UnevenEdge

The Fed seeing to curb inflation by encouraging unemployment conditions

matrixman124

I  couldn’t finish the article because I was getting enraged.  To purposefully put people through hard times because people have more spending $ from the child tax credits and workers getting the upper hand over employers? Corporations and business owners can’t have a society that isn’t struggling gotta make you spend that extra $ despite receiving record profits.  
This would never happen when corporations farmers and other businesses get free money through subsidies and bail outs. This is capitalism and this is what seems fair to people cuz Heaven knows the poor and middle class get shit on and blamed for inflation but love giving more $ to those that don’t need it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If you'll indulge me in a Family Guy-type setup, this reminds me of the time where I applied to work part time at an ammunition plant right as *gestures wildly* everything the last 2.5 years started happening, and by the time I started trying to figure out whether to contact the plant or the hiring agency, unemployment magically went from "Half of what I could make working there weekly" to "TWICE what I could make working there weekly."

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SwimModSponges said:

... are people currently not struggling? 

Because i was under the impression that we were struggling. 

According to every republican currently running for office, the economy is tanking and it's everyone else's fault but theirs and that's all you should think about when going to the polls. :| 

Everyone around here is hiring and hiring hard but what few applications we actually get in might as well be written in crayon. -.-; 

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

... are people currently not struggling? 

Because i was under the impression that we were struggling. 

They are but because we’re in the union’s are making a comeback timeline along with people getting child tax credits increasing wages in some sectors resulting in people saving money for once and not spending every penny on rent, businesses can’t have that. Better to inflate the cost of everything not hire anyone and fire the ones making the most money so we can all hear the right bitch about welfare queens on unemployment despite it being by design. 

• Like 5

You know what, though?

There are too many jobs.

There are 5 sub shops between me and the highway.

Gas-station Subway, Jimmy Johns, Erberts&Gerberts, strip-mall Subway, Cousins subs. Firehouse subs opening this winter I think.

You know who eats all these subs?

People on their lunch break working at McDonalds, Burger King, Culvers, Arbies, (no Hardees anymore), taco bell, taco johns, Q'doba...

Every single one of these buildings directly next to or across from eachother on the 4-lane stroad has help-wanted signs and reduced hours because everyone's working everywhere else.

And they just keep adding more.

Every single fast-food restaurant is an inexorable trap, transferring the capital directly from the workers into the  coffers of the elite, man.

1 hour ago, SwimModSponges said:

You know what, though?

There are too many jobs.

There are 5 sub shops between me and the highway.

Gas-station Subway, Jimmy Johns, Erberts&Gerberts, strip-mall Subway, Cousins subs. Firehouse subs opening this winter I think.

You know who eats all these subs?

People on their lunch break working at McDonalds, Burger King, Culvers, Arbies, (no Hardees anymore), taco bell, taco johns, Q'doba...

Every single one of these buildings directly next to or across from eachother on the 4-lane stroad has help-wanted signs and reduced hours because everyone's working everywhere else.

And they just keep adding more.

Every single fast-food restaurant is an inexorable trap, transferring the capital directly from the workers into the  coffers of the elite, man.

There are too many jobs that aren't paid a livable wage. Not enough jobs with a livable wage.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

So my wife is an accountant at the university and was on the selection committee to hire more people, because they're short as hell too.

One of the resumes consisted of one line- "i have been a stay at home mom for 26 years and i would like to work at your university thank you."

She'll get the job here. I heard a commercial where they are hiring phlebotomists with 0 experience and otj training....I don't know much about being one but otj training seems lazy to me for someone drawing vital fluids from humans.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, SwimModSponges said:

So my wife is an accountant at the university and was on the selection committee to hire more people, because they're short as hell too.

One of the resumes consisted of one line- "i have been a stay at home mom for 26 years and i would like to work at your university thank you."

We got one where every job they'd had they lasted maybe a month tops and they were all things like dishwasher and stocker.

The job they wanted [ which isn't even one that we have as an opening ] was 'Management' . :|

There was another where they claimed they were currently attending 'colledge studing cooding' . Shit you not. And yes, English was their first language. If their supposed education had listed anything from overseas, I wouldn't have cared to remember all the mis-spellings because English is a stupid language. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2