UnevenEdge

One state on tobacco use

Walter Von Moo Moo

The law is very simple on indoor tobacco use in business establishments.  When the mainstay of the business is food or merchandise, smoking is prohibited by state law.  When it's a bar serving alcohol, smoking is allowed unless the management says otherwise.

Result:  When you want a smoke free dinner, you got it.  When you want to shop for clothes, groceries, appliances, etc. without a cloud of smoke hovering around your head, you got it.  When you want to sit at a bar and guzzle eleven quarts of beer without seeing a dirty ash tray every ten feet, you got it as long as you go to one of the many clean air friendly establishments.

If you wanna stay out all night, being a drunken, hot boxing sot, you got it.

Everybody's happy.  There's no push for a 100% smoking ban.  You don't see self entitled bozos who insist on having all the rules changed just for them.

That's the best model.

16 minutes ago, Raptorpat said:

Well if he can keep playing victim if he doesn't put in like a bare minimum of effort to make his topics worth discussing beyond troll drama, because I'm just going to roll them all into one megathread where we don't have to read them.

Packard doesn't want a discussion, he wants attention. 

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, stilgar said:

Packard doesn't want a discussion, he wants attention. 

You can't get any more current than what is going on at this particular moment.  

I think more people would be happy if every state followed this model because it leaves more choices up to the individuals, rather than having things dictated from behind a desk.

7 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

I think more people would be happy if every state followed this model because it leaves more choices up to the individuals, rather than having things dictated from behind a desk.

what state Packard?!!!

• Thanks 1
  • D'oh 1

18 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

This post would make more sense if you ever showed any level of the same outrage at all the bills and laws and general bullshit out there that basically diminish the rights of large chunks of people to get medical services, vote, read books/go to the library without being assaulted, or just exist in general. 

Further, you don't go to bars as a proud recovering alcoholic so sit your smoking butt down on a bench somewhere. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, katt_goddess said:

This post would make more sense if you ever showed any level of the same outrage at all the bills and laws and general bullshit out there that basically diminish the rights of large chunks of people to get medical services, vote, read books/go to the library without being assaulted, or just exist in general. 

Further, you don't go to bars as a proud recovering alcoholic so sit your smoking butt down on a bench somewhere. 

If I want to sit there all day, drinking coffee, that's what I'll do.

1676175619020~2.jpg

Edited by Walter Von Moo Moo
  • D'oh 2

37 minutes ago, Walter Von Moo Moo said:

Why?  Just so you can throw more money at the state's anti smoking lobby?

This is a forum, not a blog. There have been significant changes since you were last here which have improved the atmosphere, and our patience for your brand of nonsense is limited.

If you don't actually want to talk about whatever the news item was that triggered this and just want to ramble your political opinion on something you won't actually articulate so that other people can talk about the substance, then I think we're done here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6