UnevenEdge

Somethings going on in China, maybe

Master-Debater131

Something might be going on with the leadership in China.  There's rumors all over the place that there may have been either a successful coup or a coup attempt. Supposedly Winny the Pooh (Xi) was removed as the head of the PLA as part of some sort of internal power struggle.  Absolutely none of this is confirmed anywhere, but it does appear that something may be happening in China.

Most of the sources on this are pretty weak but it may be worth keeping an eye on. Or it may be nothing at all and we will wake up to another story of Xi threatening Taiwan and locking down the country in his Zero Covid policy.

https://www.newsweek.com/xi-jinping-house-arrest-china-military-coup-rumors-1746014

Edited by Master-Debater131

Stuff has been going on for a bit. 

From what I remember(And I'm going to try to simplify this), the real estate bubble burst from mismanagement and corruption.
A large percentage of the population invested in real estate and many projects were never finished.
Invested money for unfinished projects were being used in other projects.
That population started to wise up and started to take money out of their banks to block payments.
This is bad for China's economy and their government had no backup plan for such an event.
Banks started to deny withdraws so citizens can't access their money.

Of course all of the censorship and human rights violations definitely doesn't help but I think this may have been the tipping point.

If I got any details wrong or you would like to add some, feel free to speak up.

Edit: Added an important word.

Edited by Sieg67

5 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

From what I remember(And I'm going to try to simplify this), the real estate bubble burst from mismanagement and corruption.
A large percentage of the population invested in real estate and many projects were never finished.
That population started to wise up and started to take money out of their banks to block payments.
This is bad for China's economy and their government had backup plan for such an event.

Of course all of the censorship and human rights violations definitely doesn't help but I think this may have been the tipping point.

If I got any details wrong or you would like to add some, feel free to speak up.

China is frugal. Except with Athletics, Academics and Aeronautics. A crevice to be stuck in for the lucky people it employs. More people in the villages than it would take for a successful coup. From a grass roots standpoint.

5 hours ago, Sieg67 said:

This is bad for China's economy and their government had backup plan for such an event.

Ah yes, the classic "This investment is never ever ever going to go down in value"

*investment goes down in value*

"Oh crap wait"

• Thanks 1

Forget to mention China's lending habits.  China likes to lend money to whatever country asks for it.  They do this so they can nab valuable resources and assets when countries can't pay the debt.  Basically loan sharks.
China has now lent so much money to so many different countries that it's not returning investments quickly enough which is also hurting their economy.

There are a couple of more shady details but I believe that's the gist of it.

Edited by Sieg67

9 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Was Newsweek also confirmed to be the NYPost in disguise?

Its fairly garbage most of the time.  It was the only source I could find that wasnt an outright blog.  I sorta figured the story was crap, but it was worth flagging just in case it actually was true.

Oh well, Winny the Pooh survives another day.

• Haha 2