UnevenEdge

What's this?

Sofa King Kule

1 hour ago, bnmjy said:

I had to look it up, and in modern Japanese 無 is commonly used instead and means the same exact thing. 無 is rarely used by itself too.

So, in this case the character he used was rare because it was obsolete.

Would Packard have know that if, in fact, he actually knew what the word meant and wasn't reading out of a dictionary?

2 minutes ago, RainyDayJizz#35 said:

So it was a Japanese character for a word that doesn't exist in English or you actually don't know what it means because you've now ascribed a word that doesn't exist to it?

Thanks for pointing out the spelling error.  

Nihility

Just drop the "A"

13 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

So, in this case the character he used was rare because it was obsolete.

Would Packard have know that if, in fact, he actually knew what the word meant and wasn't reading out of a dictionary?

I honestly only ever say obsolete when it comes to technology. But yes, it is an obsolete character.

I'm still convinced he tried to write heaven 天 and it fortunately looked like the other character, so he trued to pass it off as that. If he looked up anihility however, he should have arrived at 無.

To answer your question, yes, but I think he barely knows anything about kanji. Showing off like this is something a weeb just starting learning the language would do. And kanji don't always explicitly mean something on their own. Like 無 I mentioned earlier, it is almost always in a compound (which also means the character Packard was trying to pass off rarely stands by itself too). You can think of kanji characters like Latin prefixes and suffixes, that is most Japanese words are actually kanji compounds.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bnmjy said:

I just noticed I said "starting learning." I know that sounds funny, but is that grammatically incorrect?

Might as well talk about English now, lol

You don't usually put two gerunds back to back, no.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, scoobdog said:

Yet you saw fit to test us on it as if you had.

Just proving a point.

When it's legible without following the stroke order, don't bother criticizing me about it.

It seems that rubber stamps, typewriters and glass bent into neon signage doesn't follow it, either.  If other people had recognized that, this thread would not exist.

7 minutes ago, Sofa King Kule said:

Just proving a point.

When it's legible without following the stroke order, don't bother criticizing me about it.

It seems that rubber stamps, typewriters and glass bent into neon signage doesn't follow it, either.  If other people had recognized that, this thread would not exist.

You did not prove a point.  The only thing you proved is that you can copy a character without knowing what it means.

4 hours ago, Sofa King Kule said:

It was about five years ago and since all your ultra dense heads are interchangeable, take your pick.

If that person can remember anything that happened more than three minutes ago, he might show up again and say I cheated on this.

Imagine making a thread over an argument from 5 years ago just to prove a point that literally no one else cares about.

And because you can't tell people apart, you don't even know if whoever you were arguing with is even still around.