UnevenEdge

Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon Episode 24 Season 1 Finale (for REAL this time!!) "Sesshomaru's Daughter" Discussion!!

Just now, ben0119 said:

I think they actually went into space but not sure how.

The moment I saw all that space stuff, my first thought was the Meido Zangetsuha, which used space as its aesthetic, so I like to think it was a battle with as much destructive power as that move, but without all the brokenness of it.

• Like 2

He said he hopes it will happen.

I could imagine the dub might be slowed down a bit with COVID running amok and all.

Rating? Well, you'll just have to click and see more BS from Beckett and his Seinfeld fetish!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/yashahime-princess-half-demon/episode-24/.170860

AS for me, I'll go with 3.5 stars, and definitely the most interesting thing of the night so far.

Hey, that's exactly the same as the community score!

Edited by OwlChemist81
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Yes, that is the pure evil cliffhanger we had to sit with for quite some time.  I hope Demarco doesn't wait as long to get season 2 for Toonami.

It'll probably be easier than Demon Slayer, since this is with VIZ and not Aniplex.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Kirinmaru is a way more likable villain than Naraku ever was, don't @ me on that.

Naraku brought the lulz because he was a cowardly villain.

Kirinmaru is more like a Dragon Ball villain, and wants the heroes to survive so they can live to have a good fight with him another day. :D

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

The moment I saw all that space stuff, my first thought was the Meido Zangetsuha, which used space as its aesthetic, so I like to think it was a battle with as much destructive power as that move, but without all the brokenness of it.

Yeah I think it might be related to the meido.  Either that or all the power on display from Towa and Moroha transforming, along with Kirinmaru going all out, caused a rift in space to open and send them elsewhere.  Or it is some ability Kirinmaru has.  We really don't know what all powers he has.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

It'll probably be easier than Demon Slayer, since this is with VIZ and not Aniplex.

It used to be easy to get things from Aniplex.  Toonami would have lots of their shows on, and usually in quick fashion.  Viz shows were infrequent, though I think maybe just because Toonami wasn't as interested in the Viz library.  Not really sure why things with Aniplex would have changed.

12 minutes ago, PokeNirvash said:

Yeah the way they showed it and the way it changed back as they fell made think of a spell.

Though he's right figuratively they did get their asses knocked back down to Earth too!

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, OwlChemist81 said:

He said he hopes it will happen.

I could imagine the dub might be slowed down a bit with COVID running amok and all.

Rating? Well, you'll just have to click and see more BS from Beckett and his Seinfeld fetish!

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/review/yashahime-princess-half-demon/episode-24/.170860

You mean Demarco?  Do you have the quote?  I would have hoped he'd already have season 2 lined up and that was one of our surprises for 2022 he mentioned before.

Yeah not sure I want to bother with that author's drivel again.  A guy that already admitted he doesn't even know the franchise.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah the way they showed it and the way it changed back as they fell made think of spell.

Though he's right figuratively they did get their asses knocked back down to Earth.

I guess it could be a spell.  Never really took it that way.  Konton used illusions so maybe it is possible.  Though I really don't see what purpose such a spell would have.

I always took it as something possibly meido related, or all the sheer power being unleashed caused them to get teleported into space.

I think I will go check out some NON-SHIT reviews of this episode and see what they come up with.

• Like 1

Oh good, it looks like Viz has already started the season 2 dub and looking at my Funimation sub it looks like the first 8 episodes are available for me dubbed so far out of 13 subbed ones, with ep 14 airing next Saturday.

Hopefully we'll at least get it once they get closer to finishing the season if the reason we aren't getting it right away is that still worried about catching up to the dub depending on the current dub schedule of it.

Edited by DangerMouse
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, ben0119 said:

I guess it could be a spell.  Never really took it that way.  Konton used illusions so maybe it is possible.  Though I really don't see what purpose such a spell would have.

I always took it as something possibly meido related, or all the sheer power being unleashed caused them to get teleported into space.

I think I will go check out some NON-SHIT reviews of this episode and see what they come up with.

Yeah, maybe an effect of all that sheer power being unleashed rather than an actual spell.

1 hour ago, DangerMouse said:

Oh good, it looks like Viz has already started the season 2 dub and looking at my Funimation sub it looks like the first 8 episodes are available for me dubbed so far out of 13 subbed ones, with ep 14 airing next Saturday.

Hopefully we'll at least get it once they get closer to finishing the season if the reason we aren't getting it right away is that still worried about catching up to the dub depending on the current dub schedule of it.

Ah well that is good to hear.  I hadn't checked the dub progress on season 2.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.  I don't think Toonami would catch up to the dub, but I'm not really sure what the schedule for it is like right now.

Yeah, we still got a new episode on Christmas, but tonight.  T__T Ah well, at least we got a new episode on one of the holidays!

And I gotta say, season 2 is an improvement on season 1.  I guess it makes sense since things have been built up more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ben0119 said:

Ah well that is good to hear.  I hadn't checked the dub progress on season 2.  Hopefully we won't have to wait too long.  I don't think Toonami would catch up to the dub, but I'm not really sure what the schedule for it is like right now.

Yeah, we still got a new episode on Christmas, but tonight.  T__T Ah well, at least we got a new episode on one of the holidays!

And I gotta say, season 2 is an improvement on season 1.  I guess it makes sense since things have been built up more.

Oh, so you've checked out a bit of season 2 and it's been good? Nice.

Yeah, that's the thing, we've gotten a lot of dubs back this year but I wonder if they're currently recording more in batches rather than week to week. Even Funi's daily schedule thing still isn't really filled out at all like they used to before the pandemic, so like you said it's hard to tell how far in advance they're confident each Yashahime ep will actually be ready.

Edited by DangerMouse

On 1/2/2022 at 2:54 AM, DangerMouse said:

Oh, so you've checked out a bit of season 2 and it's been good? Nice.

Yeah, that's the thing, we've gotten a lot of dubs back this year but I wonder if they're currently recording more in batches rather than week to week. Even Funi's daily schedule thing still isn't really filled out at all like they used to before the pandemic, so like you said it's hard to tell how far in advance they're confident each Yashahime ep will actually be ready.

I have been watching both seasons since they came out in Japan.  Didn't want to wait haha.  Some episodes I have seen like three times. :D Of course that's still nothing compared to the original series! xD

And yeah many considered the last episode (the one that came out on Christmas) to be the best episode yet.

Yeah there's not really anything I keep tabs on like that on Funimation so I have no idea.

• Thanks 1