UnevenEdge

got my car battery replaced today

Naraku4656

I pay people to do menial shit all the time, so I'm not really ragging on you.

i pay the neighborhood crackhead $5 to wash my car regularly. Thats real work tho. Im saving a lot of money by giving him just $5 when Id have to pay $30 to have it detailed. I just take it to a vacuum and spend like $2 to vacuum it out.

Can you please expound on this?

Your whole tone in this thread came across as petty and jealous that Naraku has money and he, in your view, used it to something that could easily have been done for free. It's one thing to do it in a single response, but you kept going on like he doesn't know how to use his money properly. You said he could have given the money to you instead. You were probably joking, but it was quite obvious that you were venting your frustrations, as you keep bumping that one donation thread.

Your whole tone in this thread came across as petty and jealous that Naraku has money and he, in your view, used it to something that could easily have been done for free. It's one thing to do it in a single response, but you kept going on like he doesn't know how to use his money properly. You said he could have given the money to you instead. You were probably joking, but it was quite obvious that you were venting your frustrations, as you keep bumping that one donation thread.

I thought everyone liked my beggar character

just to clarify i wasn't disagreeing with you. i got the hint in his first post.

I'm talking politically, though I also am moderately liberal.

Forget it really. It doesn't warrant an explanation.

no i'm actually curious. what were you getting at? did you think if he kept bugging me i'd go super hardcore TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP or something?

no i'm actually curious. what were you getting at? did you think if he kept bugging me i'd go super hardcore TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP or something?

In 20 years you'd think that poor people just want the $ that people like you waste on car battery installations and mindless consumerism for their own basic necessities.

And you'd be right

Of course not. I said it's little things like that that build up over time that makes one slide over to the right, at least fiscally, over time. I was more referring to myself, and you felt the need to state you were liberal, so I tried to distance you from my own views. I shouldn't have said "people like naraku."

Of course not. I said it's little things like that that build up over time that makes one slide over to the right, at least fiscally, over time. I was more referring to myself, and you felt the need to state you were liberal, so I tried to distance you from my own views. I shouldn't have said "people like naraku."

that's fair. to your point i think i have become more fiscally conservative since college, but i don't think i've gotten that much more. nab's going to be pissed at me for saying this, and i'm going to have to step out of character for a minute,  but $20-$30 is basically pocket change. getting frustrated over seeing someone else waste such a small amount of money is silly, unless you're so far to the left that you think any money not donated is a shame or anything used for yourself is a waste. i've gotten haircuts that were more expensive than that. now, we start talking like $200-300 THEN i would say "ok yeah that's stupid" but lets not be pedantic over an amount that's essentially a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.

and now i'll shut my conservative side off and go back, back to the past, samurai jack WHACHA.

In 20 years you'd think that poor people just want the $ that people like you waste on car battery installations and mindless consumerism for their own basic necessities.

And you'd be right

you do remember that i voted for Bernie in the primaries right?

I don't understand this response to my post, but that's a very baller thing you did.

"In 20 years you'd think that poor people just want the $ that people like you waste on car battery installations and mindless consumerism for their own basic necessities."

i'm pretty sure someone who would vote for Bernie, and want him to win, probably doesn't have contempt for poor people.

"In 20 years you'd think that poor people just want the $ that people like you waste on car battery installations and mindless consumerism for their own basic necessities."

i'm pretty sure someone who would vote for Bernie, and want him to win, probably doesn't have contempt for poor people.

Oh, I was saying that's what bnmjy was saying

Thats ridiculous. When i bought my battery from the auto parts store i batted my eyelashes and asked the cashier to please install it for me. He did it for free.

Actually, AutoZone and Advance Auto will replace anybody's battery for free... unless it's a STUPID PT CRUISER WITH THE BATTERY INSIDE OF THE FUCKING WHEEL WELL.

My battery was in my trunk under a bunch of junk. They had not problem with that.

That's how Miatas are too... the whole thing with PT Shitters and other Chrysler products of similar years is, they would have to remove the wheel to change it and that calls for much more insurance bullshit. A friend of mine manages an Autozone and I just asked her out of curiousity if they would go as far as replacing both batteries in a diesel pickup. "twice the work" but they'll do it.