UnevenEdge

Blade Runner: Black Lotus 2-Part Premiere Discussion!!

3 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I think it's looking quite good visually so far.

The backgrounds have some nice detail too.

Were kind of stuck with this CGI style for certain projects I guess. I've seen way worse. It has some nice lighting and FX so far

4 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Were kind of stuck with this CGI style for certain projects I guess. I've seen way worse. It has some nice lighting and FX so far

Yeah.

Lighting is quite nice and the backgrounds too.

I think Elle's model looks pretty cool, favoring smoothness over detail a bit sure, but some rather good facial expressions too.

And always good to see another CG anime not slowing down the framerate.

Edited by DangerMouse

3 minutes ago, CountFrylock said:

so the toonami discord informed me that most of these Voice actors are low level c-list actors....

did they not wanna spend money on voice acting or did they use all that up before they got to that part?

Are any voice actors really above c-level?  Whatever the reason, I'm glad the voice cast didn't get celebrified, and let the show's own merits speak for itself.

Or maybe they saved up for a Harrison Ford cameo LOL.

1 minute ago, DangerMouse said:

Yeah.

Lighting is quite nice and the backgrounds too.

I think Elle's model looks pretty cool, favoring smoothness over detail a bit sure, but some rather good facial expressions too.

Totally agree on Elle. Compared to the way Major looked in that newest GiTS it's a big improvement.

8 minutes ago, DangerMouse said:

I'd need to hear it again but I think the food shop owner that was getting annoyed with her was speaking Japanese. So it's probably multiple languages.

I should have been able to recognize Japanese given all the anime I have watched.  Mostly dubs, but I have seen a lot in Japanese too.

And I have no idea what other language Doc was speaking.

13 minutes ago, saito34 said:

Or projects could just not use this style.  Or git gud with their cgi haha.  But yeah it could be a lot worse.  It's just that cgi is hardly new at this point, so I would expect higher quality than this.

Edited by ben0119

1 minute ago, ben0119 said:

Or projects could just not jsee this style.  Or git gud with their cgi haha.  But yeah it could be a lot worse.  It's just that cgi is hardly new at this point, so I would expect higher quality than this.

Believe me I'm just as confused by the trend but it has to be a budgetary thing. The new League of Legends show on Netflix has really upped the bar for the CGI centric stuff however.

• Like 1