UnevenEdge

Hey look, an act of right-wing domestic terrorism, the thread [with occasional mentions of international right-wing acts of terrorism when they occur and are relevant to American domestic terrorism due to overlap in terrorist organizations]

SwimModSponges

Love how everyone is pussy footing around what this was.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/05/us/power-outage-moore-county-investigation-monday/index.html

FBI joins investigation into North Carolina power outage caused by ‘intentional’ attacks on substations

With no suspects or motive announced, the FBI is joining the investigation into power outages in a North Carolina county believed to have been caused by “intentional” and “targeted” attacks on substations that left around 40,000 customers in the dark Saturday night, prompting a curfew and emergency declaration.

[...]

The person, or persons, who did this knew exactly what they were doing,” Moore County Sheriff Ronnie Fields said during a Sunday news conference.

[...]

Fields said multiple rounds were fired at the two substations. “It was targeted, it wasn’t random,” he said.

In addition to the gunfire damage at the substations, a gate at one of the locations appears to have been taken off its hinges, Asst. Chief Mike Cameron of the Southern Pines Fire and Rescue Department told CNN.

While it’s unclear what motivated the alleged vandalism, the sheriff on Sunday addressed rumors circulating on social media that the attack was an attempt to thwart a local drag show.

"Alleged vandalism".

Just like jingo called the club q murder the "alleged shooter".

Lets all fall all over ourselves to pretend that domestic terrorism isnt happening at an increased pace.

"It can never happen here", right?

Right?

Yeah, we're 100% safe.

image.png.9d7d865f11d27499344b207fd08a4027.png

Edited by SwimModSponges
  • Like 1
  • D'oh 1

27 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Love how everyone is pussy footing around what this was.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/05/us/power-outage-moore-county-investigation-monday/index.html

"Alleged vandalism".

Just like jingo called the club q murder the "alleged shooter".

Lets all fall all over ourselves to pretend that domestic terrorism isnt happening at an increased pace.

Right?

Yeah, we're 100% safe.

image.png.9d7d865f11d27499344b207fd08a4027.png

No one is making any of those claims man, it just wasn't a mass shooting... otherwise, it's quite a harrowing situation that need to be taken into account with all other hate crimes. We are agreed on that sentiment.

• Thanks 3

Aight, ill admit, in the interests of not clogging up the folder with every news story about domestic terrorism, i figured itd be best to put it into the megathread where i figured it sort of fit- just like i posted the news about trump owing North Korea nearly $20 million in the Trump FBI thread.

Im sorry i love efficiencies.

9 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Aight, ill admit, in the interests of not clogging up the folder with every news story about domestic terrorism, i figured itd be best to put it into the megathread where i figured it sort of fit- just like i posted the news about trump owing North Korea nearly $20 million in the Trump FBI thread.

Im sorry i love efficiencies.

I'm going to reply to this in TD so we don't come back to another thread wipe 

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

I don't think anyone who's not a boomer says or thinks that. I do greatly appreciate you posting about this tho. Somehow it wasn't trending on Elon Musk's twitter.

Edited by Poofy

Threats to government and law enforcement is domestic terrorism. what happened in Moore county is going to be considered domestic extremism based off the federal law enforcement definition making it not as high a priority than if it was domestic terrorism. That’s fucked up. 40k people don’t have power because some terrorists wanted to stop a drag show. Which they did. I hope North Carolina doesn’t get too cold before the power gets fixed. People will also die from medical complications brought on by medical machinery losing power 

4 minutes ago, 1pooh4u said:

some terrorists wanted to stop a drag show. Which they did. 

Good news- they didn't!

The drag show went on with flashlights.

Fuck the fascists.

For real though, America's electrical infrastructure is an incredibly soft target. Ted Koppel wrote a book about it.

It'd only take attacks at 20 different locations to take down america's electricity.

For years.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Good news- they didn't!

The drag show went on with flashlights.

Fuck the fascists.

For real though, America's electrical infrastructure is an incredibly soft target. Ted Koppel wrote a book about it.

It'd only take attacks at 20 different locations to take down america's electricity.

For years.

Glad the show went on anyway 

I believe it. I remember the Northeastern blackout of 2003 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, André Toulon said:

No one is making any of those claims man, it just wasn't a mass shooting... otherwise, it's quite a harrowing situation that need to be taken into account with all other hate crimes. We are agreed on that sentiment.

Shit, sorry, I should have addressed this too-

I was referring to the goddamn media that always pussyfoots around fascist terrorism.

Every single story you see calls this thing "alleged vandalism" and that shit is goofy as fuck.

• Like 1
  • D'oh 1

Does it count if it's in Germany? 

Because Q was gonna do a coup over there.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63885028

The group of far-right and ex-military figures are said to have prepared for a "Day X" to storm the Reichstag parliament building and seize power.

A man named as Heinrich XIII, from an old aristocratic family, is alleged to have been central to their plans.

[...]

The plotters are said to include members of the extremist Reichsbürger [Citizens of the Reich] movement, which has long been in the sights of German police over violent attacks and racist and antisemitic conspiracy theories. [...] Other suspects came from the QAnon movement who believe their country is in the hands of a mythical "deep state" involving secret powers pulling the political strings.

[...]

Justice Minister Marco Buschmann tweeted that a suspected "armed attack on constitutional bodies was planned". Ms Faeser said later that the investigation would peer into the "abyss of a terrorist threat from the Reichsbürger scene".

The federal prosecutor's office said the group had been plotting a violent coup since November 2021 and members of its central "Rat" (council) had since held regular meetings.

[...]

Aristocrat 'fuelled by conspiracy theories'

Heinrich XIII styles himself as a prince and comes from an old noble family known as the House of Reuss, which ruled over parts of the modern eastern state of Thuringia until 1918. All the male members of the family were given the name Heinrich as well as a number.

Descendants still own a few castles and Heinrich himself is said to have a hunting lodge at Bad Lobenstein in Thuringia.

The rest of the family have long distanced themselves from the minor aristocrat, with one spokesman telling local broadcaster MDR during the summer that Heinrich was an "at times confused" man who had fallen for "misconceptions fuelled by conspiracy theories".

As well as a shadow government, the plotters allegedly had plans for a military arm run by a second ringleader identified as Rüdiger von P.

They were made up of active and former members of the military, officials believe, and included ex-elite soldiers from special units. The aim of the military arm was to eliminate democratic bodies at local level, prosecutors said.

Rüdiger von P is suspected of trying to recruit police officers in northern Germany and of having an eye on army barracks too. Bases in the states of Hesse, Baden-Württemberg and Bavaria were all inspected for possible use after the government was overthrown, officials said.

One of those under investigation had been a member of the Special Commando Forces, and police searched his home and his room at the Graf-Zeppelin military base in Calw, south-west of Stuttgart.

Another suspect has been identified as Vitalia B, a Russian woman who was asked to approach Moscow on Heinrich's behalf. The Russian embassy in Berlin said in a statement that it did not "maintain contacts with representatives of terrorist groups and other illegal entities".

Several violent attacks have been linked to Germany's far-right in recent years. In 2020, a 43-year-old man shot dead nine people of foreign origin in the western town of Hanau, and a Reichsbürger member was jailed for killing a policeman in 2016.

24 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

Honestly I love  the efficiency and names with numbers at the end are usually pretty badass.

Yeah, but it must be awful hearing your name and still being the wrong Heinrich in your own house.  Maybe they just go by their numbers... which would be even worse.

5 hours ago, 1pooh4u said:

Yeah Trump is definitely trying to rile his base up and he will. His base, paid $99 for poorly photoshopped jpegs of Trump. Sold out in a matter of hours (and no, I doubt they were all purchased by Trump) They’ll definitely fight for him again.  

From what i understand, 20% or so were purchased by one specific individual, who is likely in Trump’s orbit.

I mean its obvious the whole thing is a con, but its pretty likely that they're also manipulating the market on those cards, in addition to just generally all the other scammy parts of selling NFTs.

Also apparently NFTs are incredible for money laundering.

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

From what i understand, 20% or so were purchased by one specific individual, who is likely in Trump’s orbit.

I mean its obvious the whole thing is a con, but its pretty likely that they're also manipulating the market on those cards, in addition to just generally all the other scammy parts of selling NFTs.

Also apparently NFTs are incredible for money laundering.

I’m not doubting he or his galaxy of shit people didn’t buy any but I definitely think his base definitely purchased them too. Even if a third of the NFTs were purchased by his cult, it’s still a lot in my mind. Some of the images still have the stock image water mark on them so I have no doubt it’s a grift but the people loving Trump keep allowing themselves to be taken. They’ll fight for him. Democracy as we know it probably doesn’t have much longer 

• 2 weeks later...