UnevenEdge

Gamerant - Toonami is safe from Zaslav cuts, plan to continue making original anime for the block

Jman

While I don't necessarily believe him (I've seen enough times where someone will say something is safe then go and get rid of it), I do think Toonami isn't going anywhere.  They seem to be cutting a lot right now and it isn't doing them any favors, either monetarily or with potential/current customers.  If they cut Toonami now they would lose a lot of the goodwill that they barely have to begin with.  They can't afford that.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, stilgar said:

I don't think they really care about goodwill right now.

Zaslav doesn’t.  He flat out told Clint Eastwood to go to hell saying they didn’t owe him anything to release his next film.

• Confused 1

[sigh] It's discussions like this that make me wish this site had a function to just remove entire threads from your dash. Because as reassuring as the news is, it seems almost factory-designed to get people riled up over hypotheticals.

Edited by PokeNirvash

5 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

[sigh] It's discussions like this that make me wish this site had a function to just remove entire threads from your dash. Because as reassuring as the news is, it seems almost factory-designed to get people riled up over hypotheticals.

Hey hey I just got here, so I heard Toonami was canceled?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, PokeNirvash said:

There’s not much that can be done if someone saying “the block is safe” somehow still worries you.  As it stands, the biggest issue is gone.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

It's less the block being safe upsetting me as it is the theorizing that Zaslav is lying though his teeth about it. In the moment, it's comforting, but no less worrisome than what we've already went through if we're really trying to stretch it.

So how do you feel about the breaking news that Toonami is C

ontinuing to offer anime programming for free? Great news isn't it! 

Wow weird gap there, musta been some sorta glitch.

Edited by Daos
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, PokeNirvash said:

It's less the block being safe upsetting me as it is the theorizing that Zaslav is lying though his teeth about it. In the moment, it's comforting, but no less worrisome than what we've already went through if we're really trying to stretch it.

I'm just cynical of anything someone in his position would say, Toonami related or not.  It's not so much I think he's lying about Toonami being safe, just that I doubt sheer goodwill is that reason. 

This is what happens when I read too much TVTropes.

Agreed, though in my case I just get sick of how repetitive some of the entries are and that's when I know I've been on too long.

Spoiler

One time I saw two entries on the Trivia page for Master of Martial Hearts that said the almost exact same thing about Alexis Tipton regretting doing voice work for it, so I edited out the second instance and replaced it with "see above".

On 8/29/2022 at 3:09 PM, stilgar said:

Is that game rant or gamer ant?

I think it's pretty obvious if you stop to think about about it for a second.

It's Gamera NT. It's pretty clear he's a fan of a version of Gamera from Godzilla who is into non traditional relationships. 

...... not sure how you missed that.

• Haha 7

I saw this but I think it was on CBR.  I didn't read the actual article.  I didn't see it posted on the boards at the time and was too tired, so I went to bed.  Glad to see the story was credible and Toonami is safe from the cuts. 

Even though I honestly don't get the point of this merger,  if they are going to get rid of so much stuff.  And it's not exactly a natural fit anyway.  The content of the two companies has nothing in common with each other. 

On 9/4/2022 at 3:34 AM, ben0119 said:

I saw this but I think it was on CBR.  I didn't read the actual article.  I didn't see it posted on the boards at the time and was too tired, so I went to bed.  Glad to see the story was credible and Toonami is safe from the cuts. 

Even though I honestly don't get the point of this merger,  if they are going to get rid of so much stuff.  And it's not exactly a natural fit anyway.  The content of the two companies has nothing in common with each other. 

The point of the merger was very simple.  Seller wanted to unload the ginormous, up to the eyeballs debt Warner Media had, and every new buyer thinks they're the one that can leverage Warner's gigantic library of IP's, networks, and other assets while pairing down said debt.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 2:34 AM, ben0119 said:

Battlebots and Gundam.

Myth Busted.

clapping laughing GIF by Discovery Europe

• Haha 1