UnevenEdge

orthodontics

Raptorpat

On 6/1/2023 at 10:40 PM, Raptorpat said:

I got bamboozled yesterday

FALSE ALARM

apparently six months ago I scheduled a routine cleaning appointment for last week, and have the actual orthodontic appointment next week

(how embarrassing)

• Haha 2

I once had a doctor appt scheduled for 10am (I think) one morning. The appointment time was printed out on a piece of paper that they gave me.

I go to my appt, and all the nurses/receptionists treated me like absolute shit because they didn’t have me scheduled for that day, even though it was the same day that was shown on the piece of paper they gave me. I didn’t bring that piece of paper to my appt because…who does that?

But I digress. This post actually has absolutely nothing to do with orthodontics. I just wanted to vent a little.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

They gave me four sets of the same retainer, but they were a little vague on getting replacements after that. So I have no idea how to like ration them out.

23 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

they filed off my cement nubs yesterday and gave me my permanent retainer, which I gotta wear 24/7 for six months, and then for sleeping every night until I died

no word on @molarbear's nub though

nub is nub yo!

it's chilling like its suppose to... I hope

Also try those denture cleaning tablets that you drop in a glass of water to clean your retainers... possibly

That's what they had me use for my upper one... the bottom one was/is still glued in on the back of my lower front teeth

• 2 months later...

Not really related, but I just tried to schedule a first pediatric dentist appointment.

There's a place right down the street that has a bunch of high reviews, their website says they're in-network. So I call them, they call me back and start inputting my info. Then "we accept that insurance but we're out-of-network so there will be an additional upfront cost we can't calculate, you may want to talk to your insurance." That doesn't make sense but I'm also dumb, so I call the insurance and they confirm at least some of the providers at that office are in-network and they offered to call the office with me on the line and sort it out. Well sure, first time any insurance person ever tried to do something helpful for me.

So she calls over, they pick up, she starts explaining her bit, the receptionist asks her if I'm an existing patient but realizes I'm on the line too, and then abruptly says "we don't do conference calls." I offered to drop from the call so they could talk business or whatever and no one replied, then insurance lady realizes we got hung up on and I was talking to nobody. So me and insurance lady were just kind of sitting there shocked for a minute at how rude that was and I got angrier and angrier as it set in, so we both agreed that I'll just find a different pediatric dentist.

idk maybe they have a rational reason for refusing insurance/patient conference calls, but had to vent that out so I didn't write a mean Karen review on their google page

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Raptorpat said:

Not really related, but I just tried to schedule a first pediatric dentist appointment.

There's a place right down the street that has a bunch of high reviews, their website says they're in-network. So I call them, they call me back and start inputting my info. Then "we accept that insurance but we're out-of-network so there will be an additional upfront cost we can't calculate, you may want to talk to your insurance." That doesn't make sense but I'm also dumb, so I call the insurance and they confirm at least some of the providers at that office are in-network and they offered to call the office with me on the line and sort it out. Well sure, first time any insurance person ever tried to do something helpful for me.

So she calls over, they pick up, she starts explaining her bit, the receptionist asks her if I'm an existing patient but realizes I'm on the line too, and then abruptly says "we don't do conference calls." I offered to drop from the call so they could talk business or whatever and no one replied, then insurance lady realizes we got hung up on and I was talking to nobody. So me and insurance lady were just kind of sitting there shocked for a minute at how rude that was and I got angrier and angrier as it set in, so we both agreed that I'll just find a different pediatric dentist.

idk maybe they have a rational reason for refusing insurance/patient conference calls, but I had to vent that out so I didn't write a mean Karen review on their google page

Sure

We all know the real update you're waiting on

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...