UnevenEdge

toonami will be airing with less ads once lupin starts(10/8)

Well, that’s a strange experiment. I guess I’m programming the DVR manually this week cause there’s no way it’s going to be able to handle this. 

I wonder if maybe next week we are going to see the block airing full OPs and EDs all night long. I assume they couldn’t pull that together for tonight, but that’s what the extra time is being set aside for. 

• Like 1

Adult Swim has been crunching credits and speeding up shows for more ad-space and now they’re cutting back on ads for more shorts and other stuff. They kept a strict ad-space for 21 years on Adult Swim and only now are they running less ads. Very curious.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Maybe they got the Made in Abyss movie and they're testing the waters to see how limited commercials work on the network because no self-respecting company wants to run ads during it... :P

This would be amazing haha get Dawn of the Deep Soul on the block with limit ads. 

It may be a long shot but I still have hope that they will get S2 and maybe even the movie. 

• Like 1

This could be something, or it could be a red herring and they're actually doing it to fit a bonus rerun at the end of the block... maybe Ghost in the Shell or something. I do like the idea of less ads on the block, but it makes me wonder how the bumps are going to work.

4 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

It’s a bizarre choice on their part to just cut down adtime in response to this. I’d more expect them to put their adspace on a deep discount just to fill it in. Some money is better than no money. 

It is a little worrisome to see this article and see Toonami is the first place they are cutting ads from. Commercials suck but those are what justify the blocks existence. This is essentially them stating Toonami adspace is worth almost nothing 

41 minutes ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It’s a bizarre choice on their part to just cut down adtime in response to this. I’d more expect them to put their adspace on a deep discount just to fill it in. Some money is better than no money. 

It is a little worrisome to see this article and see Toonami is the first place they are cutting ads from. Commercials suck but those are what justify the blocks existence. This is essentially them stating Toonami adspace is worth almost nothing 

WBD is in "Save Money" Mode they aren't wanting to save the advertisers money and are sticking to how much they charge them for ad-space...even if the advertisers refuse to pay

and i suppose they went this direction because to them yes The Toonami Ad-Space may as well be worth nothing given the type of ads that usually fill each commercial break

playing devil's advocate here for a moment....have you ever paid attention to the commercials that air during the toonami block?

they can get rather weird and repetitive after awhile(i remember that time where it seemed like every ad break it was hot pockets shoved in our face)

4 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

And yet it DOESN'T seem to be happening. Lupin ended at about the normal time and One Piece began then too.

What the HELL is going on!? Now my recordings are gonna be ALL screwed up!

yeah i was expecting a lack of commercials after lupin but that wasn't the case....

So this ended up being a big fat nothingburger. Every show aired about 1-2 minutes late because of HCC being 25 mins long with a full OP/ED. There was some music thing early in the night but it does not seem to have mattered. I also caught a single ad that repeated 4 times in a row. 

So uh, thanks for screwing up everyone’s DVRs for nothing AS. Very cool 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, OwlChemist81 said:

Rick & Morty

Well, yeah, I knew what they were doing last night. But I figured it could be a precursor to cramming an extra slot in.

So my DVR recording of Lupin may have been fucked up, though I have it set to record the last minute before and first one after each show, so maybe I got it up to the ending credits.

19 hours ago, Toonamiguy321 said:

It is a little worrisome to see this article and see Toonami is the first place they are cutting ads from.

Mitty, did you not say on Twitter that you've already noticed a decrease in ads? 

Edited by korosu