UnevenEdge

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma - The THIRD Plate Episode 1 "Challenging The Elite 10" Discussion!!

Just now, Daos said:

Main problems I have with this show... it's just not funny and the harem antics fall flat. And I actually enjoy harem anime =P

the fact that you dislike this show but Defend Tamaki's existence in Fire Force feels contradictory to me

so like I am planning on bowing out of these Food Wars threads because i don't care for the show but I wanna say this:

.... about half the elite 10 here were introduced properly in OVAs that happened between Season 3 and 4.... which Toonami didn't acquire and air. So if it seems like 5 of these characters are awkwardly presented here as if you SHOULD know them but don't, THAT'S why.

Edited by elfie
  • Like 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

The Council of Ten!  Well, they're no Soul Reaper Captains, that's for sure.  Also odd to keep so many of them a secret til now just to reveal them all at once like that.

I quote from my post:

... about half the elite 10 here were introduced properly in OVAs that happened between Season 3 and 4.... which Toonami didn't acquire and air. So if it seems like 5 of these characters are awkwardly presented here as if you SHOULD know them but don't, THAT'S why.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, elfie said:

I quote from my post:

... about half the elite 10 here were introduced properly in OVAs that happened between Season 3 and 4.... which Toonami didn't acquire and air. So if it seems like 5 of these characters are awkwardly presented here as if you SHOULD know them but don't, THAT'S why.

Were those OVAs canon?  Pretty big blunder on Demarco's part if so.  He went to all the trouble to get this show back and even took off another show that wasn't finished to put it on.

• Sad 1

Just now, ben0119 said:

Were those OVAs canon?  Pretty big blunder on Demarco's part if so.  He went to all the trouble to get this show back and even took off another show that wasn't finished to put it on.

I don't feel like it matters much this show is horrible

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mochi said:

the fact that you dislike this show but Defend Tamaki's existence in Fire Force feels contradictory to me

How so? Tamaki has a nice character design at least? 

This show is just never ending generic waifus tasting food and having foodgasms.... which was funny like.. twice.

I just can't believe this goes on for more than 12 episodes. Ben-to has an equally dumb concept but is more entertaining and only got 12.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, elfie said:

so like I am planning on bowing out of these Food Wars threads because i don't care for the show but I wanna say this:

.... about half the elite 10 here were introduced properly in OVAs that happened between Season 3 and 4.... which Toonami didn't acquire and air. So if it seems like 5 of these characters are awkwardly presented here as if you SHOULD know them but don't, THAT'S why.

Season 3 and 4? But this IS season 3! So this is the first introduction we SHOULD have to them!

Just now, Daos said:

How so? Tamaki has a nice character design at least? 

This show is just never ending generic waifus tasting food and having foodgasms.... which was funny like.. twice.

I just can't believe this goes on for more than 12 episodes. Ben-to has an equally dumb concept but is more entertaining and only got 12.

Tamaki is literally a palate swap of Maka Albarn and she serves no purpose in series other than to jiggle and squirm so male viewers can fap to her 

>_> the female characters may be shameless in this show too but they actually do something other than shimmy

• Haha 1

Just now, mochi said:

Tamaki is literally a palate swap of Maka Albarn and she serves no purpose in series other than to jiggle and squirm so male viewers can fap to her 

>_> the female characters may be shameless in this show too but they actually do something other than shimmy

How can you see this and not like that character?

• Like 1