UnevenEdge

One Piece Episode 539 Discussion

Episode 539: The Haunting Ties! Nami and the Fish-Man Pirates!

As the New Fishman Pirates exert their sinister will on the citizens of Fishman Island, The Straw Hat Pirates in the Sea Forest listen to Jinbe's tale. How is it that The Arlong Pirates came to terrorize the East Blue? How had The Great Pirate Era affected the denizens of Fishman Island? What is the significance of these two names: Queen Otohime and Fisher Tiger?

ONLY TOONAMI

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CorbeauKarasu said:

Episode 539: The Haunting Ties! Nami and the Fish-Man Pirates!

As the New Fishman Pirates exert their sinister will on the citizens of Fishman Island, The Straw Hat Pirates in the Sea Forest listen to Jinbe's tale. How is it that The Arlong Pirates came to terrorize the East Blue? How had The Great Pirate Era affected the denizens of Fishman Island? What is the significance of these two names: Queen Otohime and Fisher Tiger?

ONLY TOONAMI

I'm still reeling from that Made In Abyss finale, so thanks for picking up the episode thread!

• Like 1

UNIMPORTANT BUT INTERESTING FACT: Back when I was first experiencing One Piece, I hardly retained any of Nami's tragic backstory (or at least, what 4Kids left of it) because I kept getting distracted by Bellemere's hair. Even today, as I recognize how badass and memorable it is, it still registers as a bizarre character design choice, even compared to the headpieces various Yu-Gi-Oh characters dare to call their hair.