UnevenEdge

The Solution To Toonami's Problems are staring them right in the face

Reruns...to be more specific reruns of shows that toonami has not aired in quite sometime or it's only aired on adultswim proper...

Primal Reruns are performing quite well as the lead of the block so maybe just maybe toonami doesn't need to go digging for hidden gems or focus on pumping out originals as consistently as they can

maybe reruns of good content is all they need to draw people to the block

Edited by CountFrylock

As much as I’d appreciate a rerun of Dandy that’s not after 2am, I don’t think a midnight airing at the top of the block is advisable. IGPX, GITS, FLCL, Bebop and Big O season 2 are better left to the end of the block.

I don’t think Jack reruns would do nearly as well as Primal has though maybe season 5 reruns at midnight wouldn’t tank the block.

You need look no further than DBZ and DBS to know how good a rerun can do for Toonami, quite good if it appeals to the casual audience. They could certainly do worse than rerunning the latest batch of MHA (which they probably don’t have anymore) but maybe early Bleach is feasible?

Naruto Shippuden has plenty of casual appeal still, if cannot lead the block with fresh content then maybe they should try letting Shippuden lead the block. There might even be merit in trying One Piece as the lead if they have nothing coming.

I'm not assuming they still have the rights to everything they've ever aired  i know they don't

but options are very limited now and if sentai's off the table(depending on what amc's plans are for them)then that would leave just viz media as a toonami partner

we already know crunchyroll content is most likely off limits no matter what it is

viz media's always been a reliable source of content for the block but given how uncertain things are in this new streaming age

I'm not sure if things will continue as usual or be different between them and toonami

reruns are something i don't like thinking about leading the block....however if they have no other choice then i can't blame them if it's the route they take

NO, NOT more reruns! 

Also, Demarco always used to say that airing reruns or older shows was no cheaper than airing new shows, and some would even bring a premium if it had some brand recognition behind it.

This means they probably can't or won't air anything they don't already have the rights to, and none of those are suited to lead the block, and we've all seen them a thousand times.

While I appreciate the good intentions here, I can't think of any reruns Toonami has that could air that would do nearly as well as Primal. And anything old they could go out and get would be too expensive to be worth it. As Sketch mentioned, you would be better off moving up one of the remaining shonens.

On 6/5/2022 at 12:22 PM, Blatch said:

While I appreciate the good intentions here, I can't think of any reruns Toonami has that could air that would do nearly as well as Primal. And anything old they could go out and get would be too expensive to be worth it. As Sketch mentioned, you would be better off moving up one of the remaining shonens.

Not So Sure If One Piece Being On Earlier would do much though it's always been one of those shows that really intimidates newcomers

On 6/4/2022 at 11:32 PM, ben0119 said:

NO, NOT more reruns! 

Also, Demarco always used to say that airing reruns or older shows was no cheaper than airing new shows, and some would even bring a premium if it had some brand recognition behind it.

This means they probably can't or won't air anything they don't already have the rights to, and none of those are suited to lead the block, and we've all seen them a thousand times.

the only other option would be losing time-slots if they can't get new content and I Doubt anyone here wants a shorter toonami that barely feels like it's  just started by the time it's over