UnevenEdge

Power Hour In The Abyss: Made In Abyss 3 & 3:30 AM Toonami Discussion

Nanachi's comments about Mitty waiting for her a bit longer and being possibly suicidal have me worried. 

Knowing the mangaka and his love for making his fans suffer, I feel that something bad will happen to the beloved bun. It seems like the obvious way to make his fans suffer and with every new chapter I fear it draws closer :(

Must protec the bun! 

• Like 1

Just now, atomicinumatt said:

Nanachi's comments about Mitty waiting for her a bit longer and being possibly suicidal have me worried. 

Knowing the mangaka and his love for making his fans suffer, I feel that something bad will happen to the beloved bun. It seems like the obvious way to make his fans suffer and with every new chapter I fear it draws closer :(

Must protec the bun! 

Yup.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

So many Lovecraftian vibes 

I never really thought of it that way but youre right. It's like the reverse though. Lovecraft dealt with the vastness and coldness of infinite space, whereas this delves into the darkness of nature and the earth (or an earth like planet).

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

I never really thought of it that way but youre right. It's like the reversbe though. Lovecraft dealt with the vastness and coldness of infinite space, whereas this delves into the darkness of nature it and the earth.

I always thought of the Abyss as separate from Nature and the world, as it violates laws of nature/physics and time/space. It is kinda like an entirely different realm sorta.

Edited by atomicinumatt

1 minute ago, atomicinumatt said:

I really hope at some point in the future, if [as]/Toonami is still around, that we can get S2 and even the movie. 

MiA is one of the greats IMO. 

Yeah, really hope Sentai works out a deal to let them do the movie and S2 and keep showing the rest of this as it goes on the block.

Doesn't even matter that it streams elsewhere first.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AnimationFan14 said:

Riko was able to have a connection with Mitty and in a way Mitty was there for Riko during her recovery as well. 

Definitely. The boulder metaphor and being trapped was perfectly done too. Nothing over the top and still vague enough to to be open to interpretation regarding if Mitty was still conscious or if it was more of a symbolic connection with Riko.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah, really hope Sentai works out a deal to let them do the movie and S2 and keep showing the rest of this as it goes on the block.

S2 just finished airing and think the dubs will be fully out in a couple more weeks?

I wonder what the average is for Toonami to get something after it streams?

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Definitely. The boulder metaphor and being trapped was perfectly done too. Nothing over the top and still vague enough to to be open to interpretation regarding if Mitty was still conscious or if it was more of a symbolic connection with Riko.

ooh yeah, good description.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

I always thought of the Abyss as separate from Nature and the world, as it violates laws of nature/physics and time/space. It is kinda like an entirely different realm sorta.

Youre dead on. The creators have managed to keep it mysterious and otherworldly while also very recognizable in a sense too.

At times it feels like the Abyss could be a natural occurrence or the result of human tampering. Maybe I missed an explanation somewhere but it still seems rather vague to me.

Edited by saito34
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

It sucks that there's so much red tape to deal with these days. We need this on Toonami.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Youre dead on. The creators have managed to keep it mysterious and otherworldly while also very recognizable in a sense too.

At times it feels like the Abyss could be a natural occurrence or the result of human tampering. Maybe I missed an explanation somewhere but it still seems rather vague to me.

Those answers are hopefully at the bottom of the Abyss haha.

Also, Hopefully Tuskushi does not die before he finishes the manga!

One of the things he does amazingly, is to instill in the reader the same insatiable desire to explore and discover the Abyss that his characters feel. Each answer leads to more questions. In this respect he truly is a great writer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

S2 just finished airing and think the dubs will be fully out in a couple more weeks?

I wonder what the average is for Toonami to get something after it streams?

Yeah, looks like the first 8 of the dub are out and it'll finish premiering by Nov 16th.

Yeah, not sure either, I think it's been a bit of everything.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, saito34 said:

And no matter what a person’s answer would be to that, Mitty being put out of her misery is still the best option she had. I would feel especially bad if she was trapped inside of herself with no way to “wake up” like Riko and she could never die.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atomicinumatt said:

Those answers are hopefully at the bottom of the Abyss haha.

Also, Hopefully Tuskushi does not die before he finishes the manga!

One of the things he does amazingly, is to instill in the reader the same insatiable desire to explore and discover the Abyss that his characters feel. Each answer leads to more questions. In this respect he truly is a great writer.

Yeah truly, the more I watch the more I'm impressed with everything. It's all great - the writing, the world building, the art and music.

My only critique would be the tendency to manipulate the audience on an emotional level a little too overtly. Like Mitty and Nanachi. It's emotional but feels a tad manipulative. Other than that, this is an a to s-tier work of fantasy imo

Edited by saito34
  • Like 1