily verifiable injury for the corporal injury charge?

He can sue for wrongful dismissal due to the timing of the dismissal. He will probably lose, but might be able to extract a settlement instead of going to court.

Why do these women keep taking the pay offs for this stuff?  Money isn't a consequence to guys rich as him.  That's why they keep pulling the crap.  Reminds me of Vince McMahon.

Oh good, so the drama and BS will only continue, then.