UnevenEdge

One Piece Episodes 579-580 Discussion

0ed95b2dd7ebb073a4f48c0acb722665.jpg?fit=1200%2C844&ssl=1

Episode 579: Arriving! A Burning Island: Punk Hazard!

&

Episode 580: A Battle in the Heat! Luffy vs. the Giant Dragon!

A Shocking Adventure in The New World!

The Straw Hat Pirates run across a blazing volcanic island in the turbulent sea -- one even their New World Log Pose can't register! Captain Luffy is all for setting ashore, but his crew has their doubts until a mysterious distress call comes in from beyond the sea of flames before them! What mysteries await our crew on the tumultuous  island of Punk Hazard!?

Twin Hazards on Land and at Sea!

The Straw Hat landing party encounters a legendary monster amid the inferno of Punk Hazard. But there is even more weirdness to this creature than meets the eye! Meanwhile, the crewmembers who stayed aboard the Thousand Sunny may have taken their safety for granted, but when mysterious boarders infiltrate the ship, who among them will truly escape disaster?

ONLY TOONAMI

• Like 2

I'm current with the manga, but I didn't watch any of the anime past Fishman Island. Really glad to finally get this chance to experience this arc with all of you!

Even in my wildest dreams, I never imagined One Piece would get this far on American TV.

THE PUNK HAZARD ARC BEGINS!

Edited by CorbeauKarasu
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

Wow, I'm surprised the OP didn't change.

There was a licensing issue with the composers of the opening and Funi that prevented it from being put on when it was originally being simulcast. It appears it has carried over to the Toonami broadcast.

Edited by 3ngag3
  • Confused 1

You want to go to that island you idiot?!  How can Luffy be so reckless?!  Has he suddenly gotten a death wish?!

All the fish are dead.

The snail is crying?!  Who is this weirdo calling?  Well, he's dead. 

Maybe he was acting and this was just a trap lol.

Zoro doesn't know what a Samurai is, really?!

• Like 1

A dragon, only in fairy tales?!  Are you guys really shocked after everything you've seen?!

I thought maybe this is where the admirals fought and the lava admiral caused this island to be in this state.  But this damn dragon must have caused this!  Run away you guys!

• Like 1