UnevenEdge

Lupin the 3rd Part 6 Episode 4 Discussion!!

Just now, DangerMouse said:

She was still playing a role while she was talking to him with his back turned on that bed. Hence her still talking a little differently than usual imo.

Oh ok.  Maybe so.  She was talking odd for sure.  I was wondering if Michelle Ruff was starting to have trouble playing the role as I've been watching this show, and that scene didn't help.

The whole thing with Dorothy Fahn providing the voice for Fujiko's waitress disguise is pretty amusing in hindsight, considering she actually voiced Fujiko in the Animaze dub of Castle of Cagliostro. I wonder if Bang Zoom did that on purpose...

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:28 PM, AnimationFan14 said:

This is likely my favorite episode so far this season

Honestly it might be my favorite episode of Lupin in general. The hard-boiled film noir discussion was so captivating that before I knew it the episode was already over.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 10:28 PM, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  Maybe so.  She was talking odd for sure.  I was wondering if Michelle Ruff was starting to have trouble playing the role as I've been watching this show, and that scene didn't help.

There's been something kinda off about Ruff's Fujiko this season. I don't remember thinking the voice sounded off in prior parts but its definitely bothering me in this one.

• Like 1

This was a weird episode, but as you might expect (since I tend not to post negativity), I liked it. It was really bugging me that I couldn't tell if those were the regular VAs for the disguised Lupin and Jigen. And then the waitress turned out to be Fujiko but she was played by someone different there and like woah. The violence was cool, and the explanation for all of it was wonderfully obtuse, which is fitting, given that I just clicked on the review and found out Oshii wrote this. I also enjoyed the shout out to the John F. Kennedy Library in Boston. I've visited it, but it's hard for me to mention that without saying that it was research for a school project that I think (because I may not have learned it until after) was brought upon because I found out I am distantly related to JFK himself: my great-great-grandmother was a cousin of his mom. Anyway, I'll have to go back there and see if I can find that rare code book.

Edited by Blatch
Think it's two greats.
  • Like 2

On 5/18/2022 at 5:33 AM, Sketch said:

Honestly it might be my favorite episode of Lupin in general. The hard-boiled film noir discussion was so captivating that before I knew it the episode was already over.

I agree that pulp noir diner scene was so brilliantly and effortlessly done that I was hooked from the start! The whole thing did fly by which always is a sign of a excellent episode. 

Now on the other end of the critical review scale Fujiko’s cooking received less praise…

• Like 1

On 5/16/2022 at 6:16 PM, PokeNirvash said:

The whole thing with Dorothy Fahn providing the voice for Fujiko's waitress disguise is pretty amusing in hindsight, considering she actually voiced Fujiko in the Animaze dub of Castle of Cagliostro. I wonder if Bang Zoom did that on purpose...

Hah I didn't notice that!  But I can't remember if I ever heard the other Lupin cast either. 

On 5/18/2022 at 4:37 AM, Sketch said:

There's been something kinda off about Ruff's Fujiko this season. I don't remember thinking the voice sounded off in prior parts but its definitely bothering me in this one.

This might sound cold, but do you think Michelle Ruff has simply gotten too old to do the voice now?  Or did Fujiko talk in this weird way in the Japanese version of this season and the director is copying that for some reason?

• Confused 1