UnevenEdge

Attack on Titan Episode 78: "Two Brothers" Discussion

3ngag3

On 2/27/2022 at 12:57 AM, ben0119 said:

Zeke has the power after all?!  SUCH BULLSHIT!

He found a way to undo the vow renouncing war.  LOL.  I don't suppose that will be explained how he did that.

Now what?

He explained how he's doing it actually, or at least his theory I guess. He's likely making some of these deductions on the fly though since he and his "father figure" both assumed that the actual holder of the Founding Titan would be the one in control, which is why he needed Eren to agree to his plan. It sounded like he said something like "over the years he's been stuck in there in this moment" he realized that Ymir is a slave to those with royal blood and will obey them and we kind of know that unlike the other royals with the Founder we've experienced, who are willed to not do anything, Zeke likely currently isn't fully effected by the first king's will since he doesn't actually possess the Founding Titan himself, he's just touching Eren to gain access similar to how Eren accessed it at the end of season 2. So I imagine that's why he's able to have her break the chains instead of being compelled not to act like he would be if he fully possessed the Titan. [Edit: Actually re-watched again and realized those chains were fakes that Zeke had her make in order keep the illusion for Eren that Zeke was relying on Eren to do it because he was holding out hope that they could do it together.]

So I wonder if technically Historia could do this too when touching Eren if she knew how. But it's probably way too late for that and Zeke knows a lot more at this point than she could likely learn.

That said, I hope there's still a twist coming since I'd still think Eren should have the edge since he's actually the holder of the Titan.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Daos said:

Yeah I really wish it hadn't gone off the deep end with all the sorcery and mind wipes and now a different plane of reality and whatever else.

It doesn't bother me too much but I did think the mind wipe would be the farthest it'd go too but I guess not.

No idea but I think this is just a visual representation of the "Coordinate" rather than actually a different plane.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ben0119 said:

We didn't hear the whole conversation?

Oh looks like you were right, I thought a bit of it felt new to me in the moment, but it was indeed the same conversation from the end of last season's finale and just not letting us see the end of it with Eren not catching the baseball on the fly until now, clearly symbolizing him not actually agreeing to Zeke's plan.

Last time we just saw up to Zeke tossing it to him, but the scene cut with the ball still in the air going toward Eren and then cutting away before we get to see whether or not he catches it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

On 2/27/2022 at 12:45 AM, ben0119 said:

Ymir was wasted.  Went to Marley and died off screen because reasons.

Yeah, I still don't entirely follow her decision even if she felt a little sorry for Reiner and Bert and wanted to pay them back like she said, that shouldn't have been enough to go with them over staying and defending Historia from a big threat. She clearly knew they'd force her to give up the Jaw Titan which means giving Marley, a major threat to Historia, another Titan back to potentially use against Paradis regardless of whether or not she saw Eren use the Coordinate to control Titans one time. I hope there's at least something more that gets mentioned about her choice since Armin did bring up wondering about her decision back then too.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1