UnevenEdge

Attack On Titan: The Final Season Episode #76 "Judgment" Discussion

Hmm. What's with that hug? So was Magath using them as helpless tied up canon fodder for years supposed to be just him following orders to stay on his government's good side until he got control of the military from Willy when they expected a lot of the leaders to be targeted in the potential Liberio attack?

Edited by DangerMouse

And as I say that, the feed on the mobile Chrome crapped out and I missed part of the beginning of the episode.  I'll have to re-watch it.  Hopefully watching on the Adult Swim app will work better.

Hard to keep track of this fight with all these Titan powers.

The Eren fangirl is annoying.

Edited by ben0119

8 hours ago, ben0119 said:

Oh ok.  So I wonder if they are getting beat so bad because of their equipment or inexperience?

Yeah, good question. We'll need to see how the rest of the battle goes but at the moment I'm thinking their current performance is probably a mix of both of those. Inexperience, let alone also inexperience at fighting other humans and those tactics, and partially equipment due to being outnumbered and surrounded in a surprise attack both on the ground and by aerial artillery without the honed skills of our top Scouts gained from almost constant battles.

Also probably a key factor at the moment that I just thought about is that battle leadership on the ground for this limited number of Jaegerist Paradis soldiers fighting right now is probably an absolute mess and/or almost non-existent at the moment thanks to all the subterfuge of the first half of the season.
If Floch is as high up in the food chain as he appears, then very few squad commanders likely joined leaving almost no one coordinating these soldiers we're seeing right now let alone coordinating them in combination with things like their canon squads like they normally would.

Instead we know Pyxis and the other leaders like Nile that were in that meeting hall (when we got that scene with them all feeling a jolt from Zeke's scream), along with any non-Jaegerist soldiers (remember the color-coded armbands), that all drank that tainted wine were all being rounded up by Yelena and her "Volunteers" before this surprise attack. Many of the non-Jaegerist military being rounded up and having Floch even removing instructors like Keith at the end of last season all before the airships arrived is why I'm pretty confident only the Jaegerists are still armed at this point by the time this battle kicked off.

Edited by DangerMouse

As much as I don't doubt that Levi's still alive, the fact that he's being declared dead for the time being - to the point of Hange claiming he was "killed instantly" - is another reason episode 15 of Final Season is my least favorite in the entire Titan franchise, Junior High's lowest points included.

Edited by PokeNirvash

On 2/18/2022 at 7:36 PM, PokeNirvash said:

As much as I don't doubt that Levi's still alive, the fact that he's being declared dead for the time being - to the point of Hange claiming he was "killed instantly" - is another reason episode 15 of Final Season is my least favorite in the entire Titan franchise, Junior High's lowest points included.

Watching it for the first time last weekend, I quickly assumed he was still alive seeing Hange's reaction after her initial shock, and took everything she was saying about him "being dead" as her trying to fool Floch. I noticed that Floch never made it over to the body to properly look at him, and she was kind of blocking his view too, and then when Zeke came out of that Titan Hange instantly using that distraction to get away with him in the river pretty much confirmed for me he was alive.

But, that said, if you mean what the reveal of him being that injured in the explosion seemingly implies for the rest of his role (unless there's some kind of extended period to this last war) then yeah I agree, I'm not a fan of getting him out of the way like this. Even Floch points out it's a lucky break for them. Him making that mistake with the Thunder Spear and Zeke was pretty out of character to me. Even if he assumed Zeke would do/endure everything to avoid the risk of dying, since the one thing he needs to do at any cost at that moment was just stay alive to hopefully reach Eren, Levi's never been that careless and it immediately felt like a mistake rather out of character for Levi to make. That part was definitely a low point.

Outside of that, and Magath acting like he never tossed Marley Eldians out on the field like canon fodder with grenades strapped on them (which Gabi barely prevented by volunteering her plan in the one instance we saw) or had them tossed out of airships gagged and tied up so they could be turned by Zeke while free-falling like Titan bombs, though maybe he cares a bit about the few he's actually formed relationships with in his squad, the rest of the episode I thought was pretty good, it had some good pacing for the premiere and some good stuff with the main fight and the great very conflicted scene in the dungeon.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 1