UnevenEdge

David Zaslav cancels “Batman: Caped Crusader” before it airs

Jman

Zaslav's cuts extend to other projects - 

Why the hell Warner was making a damn Family Matters Christmas special in 2022 is another matter altogether, but it's dead now.  

Edited by Jman
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Jman said:

So much for the idea of it airing on Toonami.  Watch as the Superman cartoon meets a similar fate.

Interestingly enough, this article says that the show would air on Cartoon Network's ACME night, not on HBO Max; is it possible we're reading too much into this? Probably not, but still...

https://cartoonnetwork.fandom.com/wiki/Batman:_Caped_Crusader

Well, Syfy aired Harley Quinn, so maybe they'll want to premiere this?

Edited by OwlChemist81

Maybe.  Honestly I could see Netflix getting it.

I still want to know who greenlit a Family Matters anything in 2022.  Family Matters.  Urkel.  This -

This thing was a stereotype when it was on roughly 30 years ago.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 3:48 PM, OwlChemist81 said:

Well, these guys sure are hopeful that Batman: Caped Crusader is off HBO Max but will still air on Cartoon Network:

https://winteriscoming.net/2022/08/23/hbo-max-junks-more-animated-shows-including-high-profile-batman-series/

Here's hoping it does so it still happens. Cause it's nuts that they are eyeing cut that of all things.

• Like 1

While Batman's fate is in limbo, the people behind sister show My Adventures with Superman confirmed that it will air on Cartoon Network if nowhere else.  Also some art got leaked -

Why Mxy looks like Supreme Kai is anyone's guess, but there's a ton of race and plot changes that just have me scratching my head.  I feel like Zaslav WANTS to cancel this, but is probably resigned to a single season airing before he does.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 8:12 AM, Jman said:

While Batman's fate is in limbo, the people behind sister show My Adventures with Superman confirmed that it will air on Cartoon Network if nowhere else.  Also some art got leaked -

Why Mxy looks like Supreme Kai is anyone's guess, but there's a ton of race and plot changes that just have me scratching my head.  I feel like Zaslav WANTS to cancel this, but is probably resigned to a single season airing before he does.

Nice designs.

I wouldn't be surprised if Toonami still finds some way to fit animated DC movies in. After all, we've got... Black Adam? That's the only live-action one for the rest of the year.

Guess they could just throw some more Batman movies on. How about the animated adaptation of The Killing Joke?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2022 at 5:12 AM, Jman said:

Mxy gives off Shippo or InuYasha character vibes. That’s certainly a choice.